PDA

View Full Version : Homeless - sort of

bikerbeans
03-25-2020, 08:54 PM
I am one of those high risk old folks that the chinese flu is targeting. I have heart and lung failure and also on dialysis. I was supposed to die ten years ago but I am still kicking and irritating folks. The current scare doesn't bother me, I have had a long time to accept my situation. The same can't be said for my wife and two kids.

My wife is an RN and works in a nursing home. They have no confirmed cases of Covid-19 and a strick lockdown policy is in place. However, to appease my family I am leaving the house tomorrow and moving into my 29' travel trailer. I am taking my dwarf shorty jack with me for company. The TT is located next to my barn which houses my reloading area and brewery. There is two hundred pounds of beef in the barn freezer. I think I will make it being "homeless".

BB

Rcmaveric
03-25-2020, 08:57 PM
Sounds like a nice vacation. Told my wife one year I will build my Laboratory so I can be grounded to my room.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Markopolo
03-25-2020, 08:58 PM
awwww BB .... hope you have a reloading press and some internet out there....

KMac
03-25-2020, 11:02 PM
You have 200 lbs of beef and and a brewery and a reloading room in your barn?
Man, I really want to be homeless like that.

Chad5005
03-25-2020, 11:07 PM
sounds like a nice vacation,better safe than sorry

Winger Ed.
03-25-2020, 11:07 PM
At least they didn't lock you in the basement like that cousin nobody talks about.

gpidaho
03-25-2020, 11:16 PM
I hope all in your family weather this fine and stay in good health. Like Winger Ed said at least you're not locked up down stairs like the Gimp so things could be worse. Gp

skeettx
03-25-2020, 11:17 PM
Thanks for that option, Travel Trailer is a good option
Mike

Land Owner
03-26-2020, 04:57 AM
BB, where you been brother? Out trails haven't crossed in some time. So, they "sent you to your room, which is where you wanted to be in the first place"? I trust your family will visit you from time to time in your "homelessness", if for nothing else, to enjoy that broad smile on your beer swilling, meat eating, fur baby loving face.

GhostHawk
03-26-2020, 06:49 AM
Br'er Rabbit "Whatever you do please do NOT throw me into that briar patch"

Uhuh, got yourself thrown into the spot you most wanted to be didn't ya? Nicely played.

Texas by God
03-26-2020, 07:25 AM
Hang in there, BB! Tough it out, friend.

lightman
03-26-2020, 07:38 AM
I think you are wise to take precautions. This is serious. If you get bored you can always drop in here and see how bored we are!

Wayne Smith
03-26-2020, 07:50 AM
One assumes you have something to cook the beef on, since you have a brewery also. All that is missing is the beans!

I was confirmed exposed so LOML and I have been practicing distance, sleeping in different rooms, I work at home in the extra room upstairs, she uses the living room and I use the family room. That will end Sat. nite, thank God.

bikerbeans
03-26-2020, 07:59 AM
At least they didn't lock you in the basement like that cousin nobody talks about.

I was thinking ahead on this, I built my house on a crawl space.:wink:

BB

Der Gebirgsjager
03-26-2020, 12:42 PM
Surely, life can be hard. But--we've all got to make sacrifices for the good of our family. :wink: At least you won't have to walk far for a good rib eye and something to wash it down with.

Rizzo
03-26-2020, 01:35 PM
..... I was supposed to die ten years ago but I am still kicking and irritating folks.

I got a chuckle out of that one.
Good health to you BB.

WILCO
03-26-2020, 04:35 PM
Sounds like a plan BB!