PDA

View Full Version : powder shot bottle adaptors

Ausglock
04-08-2020, 06:56 AM
G'day All.
I have 2 old Pacific DL-105 12Ga reloaders, but the powder and shot bottles are cracked.
Has anyone seen adaptors to fit MEC bottles to the Pacific presses?

I imagine they could be 3D printed if the thread sizes were known..

Thanks.

SuperBlazingSabots
04-08-2020, 09:10 AM
Good morning Ausglock, the rubbing Alcohol bottle in your bathroom should fit very nicely, just don't let the wife catch you red handedly or else you too will get no dinner.
Mind you, those Rubbing Alcohol bottles are far more sturdy than your original bottles that comes with the loader.

Best regards.
Ajay K. Madan
Super Blazing Sabots

flounderman
04-08-2020, 09:30 AM
I am using coke bottles on my mecs, they screw right on. I have some Pacific loaders, but they have a cylinder instead of a bottle. There may be a pvc pipe that would fit the pacific.

John Boy
04-08-2020, 12:08 PM
Here's a neat idea: One "Shot" and the other "Powder"[smilie=1:
https://www.cokestore.com/personalized-bottle-bulk

Winger Ed.
04-08-2020, 12:14 PM
Look in a catalog at the new ones.
They might fit, and Hornady will sell 'em to ya pretty cheap.

I needed a clear tube for the rifle/pistol measure I got back in the 80's, and they just gave it to me.

Hamish
04-08-2020, 12:40 PM
https://www.midwestbottles.com/Bottles/16-oz.-White-Bullet-Round-24-410-HDPE-Opaque-Plastic-Bottle/

Pick your poison.

EMC45
04-09-2020, 04:40 PM
One of my MEC bottles cracked and I used a "RealLemon" bottle for shot. Works just fine.

Ausglock
04-10-2020, 04:27 AM
Thanks for all the tips.. I have found some 1 litre plastic bottles that have a compatible thread to the Pacific bottles. I'll drill a hole in the bottom to take the Pacific push in plugs.

15meter
04-16-2020, 09:34 AM
Sounds like you have a solution, for others surfing in with similar questions, if it is the same thread as a MEC bottle you can use what is known as a "Boston" bottle. That is an industry standard bottle/thread size.

It's what MEC uses and is ridiculously common on pharmacutical(sp?) bottles. It's also used on shampoo and other similar product bottles here in the US.

$10 for a MEC bottle or $0 for a recycled shampoo bottle? I'm not that proud not to use the shampoo bottle.

Or do a search for Boston bottle and you can buy a wide variety of sizes/shapes/materials. Even glass if you're brave.

Ausglock
04-18-2020, 06:43 AM
The bottles are not MEC thread. They are a thread found on Lab bottles. A plastic factory in Sydney, Aus Supplies them to HITEK for his bullet coating. They are 1 litre capacity.

15meter
04-19-2020, 11:59 PM
The bottles are not MEC thread. They are a thread found on Lab bottles. A plastic factory in Sydney, Aus Supplies them to HITEK for his bullet coating. They are 1 litre capacity.

That's interesting that it's a lab bottle thread. Here in the US a "boston" bottle is one of the most common lab bottles available. I suspect that's why MEC settled on it here.