PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for my wife Cindy

GhostHawk
03-23-2020, 10:34 PM
Some 3-4 weeks ago my wife Cindy was recovering from a cold, had a lot of really thick sticky mucus in her chest that was not coming out.

Lots of hard coughing. Best we can tell she coughed so hard she fractured several vertibray and caused a compression point at the L1, L2 point which was putting pressure on her spine. Started as "twitches" in her thighs that would not go away. Got worse. Doctored twice for it, finally third guy ordered a spine x-ray which showed the problem. MRI and CT scan and 16 more X-rays followed along with a nice visit with a good doc at the spine clinic and a referral to Neurosurgery.

We see the surgeon tommorow at 8am. One way or another hope to have her in surgery this week.
Spine clinic doc talked about a kind of "cement" they can inject in there to build up the bone, stop the compression.

Anyway any and all thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. She has been wearing an 1800$ back brace since Friday which has helped a lot.
Course she cursed it like a drunken sailer most of the day. Life has been a bit interesting around here.

I am not letting her do much other than feed her cat and take wild swings at my head.

Hoping for a positive outcome here, but Cindy has been a hard worker all her life and she has used and abused her body.
And she is starting to pay the price.

Bill and Cindy Jamison
Fargo ND

Love you guys!

gpidaho
03-23-2020, 10:42 PM
Bill and Cindy: I'm hoping for the best possible outcome with Cindy's surgery. Prayers for a healing hand to be on her. Gp

dverna
03-23-2020, 10:59 PM
Prayers for both of you

Sig556r
03-23-2020, 11:07 PM
Healing prayers & comfort to you & your wife

Chad5005
03-23-2020, 11:13 PM
Prayers for your wife and yourself

03-24-2020, 12:49 AM
Best of luck & prayers.

Bazoo
03-24-2020, 12:57 AM
Prayers for y'all.

Dieselhorses
03-24-2020, 01:27 AM
Prayers for you brother. I pray that God does a miracle for her.

adcoch1
03-24-2020, 01:31 AM
The wife and I are praying for Cindy. May the LORD bless you guys and heal Cindy up quick.

Triggerfinger
03-24-2020, 04:36 AM
Bill, Prayers for both of you!

Teddy (punchie)
03-24-2020, 05:01 AM
Cindy and Bill

My heart go out to you.

Sound like you are getting things from the right people.

I can say for me it was a long road. I have disc trouble at L3 L4 and like the rest of us have the normal I call it still alive pains of life. At its worse it was like a electric cattle fencer. Had to learn to walk again. Looking where I placed my feet. It still awakens me if I over do it. End of a long day I walk with a limp. Take nerve pills. But Thank God and Jesus. That I'm able to move and can now 3 years later, climb steep hills and get around even through I must watch. No jumping out of trucks, off a wall, running down steps taking two or three at a time.

She needs to find out why they fractured? Doesn't sound right. Age? Bone trouble? Was she in an accident?

God Bless Cindy

Theo

Boaz
03-24-2020, 05:53 AM
Lord be near Cindy and Bill in this time of need . Guide her doctors and caregivers , give her relief and healing . Provide the wisdom and discernment in all ways they need to effect the best decisions . Guide them through this hard time , be close that they might feel your presence in their lives . Thank you for all given . Amen

square butte
03-24-2020, 06:58 AM
Prayer sent up

kungfustyle
03-24-2020, 07:19 AM
Prayers up for a speedy recovery.

redriverhunter
03-24-2020, 07:37 AM
prayer sent

Pine Baron
03-24-2020, 08:21 AM
Bill,
Well it's after 8AM so I guess your already into it. Praying hard for Cindy and a successful procedure and a speedy recovery.
And don't forget to take care of yourself, so you can take care of her. May God bless the both of you.

Wayne Smith
03-24-2020, 08:31 AM
Ongoing prayers for Cindy and her MD's and the whole surgical team. Prayers for an easy recovery as well.

daloper
03-24-2020, 08:41 AM
Father God. I lift up Cindy to you this morning. Be with her and give her the healing that she needs. Be with the doctors and all who treat her and give them the skill to do what needs doing. Lay your healing hand upon her. Be with our brother Bill and help him as he watches over her. I pray this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

USMC87
03-24-2020, 08:42 AM
We are praying for Cindy and the family also.

koehn,jim
03-24-2020, 08:44 AM
Prayers sent.

jcren
03-24-2020, 08:54 AM
Prayers sent

Preacher Jim
03-24-2020, 09:39 AM
I have this on my prayer line, my church praying for cindy.

Blackwater
03-24-2020, 06:11 PM
Prayers up for Cindy and you too, Ghost. When the ones we love are sick, we ail too.

johniv
03-24-2020, 06:14 PM
Prayers for Cindy, and you.

Rapidrob
03-24-2020, 06:18 PM
I've asked the Big Guy to heal her.

lightman
03-24-2020, 06:20 PM
Prayers on the way. Its no fun for an active person to be sidelined with back problems.

willowbend
03-24-2020, 06:23 PM
Prayers your way!

MrWolf
03-24-2020, 08:18 PM
Prayers sent. I just had a decompression done in December on L4/L5. Hopefully he's will go as good as mine

GhostHawk
03-24-2020, 08:46 PM
Well we were supposed to meet the doc this morning at 8, he was in surgery, never saw him.

Cindy got examed again by his PA. At this point we are on hold waiting for them to figure out what they want to do.

It was all going clickity clickity clickity and the brakes just got slammed on. I suspect by that PA. Yeah the same one who sent us to the emergancy room for a 2nd MRI in 48 hours. Her I'm not too happy with.

What will be will be.

Prayers are appreciated, and cindy is reading this thread. She had some questions about all this last night.
"Who ARE all those people" "Why would they pray for me?"

On the good news side Cindy and I spent a lot of time talking today.
We are working on the anger issues, both hers and mine.

Its in your hands Lord. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Love you guys! and thank you!

Pete44mag
03-24-2020, 11:16 PM
I will pray to the Good Lord for a positive outcome for you and your wife!

skeettx
03-24-2020, 11:26 PM
Hello GhostHawk and Mrs. GhostHawk

I have prayed for your comfort and healing.
May God bless your family and
aid in your talking and better yet, listening :)

Mike

smoked turkey
03-24-2020, 11:34 PM
Dear Lord, You are our strong tower, and a refuge in times of trouble. I ask that you would be that refuge for Bill and Cindy at this moment. It can be a scary time and a time when there are more questions than answers. So I ask that you give comfort and peace even when things don't go "according to plan". Just let them know that you are going to walk with them through this valley. I ask that you bring about the healing they need for this situation.

Three44s
03-24-2020, 11:46 PM
Prayers sent for Cindy and Bill!

Hang in there

Three44s

Buzz Krumhunger
03-25-2020, 03:12 AM
Prayers for Bill and Cindy.

Muskyhunter1
03-25-2020, 06:29 AM
My prayers are with you.

sharps4590
03-25-2020, 07:19 AM
Amen to the prayers of everyone and especially Boaz and daloper. God is great...beyond our comprehension.

Pine Baron
03-25-2020, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the update Ghost. Although not the news I was expecting. Everything for a reason I guess.
Tell Cindy that we are a group of like minded Christian people from all over America (and parts of the world) that gather in Jesus' name for her successful recovery from her problems. That we love you both and will hold you guys up in prayer for as long as it takes no matter what.
May God bless you and hold you close. In Jesus' name. Amen

Wayne Smith
03-25-2020, 07:51 AM
Cindy and Bill - Clearly God is using this to grow both of you. Settle into His will and let go of your expectations and desires and you will find the process much easier. Remember that God is never surprised but uses 'all things' to make us more and more like Him. (Rom. 8:28-9) The more we resist and try to do it our way the harder it is to row against Him.

trys357
03-25-2020, 07:55 AM
Prayers sent...

Hickok
03-25-2020, 11:12 AM
Lord be near Cindy and Bill in this time of need . Guide her doctors and caregivers , give her relief and healing . Provide the wisdom and discernment in all ways they need to effect the best decisions . Guide them through this hard time , be close that they might feel your presence in their lives . Thank you for all given . AmenAnd amen! Bill and Cindy, we are all pulling for you!

Der Gebirgsjager
03-25-2020, 11:23 AM
I have prayed for Cindy and God's blessing of healing.

GhostHawk
03-25-2020, 06:00 PM
Good day today, at one point after a nap cindy came walking out, no back brace, no walker, walking and acting like she used to.
No pain, no problems. Proof to my mind that prayer works.

Yes, learning to relax and go with the Lords flow is hard for me at times. Working on it.

Cindy and I just read this whole thread. Tears were running down my face and cindy was going "Stop, I can't breath!"

You people rock!

Just heard from a different PA, we will be seen tommorow 9:15 for pre surgery prep, fill us in on the plan, possible they might be able to get us into surgery tommorow or friday.

So things move forward once I quit fighting and accept his will. Laughs, Ok, ok I got the message big guy.

skeettx
03-26-2020, 12:58 PM
YEEEE HAWWWW

God is GOOD
His love endures forever !

Still praying.

Mike

dverna
03-26-2020, 03:58 PM
Bill, that is wonderful news.

Keep us posted.

GhostHawk
03-26-2020, 11:17 PM
Well Cindy was admitted to the hospital just before noon today after a good meeting with her surgeon.
Then about 2 the on staff radiologist came into her room and basically said your not a good fit for this procedure, your bones are too soft.

Since then it has been discussed to death but nothing has been done. Tomorrow I will not be able to go visit her. Tomorrow will also be the last day for any elective surgical procedure.

Cindy is terrified that she is going to be told to go home, wear the brace and hope it improves.

As I understand there is a 4 way tug of war going on, with the Radiologist and the head of the hospital on one side, and her surgeon and the doctor she saw at the spine clinic on the other side.

Because she was maybe going into surgery at any point she went all day with no food and minimal fluids.
I keep telling her she is on vacation, has no chores to worry about. She is out of the house, has a break from me. Relax and don't worry.
Its in the big guys hands.

But a part of me wants to declare war on Sanford Health.

This week she has had 3 MRI's, one CT scan, over 25 x-rays, a 5 hour stay in the Emergency room, and a hospital room. And they want to send her home without doing anything.

Be like taking your car to the Garage, get the car back 3 days later with a 3,000$ bill but they did not change anything or fix the problem.

Its frustrating.

So I call her up, get the latest, tell her it will all be ok. Let her vent to me for a while. Then someone walks into the room and she has to go. And I call my neighbor, fill her in and then it is my turn to vent.

It is out of my hands and in yours lord. Thy will be done. Whatever that may be.

I do think the Hospital is freaking out a bit over this whole Corona Virus thing. Last I heard we only had 2 confirmed cases in this county.
I have a hard time believing it is going to turn into thousands overnight with everyone staying home. Fargo is like a ghost town. Very little traffic, nothing is open.

But I do not see how I can continue to do what I need to do plus all that Cindy used to do plus be there to make sure she does not fall again.
I'm getting close to the end of my rope and its scary hanging here in the wind.

Love you guys, thanks for all the prayers. Wed Cindy had a very good day, very little pain, better walking, no issues. Proof enough for me of the power of prayer.

Pine Baron
03-27-2020, 06:59 AM
Prayers continue for Cindy and you.
Stop looking ahead brother. One day, one hour at a time. God is good always, let Him work his will.

Texas by God
03-27-2020, 07:29 AM
Prayers sent, I know they work. Bless you both.

Wayne Smith
03-27-2020, 07:34 AM
After learning to surrender the the next lesson is learning to trust - really trust, where the rubber meets the road, where you guys are. It is easy to trust God when His will and mine coincide - it's a lot harder when He knows better than I and I don't or won't recognize it.

daloper
03-27-2020, 02:03 PM
Father God. I lift up our brother Bill to you today. Be with him and give him the comfort that he needs during this time while his wife Cindy is in the hospital. Give him strength and peace. Be with Cindy and guild the doctors. I pray that you would lay your hands upon her and give her strength and healing. I pray this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Blackwater
03-27-2020, 07:39 PM
Ghost, it sounds like it's time for a 2nd opinion at a different facility! Still praying for you both.

Teddy (punchie)
03-27-2020, 09:02 PM
Evening Bill

Hope thing are better for you and Cindy. There something going on in Cindy bones, there no reason for the back (vertebrates) to fracture from coughing. For them to crack should take a very heavy amount of weight or an accident.

Hope it all works out for you both.

Teddy

Boaz
03-27-2020, 09:09 PM
I'm still praying for Cindy and you . Many are praying .

GhostHawk
03-27-2020, 09:20 PM
Well she's home.

Essentially they gave her a steroid shot in her L1-L2.

Apparently her bones are very soft and fragile, which is why they did not do the cement thing they originally planned.

We will be working on that and other things. I am in the process of customizing her back brace so the chest pad does not hit her in the face every time she sits down.

Apparently this is the road we are supposed to walk.

Our neighbor 2 down from us came over yesterday and washed all the dishes and helped me pick up.
Then tonight she was here when our grocery's that we ordered through Instacart were delivered 1.5 hours late.

Nothing good to say about them.
The guy supposedly doing our shopping sent us a whole slew of the exact same text message. But apparently was unable to read "If you don't have something, don't substitute, refund"

The good news is the gal that actually did the shopping and delivery had a brain.

Two days of missing my wife something terrible and the minute she is back in the house we are yelling at each other.
I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it. And it seems like everything she does is not thought out at all. Like she has lost the ability to think something through, and see the consequences of it. But we will find a way, somehow.

Thank you brothers!

GhostHawk
03-28-2020, 09:32 PM
Update.

This morning cindy woke up pain free, able to walk, move, get out of bed, etc.

Spent most of the morning cleaning, reorganizing the bedroom for improved access, fewer things to trip over or get hung up on with a walker.

Seeing her better made it possible for me to finally let go of my fears and truly TRUST in the lord.

And we had a wonderful day. No sniping, no arguing, no raised voices. Back to being a team, working together. And when we put our minds to it and work together amazing things happen.

Thanks for all the prayers, the encouragement, and for letting me vent. You guys are AWESOME!

What will be, will be. Not my will Lord but thine be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Praise him with great praise. Truly my cup runneth over.

Thank you all for this support in a trying time.

Love you guys!

Bzcraig
03-28-2020, 10:06 PM
Praying brother!

Wayne Smith
03-29-2020, 07:37 AM
Continuing to pray that God strengthen Cindy's bones and provide the 'peace that passes understanding'.

GhostHawk
03-29-2020, 08:55 AM
Another good morning here, it appears we are where he wants us to be. :)

03-29-2020, 09:06 AM
Still praying for your wife (and you, too, pal).

Rapidrob
03-29-2020, 09:29 AM
Great news! The power of prayer.

Chad5005
03-29-2020, 11:26 AM
continued prayers for you and your wife

GhostHawk
04-01-2020, 05:14 PM
Well Cindy is exploding with joy beside me.

3 days ago the PA from Neurosurgery called and left a voice mail. They were concerned about her, concerned about her feeling like she had been left behind. This morning the doctor had a new plan if Cindy was interested. Go in and fix/replace the bad disk. Needless to say Cindy was excited. She just got called again, surgery is scheduled for Wed at the new hospital. The PA said she'd never seen one approved so fast. Asked if she was a religious woman.

I reminded Cindy that she STILL has people praying for her.

From Cindy's Lips "Thank you all so much for all the prayers you all have lifted. I am still a little scared about the surgery on Wed. But I know without all of you praying for me it would have been so much worse. I'd of been left, forgotten. Left to try to live a miserable life of pain and having to watch those I love do everything. I can never thank you enough. So instead I will pass on a promise. If you need help, come here, ask for prayer, and my husband will tell me. And I will pray for you like you all have prayed for me. God bless you each and everyone.

(Back to bill)
Letting go of the day to day problems of life is hard. My neighbor (Saint Peggy) even gave me a little sign that says " Good Morning! This is GOD, I will be handling all of your problems today"

Easy to say, hard to let go.

Saturday morning, cindy was cleaning and straightening in the bedroom. I was finally able to start letting go. By Monday things had improved between Cindy and I immensely. No more fights, no more anger, no more raised voices. It is one thing to abstractly trust the Lord with your eternal soul. After all just how much do you believe in that soul? Really?

But to trust him to handle your daily problems? That is a whole order of magnitude different.
And there ain't no road map other than the Bible. And you can think you have let go, and still be hanging on for dear life.

Anyway, so much for the continueing drama, stay tuned for a update mid week next week.

Lord, not my will but THINE be done.
Praise him with great praise.

Truly my cup overfloweth.
Thank you Lord. Sorry I'm so stubborn. Runs in the family I hear.

Zingger
04-01-2020, 06:03 PM
Prayers for you and Cindy- Hope all goes well. Read and replied a bit late, but glad to hear it all went well!

Bill

Boaz
04-01-2020, 06:09 PM
Still praying , still here .

Pine Baron
04-01-2020, 06:36 PM
That's great news. I really like how this is playing out. Prayers continue for God's plan unfolding.

daloper
04-01-2020, 06:37 PM
Father God. We Thank You for answered Prayer in the life of Bill and Cindy. I pray that you will guild the hands of the surgeon on Wednesday. Give her the peace and comfort that she needs in this time. Give her quick healing after her surgery. I pray this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

USMC87
04-01-2020, 06:49 PM
We are still praying for Cindy and you.

dverna
04-01-2020, 09:04 PM
Great news Bill

Praying for the best....for both of you.

Wayne Smith
04-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Be prepared, I think God likes to surprise us. I am very glad to hear of your growing faith - practical, living faith. God is growing you and you are willing to grow. I will continue to pray for you and Cindy and for her and her doctors. She does present a challenge to them.

Blackwater
04-04-2020, 06:15 PM
Wayne is right. Our faith is weak, generally, and we have a very hard time accepting His grace, and especially in really expecting a cure for the big things in our lives. But we MUST keep trying, and repeatedly so. It's amazing, but we actually CAN come to turn things over to the Lord. It usually just takes a while, and some experience.

Cindy, you and Ghost will continue in my prayers, as they have since the first post here. God bless you both, and keep you.

GhostHawk
04-08-2020, 06:48 AM
Well I just delivered Cindy to the hospital and checked her in for surgery.
Her surgeon has been doing this exact thing for 25 years. So I feel like she is in good hands.

I cant be with her so I came home to drink coffee and spread the word.

More updates as I get them.

God Bless everyone of you who has prayed for us.

Love you brothers!

Pine Baron
04-08-2020, 06:56 AM
Prayers of hope and healing for Cindy. I'm holding my breath here.

Boaz
04-08-2020, 07:40 AM
Prayers for relief and quick recovery .

Wayne Smith
04-08-2020, 07:43 AM
She and the MD'S are in God's hands. Lord, I pray for the doctor's hands and minds as they operate on Cindy's back. I pray for Cindy's recovery as well.

skeettx
04-08-2020, 09:39 AM
Y'all were lifted up in prayer TODAY!

GhostHawk
04-08-2020, 11:28 AM
Well I have been getting text updates all morning. Into Operating room, proceedure started, little over an hour later it was moved into post op/recovery, then into recovery/discharge. Then a voice mail warning that I would be getting a call within the hour to come get her.

Sigh, this whole thing has gone like clockwork.
Amazing what happens when you let go and let the BIG GUY run things.

I KNOW the prayers have helped. And I know I can never repay that debt in full.
But I am here if anyone needs anything. Anything at all.

Love you guys!

GhostHawk
04-08-2020, 11:36 AM
Pine Baron I think you can breath, I am.

JohnChrysostom
04-08-2020, 12:04 PM
Prayers Already Sent Amen & I hope & i'm, pretty sure that new cement stuff will fix it, I knew a person who had a similar procedure done not to long ago bone fusion in their neck but it's plates and they are happy healthy & pain free now and another guy way back who used to ride dirt bikes and destroyed 5 or 6 vertibre in his lower back & he got fusion & he's happy and healthy but trust me the way they do things now is sooooo much better & quicker than the way they did things even 10 years ago God bless you Both

dverna
04-08-2020, 01:01 PM
Well I have been getting text updates all morning. Into Operating room, proceedure started, little over an hour later it was moved into post op/recovery, then into recovery/discharge. Then a voice mail warning that I would be getting a call within the hour to come get her.

Sigh, this whole thing has gone like clockwork.
Amazing what happens when you let go and let the BIG GUY run things.

I KNOW the prayers have helped. And I know I can never repay that debt in full.
But I am here if anyone needs anything. Anything at all.

Love you guys!

Bill, there is no "debt"...we are made whole by faith and love. As the old saying goes..."It is better to give than receive"

Best of luck as Cindy recovers.

Pine Baron
04-08-2020, 02:05 PM
"Exhales mightily". Praise God from Whom all blessings flow. I'm praying for a smooth quick recovery.
You're sure enough going to have your hands full now brother.

Boaz
04-08-2020, 04:47 PM
I'm glad to hear the operation part is done , it's always hard on you till it's said everything went well .

GhostHawk
04-08-2020, 05:06 PM
SHE IS HOME!!!

Couple hours later than expected due to surgeons busy schedule.
But she is home, walking better, pain is much better.

Surgeon had Cindy move several ways and said it looked like she should be good. But he did remove one piece of bone that was detached and causing all the problems. We'll have a better idea in a day or 2 as she heals and drugs wear off.

Surgeon recommended continuing to use the back brace for another 6 weeks to give things a chance to heal.

The part that took the longest of this whole thing was getting the surgeon free to check the drain he put in, and then take the drain out.
That took 3 hours. But Cindy had a comfortable bed and lousy TV to watch with no sound.

Me I was able to eat lunch and get a second nap in. When you don't get to sleep to near midnight, and your up at 3am, makes for a long night and wearying day.

But all is done and well with the world.

Thank you all.

sparky45
04-08-2020, 05:34 PM
Good news indeed GH; make her follow the Surgeons orders and things should be back to normal (new normal) soon.

Pine Baron
04-08-2020, 05:52 PM
Believe it or not Ghost, now comes the hard part. Please tell Cindy to NOT PUSH IT. She is going to feel better and better, but she can totally undo all the good if she pushes it too hard. Listen to the doctors and be patient. Praying for healing and patience. God's will be done.

skeettx
04-08-2020, 06:37 PM
Yeeee Hawww
God is Good
Thank you Father

Mike

Boaz
04-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Good report ! Thank you ! Prayers continue .

Knightflyer
04-08-2020, 07:25 PM
Baruch HaShem! As said elsewhere, make sure she lets herself heal. Use duct tape if you need to. ��

Wayne Smith
04-08-2020, 07:43 PM
No duct tape just prayers to have God settle her down - and let her know you are praying that so she will accept that when it happens. When we trust God for the big things He wants us to trust us for the little things also. Start practicing awareness of God in your life all the time. As you do this and Cindy sees it she will be effected as well - and you two can grow in God together as you remind each other to rely on God in all things all the time.

dverna
04-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Great news!

JohnChrysostom
04-08-2020, 10:01 PM
I had a Feeling It was going to go well! lots of people are getting those procedures now & are super happy about it :) (which was not the case when i was a kid)

Lloyd Smale
04-09-2020, 06:41 AM
prayers said for her!

GhostHawk
04-09-2020, 07:46 AM
GOOD MORNING!

Cindy has zero pain when standing which is new. Only sitting or laying when she is putting pressure on where they did the surgery.

Her walking is hugely improved. Balance is coming back. She is still using the walker for this week just to be safe. I think next week she'll be down to a cane or stick. Biggest problem is she has not used a cane enough to run it well and feel comfortable with it.

Still, THANK YOU Lord. You have returned my love to me in better condition than she left. She has a chance now with proper nutrition and posture to improve her overall condition. She is already to the point that when I say "Posture" she wants to hit me. But for the 24 years I have known her she has only rarely sat ]with decent posture. She has always prefered to recline, and slouch, on the couch, in bed, same thing, same position. And it is what is causing the bad spot at her Lumbar 1 & 2 vertebra.

We'll see what happens long term. For now I can see within a week she will be back doing all her normal stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alX2PLA7yDM

WRideout
04-09-2020, 08:13 AM
What a wonderful blessing! and just at this Easter time of renewal.

Wayne

daloper
04-09-2020, 08:33 AM
Father God. We thank you for this report of Cindy doing so much better. We thank you for all you have done in her life. We pray that you will continue to cover her with your grace and give her the continued healing that she needs. You have blessed this family with your grace. We give you all the praise for the work you have preformed. We all pray this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

USMC87
04-09-2020, 08:58 AM
Thank God for the relief He has provided.

Blackwater
04-09-2020, 04:50 PM
God is SO good to us!!! And thank you for this inspiring and uplifting story in your life. And thank you, Lord, for your wondrous care of Cindy and her malady. You are the great God of Heaven and earth, and our Savior, our Redeemer, and our best friend. Thank you, and amen.

Teddy (punchie)
04-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Sound like things are going very well. Glad to hear it. God Bless !!

Boaz
04-10-2020, 09:16 AM
I'm glad to hear the good report . Still praying for fast recovery .

GhostHawk
04-10-2020, 08:26 PM
Cindy thanks you from the bottom of her heart.

She is struggling a bit today, walking is a bit harder. Sleeping a lot. I keep telling her take your time, there is no rush, let your body heal.
St Peggy and I have got it all handled. Nothing for you to worry about.

But my Cindy is an independant girl and hates to have to ask anyone for anything. Even her husband who loves her dearly.

The "fireballs and Rockets" are gone, and seem to be gone for good.

But she still has a compression point at her L1-L2 that wants to pinch the spinal cord a bit. That will take time to correct.
And of course I have tried to talk to her about posture enough times that when she hears the word she wants to rip my ears off.

She has always been a sloucher, 40 years of that will cause problems. Still she is in good spirits. She really has no idea at all of how to handle the fact that people she does not even know care enough to pray for her. And some days I think she felt those prayers, and knew where they were coming from.

As for me, I am over the hump. What will be will be. It is in his hands, although I will do my best to keep her from falling or getting hurt.
Long term what will be will be.

Thank you brothers!

skeettx
04-10-2020, 08:54 PM
Yeeee Hawww
Please tell her we continue to pray and the she should
REST AND HEAL
:)
Mike

Pine Baron
04-11-2020, 07:23 AM
As mentioned before. Now comes the hard part. The next time she wants to "tear your ears off" just shrug your shoulders and tell her it's not you sayin' it, it's that son of a B, Pine Baron. It might work once or twice, worth a shot brother. We're all pulling for her, but she sure has to do her part.
Prayers continue for healing and patience. God's will be done.

Wayne Smith
04-11-2020, 09:00 AM
Nope, it's not Pine Baron she's yelling at, or you, it's God. He is the one who is sustaining her and healing her. Gently remind her of this.

franklin_m
04-11-2020, 09:01 AM
Your wife Cindy is in my prayers for continued recovery ... and for you and your continued care for her.

Dancing Bear
04-11-2020, 09:03 AM
Prayers for both of you!

GhostHawk
04-11-2020, 08:59 PM
Well she was hurting enough today that she is starting to listen.

Also did not hurt when I pointed out her surgeon's post op instructions to sit only in a straight backed chair.

"Why do you think he put that in there"

Silence

"Could it be we are both thinking the same thing"

Which leads inevitably to maybe we know something you don't.

One of today's "wails of dispair" was "I lost a day and a half"

What were you planning on doing with them dear? Peggy and I have the house handled just fine.

You just need to eat, sleep and heal.

I don't care if you do this for a month IF it gets me you back able to walk on your own again.
If we have to we can manage like this for years. Not ideal perhaps, but better than you living in a nursing home sucking up all our fun money.

That one hit home I think.

She's coming around, she is just been rubbing stubborn off me for 24 years and collecting it.

skeettx
04-11-2020, 10:53 PM
He he
Happy Easter
Tell her she is in our prayers and we
are praying for healing and joy
Mike

GhostHawk
04-12-2020, 09:11 AM
Well she was up this morning before I was. Crawled into the living room, got to her walker and a door frame and was able to get up.
Fed the cat, made herself a fruit smoothie for breakfast. Was obviously dealing with some pain but she was working through it.

This is a huge hopeful sign for me guys.

And IMO yet another sign that the prayers are working.

The only question in my mind at this point is how bad is it going to be a month from now?
She has been doing a lot of research on people who had the same surgery as her. And how much pain they have to deal with on a daily level.
I think she is coming to grips with the fact that she can not let the pain run her life. She has to learn how to set it aside and still do what needs doing.

For now until she is steadier on her feet I am not allowing her to use stairs, load the kitchen dishwasher. If she presorts clothing into groups I can do the laundry, not that bad a job.

Today was in many respects the best day she's had all week. And there was a fair amount of cussin and swearing going on if she was sitting and wanted to stand. But she was doing it.Mostly doing it on her own.

Thank you Lord, and thank you brothers!

Pine Baron
04-12-2020, 11:52 AM
Happy Easter to you and Cindy. He is risen.

GhostHawk
04-12-2020, 09:26 PM
Happy Easter back to you Pine Baron. He is risen indeed!

What do you say to a man who is an absolute rock. Just as solid and steady and sure in his faith as a 50 ton granite boulder.
How do you tell him what a help he has been, just knowing he was there if I needed him?
How do you measure what you feel in your heart every time you see he is there posting, praying, encouraging.

All I can say is God Bless you and many others here Pine Baron. You will get your just deserts someday at the hands of the Lord.
You'll have earned that golden crown many times over.

Pine Baron
04-13-2020, 07:49 AM
Thank you for the kind words Ghost. I'm humbled and a little embarrassed. I am NOT a rock, I'm a lump of clay, just doing the best I can to follow the path laid before me. I, like all of us, have been in the valley, in the darkness. I've stayed too long at times, but our Lord and Savior has countless times lifted me and gently (sometimes not so gently) and placed me back on the path. I've seen too many wondrous and miraculous things to not believe that there is a purpose and meaning to all this, I just don't know what it is...yet. All glory goes to God.
It's funny though, everything always seems to circle back to:
Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, our trespasses, our transgressions, our sins, as we forgive those who debt against us. Lead us not fall into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever and ever. Amen.

GhostHawk
04-13-2020, 10:14 AM
Amen and AMEN!

GhostHawk
04-13-2020, 05:03 PM
BETTER day today, less pain, less screaming and yelling. Momma's still thinking she can do stuff.

Told her flat out, you don't do nothing but feed the cat, eat, sleep, and heal until you can stand and walk on your own. No yelling from pain, no wobbles.

Peggy and I have the house under control. Your job is to get better.

All hail the power of Jesus name she is getting better!
Praise him with great praise.
Thank you LORD!

USMC87
04-14-2020, 08:55 AM
We continue prayers for you all.

adcoch1
04-14-2020, 12:10 PM
Still praying for you and Cindy, glad to hear there is some improving.

skeettx
04-14-2020, 01:45 PM
Praying continues :)

Blackwater
04-14-2020, 05:39 PM
The power and grace and good will of the Lord toward his followers is extremely humbling. What would we ever do without Him???

GhostHawk
04-14-2020, 11:44 PM
Today was tougher, she almost fell trying to sneak out past me at 5:45 because she did not want to wake me up.

Started a battle royal with tears and angry words on both sides.

Seems to go back and forth, good day which she overdoes a bit, followed by a bad one.

The good news is I now have her promise that she won't go anywhere without waking me or calling me.
With her left arm hooked in my right and with a big stick in her right that I cord wrapped for grip and got a rubber tip on for traction she gets around pretty good. But I was able to show her that when she tries to do it herself without me she ends up paying for it the next day.

I think deep down inside she was terrified that I would leave her/ignore her.

I know the prayers are working, and I do think that she is healing slowly.

She has never had a lot of tolerance for pain, never learned how to deal with it. Always ran to doc or hospital and get some of those good drugs.

Well she is down to 8 of the good ones and her surgeon flat out told her there will be no refills.
So she feels she is up against the wall.

The good news is this afternoon as long as she sat still she was pain free with just asprin and her normal codine 3's.
6 more days before the staples come out.
We go see her regular doc tomorrow. We'll see how that plays out.

A thousand thousand thanks to all of you.
I can only hope the Lord is as good to you as he has been to us.

Praise the Lord for he is good.

Pine Baron
04-15-2020, 06:17 AM
Still praying hard.

Teddy (punchie)
04-15-2020, 06:57 AM
Hard fact is she is going to feel as good as her mood is for dealing with it.

Her body will heal and also get use to the pain.

She needs to rest when she can and pray even asked God and Jesus in a loud cry for help. There is a different crying aloud or crying out. Can a parent always hear a child if it cries, if its one of there, yes!!. Just like a cow calling for her calf. Crying will also help her, vent if you will.

Ice brings down swelling. Heat makes the blood flow. So heat and cold. Cold and heat. Generally use ice for 8 minutes or so then nice warm heat. Some days I would cook my bones, have to watch getting burned. When it was bad I could just set the ice one my skin I was so used to the pain. Please use a towel.

Please PM me about the natural mood pills, down south (way south) they are used after someone looses a love one. Forget name. helps the mood.

Also read up on self healing, stress with pain etc.

I thank God that I'm doing okay. It was rough 3 years ago. I'm laying here thinking when was the last time I used ice?? been mouths. I sleep on rolled up towels, keep my back warm, stretch many different ways, hang from the conduct supports at work and even lay upside down on banks (hills) ramps when I can.

Disc damage its just how life goes. I've learn to listen to the bones and muscles.

Praise God and thanks to Jesus.

Theo

GhostHawk
04-17-2020, 09:37 PM
2 good days in a row, PRAISE the Lord, praise him with great praise!

Today I did not have to help her get up once, this is a big first.

She tootled around with her walker, we watched some tv, talked, looked at some things on Amazon to spend stimulus money on.
She is getting used to the pain, and she has figured out that the right combination of asprin, Codine 3's, can give her several hours of no pain "if" she gets into a comfortable position, and sits there.

Getting up causes pain in her back and shooting pains in her legs but I believe that she is healing, and learning how to deal with it.

Many many thanks for all the prayers and support. Neither of us "earned it" and it is a bit humbling.
The more she is able to be up and about the better her mood and attitude is.

Last 2 days have been peaceful and quiet. Lots of please could you's and thank you's.

St Peggy came over this morning. I sat her down, and put 240$ in her hand. She did not want to take it.
I explained it was not mine, it was the Lord's. It was my tithe for the stimulus money we got. Both Cindy and I agreed on this.

Eventually I put it straight to her. Peggy, the LORD is asking me to do this for you.
Are you going to deny him? We both know you need the help.

Then she wanted to thank me, Thank HIM I said, it was his idea.
Then she wanted to work for 2 hours for nothing. No dice I said, the workman is worthy of his hire. What kind of a cheap miserable SOB do you think I am that I would expect you to work for me for free.

So she has 290$ to pay bills and stock shelves with. Should keep her going till her stimulus check arrives.

Thank you Lord. My cup runneth over.
I think you good people can quit worrying, we are safely wrapped in the Lords Hands, and doing his will.

dverna
04-17-2020, 09:54 PM
I love your attitude Bill

Still praying for all three of you!

Pine Baron
04-18-2020, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the good news brother. Prayers continue and ongoing.

Boaz
04-18-2020, 06:56 AM
Still in prayer for her recovery . Just getting through a 'procedure' is not the end of need for prayer . Recovery for best result is returning to life in normal . It sounds like she's making good progress .

GhostHawk
04-18-2020, 10:00 AM
In all Honesty, I am well. I am relaxed, and I am sitting back enjoying the ride while someone else drives. (Thank you Lord)

Cindy, well she's probably going to be healing for a bit yet. But we have gone from 3-4 two hour naps a day down to one 1 hr nap after lunch.
Big good sign IMO.

St Peggy, well you can pray for her all you want. She's going to need help. But she is already one of the Lords favorites. She is being looked after by him and us.

Pine Baron
04-18-2020, 11:00 AM
Praying for Peggy. She sounds like an angel. You are truly blessed.

GhostHawk
04-18-2020, 09:43 PM
Pine Baron sir, truly I am. But I have done a few things over the years to be a good neighbor also.

I told her today about you guys, and me calling her "St Peggy" and such.

"Not my Address!" No, nor your last name. But some of those guys will be praying for you.

She blushed. She admitted she could probably use it.

I was sitting in her back yard one day, Peggy was not home, dogs were out doing their dog thing.
She drives in, and starts telling me this story about a guy walking around looking for a lost dog.

So she spent an hour driving up and down streets looking.

That is St Peggy, all the way down.

Had a rough childhood, drunk dad that beat on her and her mom. Left at 17 and never looked back. Her sisters are all still in therapy.

Not Peggy, Peggy is just a solid, well adjusted, caring compassionate loving woman. The kind there are not enough of.

Yes I am blessed.

tankgunner59
04-18-2020, 09:46 PM
Praying for your love to come to a full recovery, God willing. I know how it feels when my wife had some problems and I couldn't fix it. I feel for you and pray for your wife, you and your family.

Blackwater
04-21-2020, 02:46 PM
Ghost, thank YOU for relating this story to us. We all need some inspiration now and then, and this story does that in spades. Thanks.

GhostHawk
04-22-2020, 08:32 AM
Your very welcome sir.

Minor update, after 3 good days Cindy finally pushed a bit too far. So she is in pain, will be taking a down day today. But as she is retired, the house is in good shape, dishes are washed, nothing to worry about except a few loads of laundry she can afford to take a down day.

St Peggy was over yesterday, washed my dishes, washed some windows, cleaned the stove. She also told me that she used 200$ of the money I gave her to help pay down a bill for new brakes on her van. What she has left she can pay off over the next 3 months and be back above water.

Cindy is learning to make some major adjustments in her life. Not smooth or easy, but it is happening. Prayer WORKS!

So life is slowly returning back to normal. Cindy has been enjoying doing her diamond dotz paintings while propped up on pillows in bed.
Easy way for her to lose a few hours.

Me I am calm, relaxed. I am going to get my Cindy back, just going to take a little time. In the meantime I get to do lots of little things that say "I love you" to her. Little things like fresh ice for her drink, a new cold can of coke, or an arm to support her to the bathroom and back. I am a very lucky man.

daloper
04-22-2020, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the update. You and Cindy are both in my prayers.

GhostHawk
04-25-2020, 09:43 PM
Today Cindy went for a walk to St Peggy's. She went down the allley with her new rolling walking. Dog and I went the long way around with the scooter to give dog a workout. We arrived at Peggy's gate at about the same time. I gave her a hand getting up the stairs to Peggy's deck. Had a good half hour visit. Then Cindy walked home. Pain is way down and her right leg that was cramping a lot in the upper thigh is finally backing off.

All is well, all hail the power of Jesus name and the power of prayer!

Boaz
04-25-2020, 10:10 PM
I'm glad to hear she's getting better !

Pine Baron
04-26-2020, 07:29 AM
Good news, thanks for the update. I was wondering how Casey was doing.
Praying for continued progress. Stay safe, stay blessed.

Wayne Smith
04-26-2020, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the update and I'm glad she was able to get out of the house. That's something of a milestone. Still praying for you and Cindy.

GhostHawk
05-05-2020, 04:47 PM
Update time. :)

Cindy continues to improve!

St Peggy has not been here for a week as we have not needed her. And her normal work is perking back up so she is busy.
But it is like having a safety net. Nice to know it is there.

Cindy and I both worked on laundry this morning. One load left to go into the dryer. And yes Cindy was up and down the stairs twice with no problems.
She does rely on her roller for gettting around. But she really needs it less and less. Her walking is improving.

She does have some minor numbness in feet and sensitive area's. Her right thigh muscles seem to like to knot up.
Spark igniter from a gas grill, Theralgesic, and hot showers all help some. Once they start loosening up gentle massage helps to further unknot them.

But to be honest, she is already improved past the point I was hoping for. How much further she can progress is in his hands.

I do all the driving for now, which is fine. We have opened up here in ND, so we have been doing little shopping jaunts for the last week. Butcher for prime Ribeye steaks, Grocery store (200$ bill) just restocking. Hardware store today for a few things so we could plant a small container/hydroponic garden. I needed Jiffy peat pots, potting soil and a new Miracle Grow. My old one was almost empty and at least 10 years old.

So we have Leaf Lettuce, Swiss Chard, spinache, dill, basil chives, and carrots started sitting in a window.
Some of those will get transplanted into half barrels and large containers. Some will go into a pop bottle sitting in a canning jar so the roots can go down and get the water and nutrients they need. Saw it on youtube, we'll test it, see how well it works.

On the whole we are taking each day as it comes. Giving thanks to the Lord for our many many blessings. Including all of you who prayed for us.
We are rich beyond compare in what is important and needful. We have an abundance of all we need. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Thank you all for reading and following this story.

Blackwater you blew me out of the water sir. Never looked at it like that.

May the Lord bless each and every one of you as he has blessed us.

Love you brothers!

daloper
05-05-2020, 05:11 PM
Praise be to Our God for his blessings. Glad to hear Cindy is doing good.

Pine Baron
05-05-2020, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the update Ghost. Good news is good to hear. Praying for continued improvement.

Boaz
05-05-2020, 06:14 PM
I'm really glad to hear she (ya'll) is doing so good and getting back to normal life ! Thank you for the latest report .

skeettx
05-05-2020, 10:20 PM
Yeeee Hawww, God is Good !
His love endures forever !

Mike

USMC87
05-07-2020, 08:20 AM
Good news and amen!