PDA

View Full Version : How are you passing your time during social distancing

RogerDat
03-23-2020, 12:37 PM
Just wondering what others are doing to pass their time while staying home.

Internet streaming TV on Hulu and the kids got us a year of Netflix for Christmas.

I have a bunch of casting and reloading tasks to get around to. Brass to prep, a new brass HP mold that I have just started to use (3 pins of 4 still to cast with)

Have boxes of old photo prints and am thinking of scanning them all for back up and sharing among family.

Also have software (Spin-It Again) that makes it pretty easy to feed my old albums or cassettes into computer. Does a nice job of cleaning up crackle or hiss without making the music muddy. Did all my parents old Christmas albums, then burned each to a CD for my siblings. Now I may do the rest while listening to the music I enjoy anyway.

Trying real hard to not annoy wife enough that she decide appropriate way to social distance is for me to run an extension cord to the garden shed and make myself comfortable. I try to do some self quarantine in the garage every day to give her a break.

So what is everyone else doing?

Dapaki
03-23-2020, 12:51 PM
Making replacement parts, reloading, making delrin hammers, shooting, having long conversations with family.

JSnover
03-23-2020, 12:52 PM
Well... I got quarantined Thursday morning for two weeks because I worked at a military base where someone tested positive. I have no symptoms and don't expect to get any.
The timing actually worked out pretty well because I was planning to move next weekend so I have plenty of time to pack everything up. I gotta admit, this will probably be the least stressful move of my life :)
On the other hand it is virtually impossible to file an unemployment claim right now.

bullet maker 57
03-23-2020, 12:54 PM
I'm prepping brass to make jackets out of. I have two boxes of old military patches to sort and identify. Honey do list of course. Various other small projects to do. Stay safe and well.

Prcshooter
03-23-2020, 12:56 PM
Lots of internet surfing

1989toddm
03-23-2020, 12:56 PM
Plumber here, so job is essential to the infrastructure, which is on the exempt list. I’m thankful, and yet a couple days off does sound nice.

pworley1
03-23-2020, 01:13 PM
About the only real change for us is that we have to go to church online. We still have all our regular services they are just over face book live now.

popper
03-23-2020, 01:17 PM
Practice bass & guitar, PC if humidity goes down, maybe cast some more. And of course, on here.

rockydoc
03-23-2020, 01:24 PM
I am 82 so I am staying at home. I was going to do some CB reloading but ran out of small pistol primers and L'l Gun powder. I can't find either anywhere online. My LGS doesn't have them either, not that I would go to town to get them.

So if any of you know of an online source of sp primers and L'l Gun, let me know(reply).

MrWolf
03-23-2020, 09:39 PM
Well... I got quarantined Thursday morning for two weeks because I worked at a military base where someone tested positive. I have no symptoms and don't expect to get any.
The timing actually worked out pretty well because I was planning to move next weekend so I have plenty of time to pack everything up. I gotta admit, this will probably be the least stressful move of my life :)
On the other hand it is virtually impossible to file an unemployment claim right now.

I was looking into filing unemployment for my girlfriend in PA. According to labor website you just need to file online and believe they have waived the initial week waiting period. Good luck

Bohica793
03-23-2020, 09:49 PM
Smelt, cast, load, shoot, rinse, repeat...........

StuBach
03-24-2020, 01:02 AM
+1 for the essential employees list. I’m still out on the road doing my job as always with a few caveats of primary focus being helping others avoid Covid-19.

Kinda jealous of you guys who get some time to clear the to do list/streaming queue. Enjoy it for the rest of us.

For those who are getting to be at home I say, you suck! (Yes Roger I’m looking at you [emoji12])

But please everyone be safe out there and take appropriate precautions when necessary.

Dieselhorses
03-24-2020, 01:23 AM
Prepping and exorbitant quantity of 223/556 brass. For entertainment, I watch FOX news and see how the left is...never mind. But yes, this is a good time for everyone to do those things on the list that's been put off. I'm in a state that has the mandatory "lock-down" until April 13th. I'm an instructor for a college (non-essential) and can't necessarily do "distance learning" because "inmates" are my students! But I do salute those who are essential, and don't have a choice of staying home, thank you! Also I salute everyone who is taking precautions to not spread/contract this virus. Stay safe everyone!

2A-Jay
03-24-2020, 02:44 AM
We go into Lock-Down Wednesday here in WA, County Health Department for Pacific County closed the Beach Access, Hotels and all Dine in Dining, pubs and bars yesterday. Go Figure the 2 Pot Shops in town are open for Curbside Service. Only the grocery stores and Gas Stations remain business as usual. So it is what ever entertainment we can get from Cable TV and Roku, whatever I can do at my reloading bench and Casting more .490 Round balls I can do.

lightman
03-24-2020, 07:21 AM
So far I've found enough to do to keep me from being bored.

I just finished emptying out the gun safe and reorganizing everything in it. I sold a few guns on Gunbroker that I either bought as investments or that I don't shoot anymore.

I just finished counting and rolling last years accumulation of coins and taking them to the bank. $258 worth! This is from emptying out my pockets every night.

I've been spending a little time every few days straightening up in the shop. Its a work in progress. Putting things where they go, throwing some stuff away and starting a pile to go to the auction house.

About a month ago we smelted last years collection of lead. I still have to stack the ingots in a milk crate.

I've been organizing my brass stash. Sorting, sizing and tumbling everything. I about have the 45's and 44's ready to load. I have enough bullets cast for them but they are still waiting to be sized. My goal is to have it all sorted, deprimed and tumbled and to have the straight walled cases sized before this virus thing is over. I'm also fixing to start loading for a 41 Magnum and have a new mold for it.

About once a week the Wife and I will get out and go for a ride. We're getting more and more Eagles around here and its fun finding new nest about everytime we get out and about. I help a buddy take care of 2 different Duck Clubs and I ride can around on them. One is about 220 acres and the other is about 330 acres. Lots of wildlife and there are still ducks here.

We've been trying the fish out but they don't seem to be biting yet.

As the weather gets warmer I'll do more and more stuff outside. My truck needs washing badly and the Wife's Expedition needs vacuumed out.

Last weekend we burned the last of the wood that I had stored in the garage so I'll sweep it out and do a little straightening up out there.

And when my MS has me dragging I hang out here on Cast Boolits and talk about what I need to be doing! :-D

Shawlerbrook
03-24-2020, 07:42 AM
Working in the woods as weather permits, but it still is March here in Central NYS. Otherwise, reloading, reading and watching the boob tube.

dale2242
03-24-2020, 09:09 AM
I love the fact that we live in the country.
We own 10 acres so we can be outside and still be socially spaced.
I feel sorry for you city folks.
I am 78 and not interested in socializing right now.
I am missing our old farts gathering for coffee each day and going out to eat, but we cant be too careful.
I need to start planting my garden, when weather allows.
I have beenover to the east side shooting sage rats so I have plenty of loading to do.
I load 45ACP for the family so with 6 of them being used I need to load more of them.
My wife and I like to go for rides.
They have stocked the local lake with 10K legal size trout so far so that has been another option.

Froogal
03-24-2020, 09:21 AM
I bought a set of 5 steel targets. I'm spending some time scrounging through my undesignated inventory pile, finding stuff that will work, and then welding together a stand for each of those targets. I am retired, and have always been somewhat of a hermit, so staying home really isn't an issue.

Tazlaw
03-24-2020, 09:41 AM
I ordered a salt bath annealer kit, a Frankford Arsenal rotary wet tumbler, some PID components, brass case prep stuff and few other things I’ve been wanting. Plan on spending quite a bit of time converting 223/556 brass to 300blkout. May go to the range and mine the berms for lead. They closed the range completely for now.

country gent
03-24-2020, 09:48 AM
Id be doing a lot better if I had gotten the new shop finished before this hit. I may go out today and start on a grinder stand for in the shop. its a simple enough build and weather is warming up enough to be out there with out heat. Insulation is supposed to be here the 26th. I can start sanding on the lockers getting them ready to paint. I have enough to just not a lot to do it with. Right now my concern is how this is going to slow the electrician and heating cooling down.

sharps4590
03-24-2020, 10:10 AM
Well...we aren't on "lockdown" but the wife and I are waiting out another week after her Dad's funeral which was a week ago today. There was no cases where the funeral was and, at that time already, many elected not to come. Neither of us expect to have it. We're both immune compromised and in our late 60's so we planned on staying close to the fire anyway.

I believe I have loaded every load I want to try for a dozen rifles and 2-3 revolvers. I have cast bullets until I'm blue in the face. I had my shop spotless, messed it up, cleaned it again....a half dozen times. Did all the lathe and mill projects I wanted to get done..need to think of some others. Honestly, IF the weather would straighten out we'd be about normal for this time of year as it's early garden, reseed and fertilize the yard, clean up stuff from winter...regular spring stuff. BUT IT WILL NOT STOP RAINING!!!! For more than 24 hours anyway. The wife and I had a little celebration yesterday evening. The sun actually shined about the last two hours of the day. I don't think we've seen it since November...

dverna
03-24-2020, 10:40 AM
Broke my ankle 8 weeks ago but did not realize it was broken...so walked on it for the first 4 weeks...not a good thing. Then crutches...now in a boot. So I have been cooped up for a long time but not able to do much. Had the new reloading set up ready for benches and presses but that got put on hold with the ankle. Looking at setting up a temporary stand to process a few thousand 5.56 military cases. Should be able to start load testing for a new .38+P load and a SHTF .223 load soon. Only have 5k .38 cases and 3k 5.56 cases to load so that will not take long. Planned on using the 1050's so would be done in a couple of days, but now will do the 5.56 on the 550. I do not want to invest in a 5.56 conversion for the 1050 after what has happened to my IRA. Setting up a little Mini-Mauser Howa for my fiancé.

Trying to ignore the posts here that get me into trouble. My "cabin fever" got me close to a suspension/ban so I spend most of my time on a Tractor forum now. A lot of "rural" types that I identify more closely with on that site and it has a shooting sub-forum as well.

Praying for Trump and our nation. I liked hearing "the cure is worse than the disease" yesterday. This virus is serious but having it kill 250k people is not worth what we are doing and destroying the economy and the country. 2,800,000 die every year...another 250k seems relatively insignificant. BTW, I am in the higher risk group and feel it is up to me to do what I feel is necessary and prudent.

georgerkahn
03-24-2020, 10:48 AM
My wife :) found a pack of toilet tissue :) :) :) at Wal*Mart, but both that store as well as two local supermarkets had not a single loaf of bread available. Only "bread" product was a couple of packs of whole-grain English muffins (she did grab one) -- but, I reckoned I was overdue in baking a loaf or two of bread here. Sooo, I made a loaf of "Vermont cheese white bread" -- which came out remarkably yummy!
No noodles available at stores, either, and our supply of my home-made noodles is quite low -- so, this afternoon -- noodle making is on my plate...259052

1989toddm
03-24-2020, 11:10 AM
The freeway is mostly empty this morning. The rural roads around home are alive with orchard workers(can’t imagine any of that is impacted), still getting cold every few nights, endangering the apricots and cherries.

curdog
03-24-2020, 11:38 AM
I bought a bunch of pork roasts that were on sale a few months back and I have been pressure canning them. They are good with noodles or rice with Tonys seasoning and they make darn good bbq sandwiches. Its a great food supply if the power goes out. Now I am going to can the few bags of venison I have froze. I pray everyone stays healthy and safe...……………………………..curdog

missionary5155
03-24-2020, 12:16 PM
Went through and lubed all the locks, hinges and steel bars that we have to secure our home at night or more so when we are away.
We have good neighbors which is a blessing. But with 50% unemployment the thieves will get active once the 8pm - 5am curfew gets lifted and the army goes back to their barracks.

RogerDat
03-24-2020, 12:37 PM
+1 for the essential employees list. I’m still out on the road doing my job as always with a few caveats of primary focus being helping others avoid Covid-19.

Kinda jealous of you guys who get some time to clear the to do list/streaming queue. Enjoy it for the rest of us.

For those who are getting to be at home I say, you suck! (Yes Roger I’m looking at you [emoji12])

But please everyone be safe out there and take appropriate precautions when necessary. Be nice or I will send you a picture of myself in "business casual" when working from home, you best hope I tie the robe shut or... well a wire brush and some bleach won't be able to scrub that image from your brain. Assuming you can find bleach. :mrgreen:

Funny thing is I keep bleach in basement. I use a splash now and again to keep sump crock from stinking and have it as a bulk water purification tool in the event of an extended loss of power. So have a nice big jug if we end up instituting a diaper pail due to lack of toilet paper.

Seriously as you find you have to go to a store for medicines or groceries, fuel etc. it is worth thanking the people who are manning these essential businesses making them available. Those people are taking a risk that allows you to head home and hunker down in reasonable comfort and safety.

poppy42
03-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Me? I sit around and count all my rolls of tp, and bottles of hand sanitizer:kidding:

RogerDat
03-24-2020, 12:51 PM
Me? I sit around and count all my rolls of tp, and bottles of hand sanitizer:kidding:You do know that some of that hand sanitizer is bootleg. Nothing more than lube from lover's lane and some green food coloring in an empty sanitizer bottle.

JSnover
03-24-2020, 02:17 PM
I was looking into filing unemployment for my girlfriend in PA. According to labor website you just need to file online and believe they have waived the initial week waiting period. Good luck

Thanks. My problem is my employer is based in Jersey so I have to go through the NJ website. It appears to be overloaded.

Bad Ass Wallace
03-24-2020, 05:40 PM
Well, I love woodworking and have a stack if lumber cut and dried and if I get bored, I can just go behind the shed and shoot some rifles!

https://i.imgur.com/2OQanafl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/siv7qrYl.jpg

BrassMagnet
03-24-2020, 07:06 PM
Me? I sit around and count all my rolls of tp, and bottles of hand sanitizer:kidding:

Can you count to the larger numbers (like 9) without losing count?
Does "Honey, where is the TP?" cause you to lose count?:kidding:

poppy42
03-24-2020, 07:07 PM
Can you count to the larger numbers (like 9) without losing count?
Does "Honey, where is the TP?" cause you to lose count?:kidding:
Yeah but I don’t have anything better to do so I just start over again

poppy42
03-24-2020, 07:10 PM
Well if this an End of the world extinction level event at least I know my hands and my butt will be clean! You know kind of like when you were a kid and your mother told you to make sure you had clean underwear on in case you got run over by a truck!

Walks
03-24-2020, 07:12 PM
Doing loading stuff. Yesterday I sized 1,300 bullets while watching you-tube video's.
Stupid is as Stupid does.

Today I have to rest my back.

Not allowed to leave the house. I'm one of those "Extreme at Risk" Peoples.
Wife and Doctor/Best Friend are conspiring against me. I'm gonna go bat guano Crazy.

elmacgyver0
03-24-2020, 07:18 PM
You do know that some of that hand sanitizer is bootleg. Nothing more than lube from lover's lane and some green food coloring in an empty sanitizer bottle.

So that's what you've been up to!:grin:

MrWolf
03-24-2020, 08:00 PM
Thanks. My problem is my employer is based in Jersey so I have to go through the NJ website. It appears to be overloaded.

Ouch. Good luck then. I moved from there three years ago and ain't going back.

labradigger1
03-24-2020, 08:37 PM
Wv was shut down tonight at 8pm. We have around 22 confirmed covid cases thus far. My job is deemed essential so no rest for the weary.

pertnear
03-24-2020, 08:42 PM
Personally, I'm protesting the Coronavirus by NOT shaving while I'm in "Time-Out" staying at home.

Hamish
03-24-2020, 08:45 PM
Put up almost 75 pounds of 20ga 7/8oz 7 1/2's the last few days. Experimenting with 1/2 oz loads for the grandkids to start on.

Wild Bill 7
03-24-2020, 09:19 PM
I'm in my early seventies and still work(my choice)in a grocery store. Worked a lot of hours last week with the wuhaun scare. Hamburger is being rationed at 2 pounds per person as well as other meat. The supply is starting to come back and seems people are not as nutty as before. Today we had senior citizens hour from 7am to 8am. 157 seniors waiting at the door at 7 am. We have a lot of people wearing masks and gloves. Most people are sick and tired of the bs and want to get on with life. This flu epidemic isn't any different than any other and the reason there is this scare is to make the President look bad. Watch the demoncraps will probably try to impeach him again over this. This is my opinion and I hope in November will destroy them in the election. Send piglosi and chucky boy back to their swamp dwelling.

tinsnips
03-24-2020, 09:24 PM
Book work [self employed] and my taxes . Go over to the shop and but supplies away.

fcvan
03-24-2020, 09:32 PM
Personally, I'm protesting the Coronavirus by NOT shaving while I'm in "Time-Out" staying at home.

So that is why I haven't shaved all week, I knew there was a reason. I thought I was being lazy but I am actually conserving my razor out of protest!

OldBearHair
03-24-2020, 10:27 PM
We are in Conroe Texas. 85 years old. Hunkered down. Wife had Xrays and sonogram of abdomen. Problem in transverse colon. Put on clear liquid diet for two weeks. Three days into hunkering. Called HEB Grocery about Curbside and Home Delivery. booked up for two months. Called local smaller, older HEB and asked what was available and the girl gave me a manager to talk to. Was told to give him the list that I had waiting in the online cart and could I drive in. Yes, be there in 15 minutes and was told to drive up to the Pharmacy side and call again. We did. Found they were allowing customers to enter 15 at a time at the other entrance and exit where we were. The man came out pushing a cart. We loaded the stuff in the trunk. There were double of several things, with a few things missing totaling $76.00 I handed him my credit card and he waved it off saying No way man this is my gift to you folks and went to the passenger side, shook my hand and my wife's hand and wished her the best as she faced the diet and the problem she was having in God's name and left. We left with my instructions to the little woman to not touch anything until we got the hands sprayed. We have enough in our little nest egg to last a few more years before we have to start selling assets. I was completely overcome with that generosity and vowed to pay it forward with more than was given. Finally decided to give it to my Church for benevolent purpose. We do help the needy with food at Church. Used a Kleenex to open the door and gave the Church Sec. the money. I carry one of three prepared spray bottles of home made Sanitizer in the car. It is made of two parts 50% Alcohol, one part water, one part Hydrogen Peroxide. White lightning can replace the Alcohol..if you have it. Jim Beam or Tequila,,, yeah you got it. We pulled up just a little way from the store with no one behind, and used the Sanitizer. My concern is for the ones who work hard , barely getting by week to week that are not working now with no way to get food, meds, etc. I think we all need to pay some forward, where needed.
Down here, we are experiencing 70 degree nights and 80s daytime. Transplanted most everything into the garden with cloudy days three days afterward. Plants are really coming on. Been eating the Brassicas since January. Yeah, but it does get hot in July and August.

Snow ninja
03-24-2020, 10:40 PM
I'm working 65-70 hrs a week. Ain't it great being essential...

alamogunr
03-25-2020, 12:01 AM
I'm retired and usually stay home. I go to the grocery because I always have. My wife can't stand to grocery shop.

I've been in the shop trying to straighten up but not making much progress. I did find several thousand .45ACP brass. I seem to remember buying once fired several years ago. I've been processing(size, deprime and expand the mouth) and sorting. Not really sorting. Most of the brass is Federal, about 90%. The rest is everything else and it is all put in the mixed brass pot.

You know I've got too much time on my hands if I'm sorting, sizing/deprime, expand single stage. There is a reason, just not a good one. I've got a Seiko watch that relies on movement to charge the battery. I estimate that I would have to walk 10 miles a day, swinging my arms excessively, to keep it running. Wearing it on my right wrist while I pull the press handle for all that brass keeps it charged. My wife says I have finally lost it!

RogerDat
03-25-2020, 03:06 PM
So that's what you've been up to!:grin:Well as the world changes some business opportunities end, others come into existence. [smilie=1:

swamp
03-25-2020, 10:12 PM
I rendered some pork fat. 50 lbs. of kidney and 25 lbs. of regular. Trying it in biscuits and cornbread. I don't see any difference. Also made a batch of soap with it. Soap still curing. Works well to make tortilla chips. Gave a couple of quarts to a friend. Likes it for pie crusts.

swamp

mtnman31
03-25-2020, 10:19 PM
Doing a lot more with the kids. We went to the range last week and spent the morning ringing the steel. I've done some spring yard work when the weather has cooperated. Done a ton of reloading. Now, I just need to get off my butt and do the taxes.

Dapaki
03-25-2020, 10:20 PM
Just got laid off so it's going to be a few weeks of cutting down trees and gathering firewood, painting the house and remodeling the kitchen.

lightman
03-26-2020, 08:10 AM
Well, I looked back at my original post about my plans to see what if anything I've accomplished. I have actually accomplished a few things.

The gun safe has been gone through and organized.

I have finished organizing my brass stash. Every piece of brass that I own has been deprimed, tumbled and stored away. The straight wall cases have been resized.

I have counted, rolled and cashed in all of the coins from my coin stash last year.

I have been staying busy and getting things done. Yesterday I started prepping 223's for Mays Prairie Dog hunt. If we get to go.

The Wife cleaned up the garage yesterday.

Today or tomorrow I'll haul off all of the junk from the garage and shop.

FISH4BUGS
03-26-2020, 08:28 AM
So what is everyone else doing?
I am a hermit by nature anyway, so this is easy stuff for me.
Since I don't have TV, and haven't for 25 years, I am doing yard work (when it isn't snowing), but mostly in the man cave.
I just prepped 500 brass (size/trim/chamfer/swaged/pp cleaned) 223 military for loading. Total ready to load 223 brass is now about 2000.
BTW, the new Lyman EZ Trim is a wonderful piece of equipment as is the Dillon Swage.
I have 2000 H&G #51 gc sized/lubed/checked ready to load into polished 357 mag brass. Just need to test 50 of the load (12.5 grains of WW296) before I go off the deep end and start the production line.
I can cast/size/lube 38/357, 380, 9mm, 45 acp just for fun and put bullets in inventory. I can prep 223 and 308 brass just for fun and put them into inventory as ready to load brass.
I am so glad I stocked up on components.
Never a lack of anything to do in the man cave.
Then there is reading.......

fivegunner
03-26-2020, 09:25 AM
I am working on making wheel weights in to ingots, I do about 500 LBS a day have a few days to go, Then I have more space in the garage to work on stuff.

curdog
03-26-2020, 11:21 AM
I have been canning venison from the freezer. I have loaded a bunch of 308s and now I am working on 45/70 brass for my sharps,...……………………..curdog

rmark
03-26-2020, 12:36 PM
Checking work emails after the biscuits are done cooking. Probably run into work tomorrow to check on the now empty building (empty of staff, the other stuff I need to keep an eye on).

facetious
03-26-2020, 04:08 PM
Was up the street helping a neighbor. Her husban beat the snot out of her a few years ago and is in jail now but left her with some brain damage. She can still drive and get around and do stuff but some thing are harder now. She had got a new remote for her garage opener but couldn't get it to work so I got that working again. The handle on her storm door broke and she had picked up a new one so I put that on for her.

375supermag
03-26-2020, 04:33 PM
Hi...
Been under self imposed quarantine because a compromised immune system due to chemotherapy treatments.
Rains all the time so I can't do much outside.
Thousands of brass cases processed but my bullet order hasn't arrived yet. My local supplier was shut down by government edict, so I ordered several thousand bullets online. Now that the shut down order for gunshops was lifted, I need to go get my normal order from them next weekend. Hopefully by then my other order will have been delivered. Quite a few hundred dollars tied up in those two orders and I would like to have the bullets.

Been doing a lot of studying of military history...nothing unusual about that.
If it would stop raining I would like to go on a hike.

Bad Ass Wallace
03-26-2020, 06:41 PM
I live on a farm so plenty of shooting, casting, reloading every day.

Oh! did I mention some time doing woodworking.

https://i.imgur.com/aXbr4fcl.jpg

Jedman
03-26-2020, 07:11 PM
Today I got my tax filed, a scope mounted on a rifle and did some acraglas bedding on a homemade forend . Also loaded a few 256 WM and shot them from a handi rifle barrel I built recently. Started raining so had to go indoors and look at guns and important stuff on the computer. Glad to be healthy !

Jedman

DougGuy
03-26-2020, 07:18 PM
Not doing a lot differently, I don't have people coming over during any other time so I didn't have to rearrange anything at home really, and I can still do cylinders and barrels through the mail. Not welding as much, waiting on steel to come for 3 jobs so this week been quite restful.

I stocked up on groceries as best as I could before any restrictions took effect, not hoarding but laid in a decent stash of almond milk and eggs, coffee creamer, canned veggies, etc.. I have two freezers and another one above the fridge which all have food in them basically I just need some fresh veggies now and then.

Praying for our nation and for those who aren't as fortunate.

jonp
03-26-2020, 07:30 PM
I've been social distancing along with the rest of the native New Englanders my whole life so business as usual for me. :wink:

jonp
03-26-2020, 07:32 PM
I live on a farm so plenty of shooting, casting, reloading every day.

Oh! did I mention some time doing woodworking.

https://i.imgur.com/aXbr4fcl.jpg

Wow, nice work

jlm223
03-26-2020, 08:05 PM
I have been social distancing most of my life, the best thing I like about most people is their dogs, been working on some casting, powder coating and reloading.

Big Tom
03-26-2020, 08:11 PM
Fortunately, I can work from home, but have been reloading, putting an AR15 pistol together, got my smoker going and playing with the dogs in the backyard. I'm not missing going into the office yet :-)

OeldeWolf
03-26-2020, 11:29 PM
I am sitting at home, like I am supposed to do, as I have a compromised immune system. I will visit the church storehouse on Saturday, other than that I am pretty well set for a couple months, except for milk. There are lettuces ready to harvest in the garden, so I am good there.

I got all my plastic models packed, almost the stuff in ther garage also packed. Packed half my books, but used 15 small milk crates, and 5 large ones. I need more, and more boxes.

I have prepped my wood chisels, and am working on restoring some wood planes. I am sharpening two blades for block chisels for my son. If I am going to do a lot of this, I am going to want a water cooled flat grinder. My hands cramp up if I do too much work on one. And those darned plane irons all seem to be warped and damaged. So they take forever to get enough of the backs flat enough to work well.

Oh, the Great Neck Professional wood chisels seem to be quite good. They sharpen a LOT slower than the stanley and craftsman and such.

I got a Hudson Forge plane, size of the S4.25, finished. A little narrower than I wanted, but it works quite well, once I got it set up.

I will not be doing any fine woodworking before I move, but when I get wherever, I will be ready to get going soon.

owejia
03-27-2020, 08:46 AM
Finally a couple of nice days, out side work. Will finish replacing the fuel lift pump on my tractor this morning. Tractor has been sitting all winter waiting for a warm day when it is not raining to replace the pump. Have done some turning and milling projects on my lathe and Bridgeport mill. Made a aluminum lid for my Lee 4-20 bottom pour pot a couple of days ago.

.45Cole
03-27-2020, 02:53 PM
Rebuilt the top end of an underperforming car and swapped all the good stuff onto the car from my pars car once the motor work was done.
Brought the dually into the garage for a flip hitch install, gauges install, shocks replacement, intake and turbo inspection
Tear down and rebuilt the deck
Trimmed out the garage windows in hardie (some reason the elements are particularly rough on trim up here)
Trimmed the basement (washboards and doors) and painted the walls, hung doors, put in beetle kill T&G ceiling with recessed lights
Redid fascia on the house (PO had ridiculous slope on gutters and rotted fascia)
Dry wall mechanical room
Got the tractors going and moved some big rocks and RR ties, laid out a split face block retaining wall
Motorcycles maintenance
...Going to run out of things to do soon :sad:

jonp
03-27-2020, 05:26 PM
Just planted more potatoes as the first are up. Lettuce, beets, onions etc are up too

jonp
03-27-2020, 05:27 PM
Rebuilt the top end of an underperforming car and swapped all the good stuff onto the car from my pars car once the motor work was done.
Brought the dually into the garage for a flip hitch install, gauges install, shocks replacement, intake and turbo inspection
Tear down and rebuilt the deck
Trimmed out the garage windows in hardie (some reason the elements are particularly rough on trim up here)
Trimmed the basement (washboards and doors) and painted the walls, hung doors, put in beetle kill T&G ceiling with recessed lights
Redid fascia on the house (PO had ridiculous slope on gutters and rotted fascia)
Dry wall mechanical room
Got the tractors going and moved some big rocks and RR ties, laid out a split face block retaining wall
Motorcycles maintenance
...Going to run out of things to do soon :sad:

Sounds like me on the several weeks I was out of work.

Rapidrob
03-27-2020, 05:39 PM
Reloaded 200 rounds of 7.65 Argy.
200 rounds of 7.62x51.
400 rounds of 55 grain .223.
Repaired the fence the dog yard
Started to re-shingle roofs on shop and garage
Replaced driven#50 chain sprocket on my Trail King scooter
Made a yard waste burn barrel from 55 gallon steel drum
Moved two tons of lead to the far corner of the yard
Re-stacked/moved several hundred board feet of pressure treated lumber
Separated water from 440 gallons of waste oil for shop heat.
Built an automatic case feeder for my automatic case annealer.
Still lots to do for the next few weeks......

varmintpopper
03-27-2020, 10:36 PM
Anticipating all those newborn Babies nine Months from now.

Good Shooting

Lindy

Minerat
03-27-2020, 10:51 PM
Go to work in my isolation High Country, walk into my isolation office, get back in my Isolation High Country and drive home for lunch at my isolation house and repeat for afternoon isolation session. Been doing it for 40 years without the state telling me what to do, not going to start letting them order me around now.

1989toddm
03-27-2020, 11:34 PM
Go to work in my isolation High Country, walk into my isolation office, get back in my Isolation High Country and drive home for lunch at my isolation house and repeat for afternoon isolation session. Been doing it for 40 years without the state telling me what to do, not going to start letting them order me around now.

What is your job, Minerat?

Three44s
03-28-2020, 04:39 AM
Anticipating all those newborn Babies nine Months from now.

Good Shooting

Lindy

So the other half of that equation will be disposable diaper hoarding, also comensing nine months hence forth?

Three44s

Three44s
03-28-2020, 04:40 AM
What am I doing?

Farming and ranching!

The hoarders have to have something to fight over!

Three44s

labradigger1
03-28-2020, 05:04 AM
Still working but have managed to rebuild the Farmall engine, tune up the post pounder, buy 3k feet of goat fence and getting ready to build fence. Total replacement of old fence. Not my favorite thing to do.

Minerat
03-28-2020, 11:43 AM
What is your job, Minerat?

I have a mining consulting business that does all of the permitting, studies, mapping and reports for construction materials mines. In short sand and gravel, clay, and quarry aggregates. Pretty much live like a hermit at the office using the phone and computers (4) to do what I need to do, so this order hasn't changed much for me. I can be defiant because of that! Lol (paper tiger) The few times I need to go into a mine there are not large groups of people around.

My problem with not going in is that we have strict deadlines that are set by statute and I have 2 big gravel mines that are on the clock and wait for no virus.

EMC45
03-28-2020, 08:59 PM
I have been knocking chores out. Worked on a temporary patch on my roof, got out some molds and did some casting, sized a bunch of bullets.

Took a bike ride around my neighborhood with my boys today and have been Netflixing with the wife as well.

rockrat
03-28-2020, 11:45 PM
jonp---so thats where I get my attitude--lived in New Hampshire till I was about 8 years old and dad was transferred(USAF)

lightman
03-29-2020, 10:57 AM
I'm still trying to do something everyday. Both chore wise and in the loading room. About every other night the Wife and have started watching a movie. Last night we watched the newer version or Midway. A few nights ago I watched Shooter. We have rewatched Topgun, Tombstone, Tremmers and a couple of more.

In a couple more weeks I'll start working on a Dove field. Actually 2 fields, about 24 acres total.

Slugster
03-29-2020, 11:55 AM
I have been social distancing from the wife by staying in my workshop doing a bunch of 10 minute jobs that I have allowed to pile up. Every time I get near the wife, she gets delirious and starts babbling about painting the inside of the house. I'm allergic to paint brushes and rollers.
Don't like stir sticks either.
Have loaded mass quantities of .45 ACP. Doing a lot of bore cleaning. Working on 7mm and 8mm Mauser loads with cast boolits.
Social Distancing is my lifestyle and I was hip before it was cool.

I'm going to take it easy today and will probably go out in my woods and sit on my favorite stump for a while just watching nature awaken from it's winter sleep. Seems like a great day to break the last Montecristo out of my humidor. Looked at the other inhabitants in the humi, but the Monte is really calling to me.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Thin Man
03-29-2020, 01:39 PM
I am staying at home full time, waiting for the next of a long line of honey-do's to appear. SHE has calculated that my time belongs to HER. My time, efforts and patience are taking a beating, but at my own pace which is very casual during these activities. When I get some time for myself I am cleaning and arranging the shop with a focus of making it more organized and user friendly. This is a job that never ends but it is fun to find things long ago lost, then to place them where I can't find them until the next lock-down. Actually I am doing rather nicely at this project and am in hurry to return to work anytime soon.

Walla2
03-30-2020, 12:25 PM
We are rural making distancing easier. The weekend before Valentine's Day our entire area was flooded. 7 of our 10 buildings were flooded. The only ones not affected were our home, garage, and my wife's art studio. My shop which includes my reloading rooms (2) had mud about a foot high. Guess what I have been doing.

cupajoe
03-30-2020, 12:49 PM
I've always been a bit of a recluse and being retired now its only gotten better. The wife and I went out for a few groceries last week, the HEB only allowed people to enter as other patrons left. While in line a lady in her mid 60"s made a fool of her self ranting about seeing a person leave with 2 large packages of toilet paper. The manager was outside talking to folks trying to explain the reason for the line when she verbally jumped the manager. He explained that she was wrong, the store has been out of toilet paper for 2 days and what she saw was paper towels in the cart. He said that there were plenty of paper towels. The woman pushed her cart to the side and left. Musta needed TP asap!!
I just had to laugh.

OldBearHair
03-30-2020, 02:14 PM
We live in a subdivision that is made up of two to ten acre plots. We moved here along with my mule Sara twenty years ago. The mule was 39 years old when we lost her. Long story about Sara. We have the 2.1 acre type. Big garden with 25 rows 25 feet long. Only planted eight rows this year . Two twelve foot 8 inch pipes with 3.5 gal. buckets on 2"x8" upright boards each side of the pipe. Float valves to supply constant level of water. Water wicks into the buckets. Sub irrigated. Plants outdo the garden plants. So I spend time with the garden, shoot my hunting bow, work on my cars, ie changing oil to working on oxygen sensors (soaking with trans fluid/Acetone a day or two) then come out easily. Mowing lawn with Toro zero turn. Killing bunches of fire ants with permethrinSFR 36.8%. Made a list of things that need to done numbering 43. Drawing lines through the one that are finished. They number 25 today. Now I have to add to the list pouring 22 cal. wheel weight boolits for loading 222 Remington rounds for a Remington Mohawk 600 and going to Church online and visiting UTube for music, playing piano, mandolin, harmonicas. etc . Probably have to make another list in a couple of months. We are self quarantined for the duration and no cabin fever as yet. Haven't got out the oil paints yet or started making knives or tomahawks at the forge. May God Bless us all and keep us from having the virus.

slim1836
03-30-2020, 02:31 PM

Prepping some brass recently acquired.

Slim

Handloader109
03-30-2020, 02:43 PM
I was working for local office of the census. Got furloughed until all clear with pay a week and a half ago. So catching up on my regular laser work, (actually have had a really busy March).
If it will stop raining every couple of days, I'm wanting to get my range upgraded a bit. I've got a dozen old power poles that the guys dropped me when they were replacing them for the fiber internet upgrade a year ago. I'm taking 4 of them and laying out borders for gravel area in front of the backstop. Tired of losing brass in the grass. So a day or so of work cutting and placing them and then putting down a layer of fiber weed matting. Got a local guy that sells washed gravel at decent price. Loading a bit of 9mm and probably 357 this week.

jsizemore
03-30-2020, 08:59 PM
Cast and coated a bunch of 9mm bullets for new pistol. Slicking up the new 9mm pistol since I'm having trouble racking the slide on my 1911. Ran up on a 410 double that needed some attention. It's a Stevens 311 and has turned out very nice for a utility/hunter shotgun. Doing a small job each day for old customers. Checking on friends to see how they're doing. Reading the "Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson".

tankgunner59
03-30-2020, 09:57 PM
I like DIY so it's been several things. I have loaded 40 rounds for my semi-new 6.5 Creedmoor and processed many, many pieces of brass. I have also been getting some work done on the house and vehicles. Next I'm going to get some boring case sorting done in all my calibers.

Tripplebeards
03-31-2020, 10:16 AM
Digging worms and fishing in the back yard.

blackthorn
03-31-2020, 02:02 PM
I was working for local office of the census. Got furloughed until all clear with pay a week and a half ago. So catching up on my regular laser work, (actually have had a really busy March).
If it will stop raining every couple of days, I'm wanting to get my range upgraded a bit. I've got a dozen old power poles that the guys dropped me when they were replacing them for the fiber internet upgrade a year ago. I'm taking 4 of them and laying out borders for gravel area in front of the backstop. Tired of losing brass in the grass. So a day or so of work cutting and placing them and then putting down a layer of fiber weed matting. Got a local guy that sells washed gravel at decent price. Loading a bit of 9mm and probably 357 this week.

I found that using old carpet underlay works better (and lasts longer) than conventional weed matting.

Beagle333
03-31-2020, 02:03 PM
Building a chicken coop and pen.

3006guns
04-01-2020, 07:48 AM
No reported cases of COVID-19 in our county.........yet. We're not naive enough to think we'll be completely spared, but still make the occasional trip to the store, etc.

First couple of weeks wasn't too bad.........lots of small jobs around the house. In the second week, the wife was told to stay home from work and report via Skype so she has "meetings" almost every morning. I'm retired but staying indoors is getting old fast and the dull, grey winter skies don't help much.

My problem: I've loaded just about every usable piece of brass on the place, but can't get to the range to shoot it!

RugerFan
04-01-2020, 08:00 AM
Casting and loading for my 10mm Springfield. Casting, paper patching and loading for my .375 H&H mag. Next will be my .458 SOCOM and Finnish M28/30.

FISH4BUGS
04-01-2020, 08:06 AM
Stacking 6 cords of wood, loading 2000 357's with H&G #51 gc, prepping 223 and 308 brass, spring clean up yard work.
I could get used to this!

Thumbcocker
04-01-2020, 08:33 AM
Mrs. Thumbcocker and I are "essential employees" so we come to work every day. Been catching up on mandatory continuing education.

gwrench
04-01-2020, 07:36 PM
I'm considered essential so have been working as usual. This past weekend with nothing on TV I tried to watch some DVD movies but they make me crazy. I do better reading a nice long book while listening to the classical radio station. That's my plan for next weekend too.

pressonregardless
04-01-2020, 08:49 PM
My wife has deemed me essential enough to help her paint the kitchen....

WRideout
04-02-2020, 08:37 AM
My wife has deemed me essential enough to help her paint the kitchen....
Same here.
Wayne

Tripplebeards
04-02-2020, 03:39 PM
Digging worms and fishing in the back yard.

I got excited yesterday I caught five perch in 25 minutes when the sun peaked out of the clouds. Then the bite quit. That’s as many fish I have caught with my pole in the water sitting out in the backyard 24/seven for the last week and a half watching for bites window fishing. The water is just too cold yet and it’s coming up. I’ve had three poles on the water since 8 am and not one fish again... Life could be worse. As soon as it warms up you get sick of pulling fish out.

super6
04-02-2020, 03:56 PM
I am learning the (how to) trade stocks and bonds. I put $5000 in an ameritrade account and made $200 my first day. Short market buys pay big these days. I need to get some cash into gun sales and ammo soon! If your killing time right now you may as well make some cash!

Tripplebeards
04-02-2020, 07:22 PM
Bites on! Caught about 20 plus dandy perch this afternoon when the sun came out.

tinsnips
04-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Doing my bussiness taxes, got all my book work done ,fixing anything i can find to work on in the house.

ioon44
04-03-2020, 09:04 AM
I have been turning some .38 spl cases in to .38 S&W, for an old top break H&R with very light loads.

Clark
04-03-2020, 09:43 AM
I have been taking care of grandkids 6 days a week.
Ages 0,2,3, and 5.
Yesterday we planted peas.

Budzilla 19
04-03-2020, 10:43 AM
Home school a 10 and11 year old child!!!! Common core math...……………………….. really? No wonder they can't count change,( before ya'll set me on fire I know about inventory management, and I agree its the way to go) but I am making sure these two little boys can!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than that, all range scrap finished, now i'm going to start casting 312-155 2R boolits and on to the .308 we go!!!!!!!!!! Might get ready for early hurricane season as I detailed my truck yesterday!!!!!!!!!! Wife looked at the truck and asked"who's truck did you steal"????? Hahahahahaha!!!! Social distancing...….. ever see a bunch of Rednecks around a fire pit?????? That's social distancing at it's finest! Not gonna get to close to each other, or the pit!!
Just doing my part so we can get this carp over with!!! And back to work. Ya'll be safe out there.

elmacgyver0
04-03-2020, 10:58 AM
by sorting 7 tons of brass so far this month

Don't shoot much do you?:kidding:

HP9MM
04-03-2020, 01:43 PM
The 3 B's-Bullets, Books and Beer. Loaded a 1,000 rounds of 9MM, reading Churchill, Walking with Destiny by Andrew Roberts and got a keg of MIA Tourist Trappe.

Thin Man
04-03-2020, 07:01 PM
Honey-Do's. Lots and lots and LOTS of Honey-Do's. The house is cleaner than it has been in years, the yard also. Occasionally I will hide in my shop and do something for me but I always get found and re-assigned. Today I spoke (by phone) with the owner of the shop where i have a part time job. The first thing I asked him was "Can I come back to work? SOON???" He only laughed as he knew I was staying locked down until this madness is over. Ah, well, time for another Honey-Do.

lightman
04-03-2020, 07:31 PM
I got excited yesterday I caught five perch in 25 minutes when the sun peaked out of the clouds. Then the bite quit. That’s as many fish I have caught with my pole in the water sitting out in the backyard 24/seven for the last week and a half watching for bites window fishing. The water is just too cold yet and it’s coming up. I’ve had three poles on the water since 8 am and not one fish again... Life could be worse. As soon as it warms up you get sick of pulling fish out.

Thats the way it was here. 3 days of fishing produced a nice mess of fish but it all happened in 30 minutes!

lightman
04-03-2020, 07:34 PM
by sorting 7 tons of brass so far this month

Holy Smoke! 2 20mm ammo cans was enough to make me cross eyed!

bangerjim
04-04-2020, 12:27 PM
Playing music on my Yamaha GENOS workstation/arranger keyboard several hours a day. Check out the demos on YouTube and the things it can do!!!!!! AMAZING music machine.

Staying out of ear-shot of the wife....she has a list a mile long for me to do!!!!!!

Watching BluRay movies and Netflix. And now that EPIX and HBO is free for a few weeks, catching up on some I do not own.

Probably gaining a pound or two!

Staying in and being healthy.

banger

Love Life
04-04-2020, 12:31 PM
I’m passing my time by living my life. I really haven’t changed anything.

bayjoe
04-05-2020, 08:28 PM
So far glassbedded 2 stocks, trimmed several hundred 308 brass. Waiting for it to warm up so I can do a little hydrographic dipping of the stocks I bedded.

dragon813gt
04-05-2020, 09:11 PM
I’m still working and won’t be stopping short of a complete shutdown. I have been home more since we can’t fly anymore. This means I have to handle the tech support calls that aren’t coming in. Sitting in front of a computer for eight hours a day is brutal.

I built a desktop computer at the end of the last year for the purpose of movie and music archiving. I have a large live music collection that’s either on CD, uncompressed, or is compressed into .shn/.flac. I’ve been going through the compressed discs, updating the metadata and adding them to my server. Both in compressed format for archiving and converted to mp3 for streaming. I don’t need to convert them but it keeps data usage down when I’m away from home.

At last count I had about 6,000 hours of concerts across all formats. And I’ve added very little to the server. The uncompressed discs are going to take a lot of time when I get to them. So when I’m “on tech support” I’ve been working on my live music collection. I’m going to have to expand my server. 8tb in RAID 1 is almost full. I managed to archive all my movies and they take up a large portion of that. Not spending money on more hard drives right now so I may have nothing to do if the situation doesn’t improve in a few weeks.

Idaho45guy
04-05-2020, 11:04 PM
Essential worker here. Nothing has changed other than not going out to eat on my days off. I spend 12 hours a day on a computer at work, then drive home, surf the net for an hour, and go to bed. Wake up, get ready for work, then drive 14 miles to work, sit for another 12 hours, and repeat. 4 days one week and 3 days the next.

Due to winter, it's been dark within a couple of hours of getting up on my days off, so not able to go shooting, or hiking, or do anything to regain my sanity.

Girlfriend comes over and spends the night 2-3 days a week and we just watch TV, drink, and make like rabbits. She just did two weeks of self-isolation due to her dad having a quadruple-bypass surgery, so missed that diversion for a while.

Weather is still awful and the snowpack in the mountains is substantial, so can't go anywhere.

Pretty sure I'm sinking into depression, which is normal this time of year. No sun, no fun, and now no human interaction for months is taking it's toll.

Spending way too much money online ordering components and accessories for my new AR-10. No idea when I'll finally be able to shoot it.

But, Spring is right around the corner and a couple of hiking trips will refresh my spirit and body.

owejia
04-06-2020, 08:51 AM
Cleaning off a fence line and cutting wood for next winter. Need to wean some calves this week if weather permits. Have two new to me, MP hollow point moulds to use if rain is too bad for outside work. Sunshine today, maybe shoot a few carpenter bees if temp. gets high enough for them to venture out.

1989toddm
04-06-2020, 09:04 AM
I’m off work now, for a week and a day. Been building fence, finishing putting siding on the goat barn, built a hay feeder, planting garden, casting, powder coating, loading. Enjoying the time with my wife and children. Actually getting (not enough) but more than I was, SLEEP.

gwpercle
04-06-2020, 06:10 PM
Got a few garden plants in the ground . 4 tomatoes and 4 TAM jalapeno peppers . They all planted , caged , fertilized and mulched .
As of today I have 3 Tomatoes on two plants ... BLT's in progress !
Still haven't found the Gypsy Pepper plants I like to grow each year but I will .
Still a tad early for the Okra to be planted...I might go ahead and plant some anyway.
Wife bought some Pumpkin seed ... I'll never understand why . What do you do with pumpkins ?
Gary

Winger Ed.
04-06-2020, 06:33 PM
. What do you do with pumpkins ?

Search "Homemade pumpkin puree" to see how to make it from a whole pumpkin.

The search 'pumpkin recipes' most call for the cans of puree.
But making your own is not much different than making real mashed potatoes.

There are hundreds of dishes and dessert recipes for them.

maxreloader
04-06-2020, 07:15 PM
On the Cat making a putting and chipping green for the missus, she bumped that to the top of the hunny-do list! :-P

Gewehr-Guy
04-06-2020, 08:41 PM
Tore the roof off an old chicken coop, and going to re-roof and tin it. I guess I'm going to have chickens again. I kind of miss having them running around doing stupid chicken stuff. If I could gentle down one of my old stock cows to milk, and with fresh eggs, I could be in lockdown till next spring !

Cheeto303
04-06-2020, 08:50 PM
Getting close to my wife :0

Dapaki
04-06-2020, 08:52 PM
Tree trimming, pulling rocks, reloading.

Win94ae
04-06-2020, 09:16 PM
Just got the shipment of powder I ordered about 2 weeks ago, I'll develop a load for the bullets that came in about 2 weeks ago, then I'll be as ready for SHTF as I can be... a little late. :/

alamogunr
04-06-2020, 10:42 PM
Bought a new Dan Wesson 1911 just before the shtf. Then it rained almost every day so I couldn't shoot it. Now with "social distancing" I can't go to the range.

Spent my time as others have taking care of "honey do's". Also processing .45 ACP brass. Casting 2 different types of .45ACP boolits and some 9mm for the grandsons. I've loaded a few different loads to have ready when/if I get to go to the range. I saw the post that involved processing 7 tons of brass. I've never processed/smelted/cleaned up 7 tons of lead much less brass.

Being retired, I used to go to the range during the week at odd hours. Most time I was there by myself or at most one or two others. I'm sure now it is crowded. With the wife's health problems, I can't afford to take a chance no matter how remote.

skeettx
04-06-2020, 10:54 PM
Reloading, reloading, reloading
Mowing grass
Light repairs

Mike

SSGOldfart
04-06-2020, 11:06 PM

Same here?

quilbilly
04-07-2020, 12:42 PM
It usually takes me an afternoon to mow our large lawn. Now I am doing it in three days just to keep busy.

gwpercle
04-07-2020, 01:52 PM
Something weird is happening ...
I just got through watching the 1958 movie " Attack of the 50 Foot Woman"... and I enjoyed it !!!

Next is playing the 1954 movie " THEM" with James Arness ( pre Gunsmoke) and I'm looking forward to it too .....
Gary

lightman
04-07-2020, 01:53 PM
Still doing the same things. A little casting, a little loading, some chores mixed in, some cleaning and sorting. A couple of times a week the Wife and I will go for a ride and take my Mom. Pretty soon it will be warm enough that we can ride around on the pond levees and shoot snakes. About once a week She makes cookies or something for the Grandkids and we'll ride around and deliver them. She will jump out and hang a sack on the door knob and ring the bell and run for the truck. Then we'll wave and shout back and fourth for a minute. It gets her fix, at least for now!

facetious
04-07-2020, 02:29 PM
So far I did brakes on one car, mixed two 20lb batches of lead and cast 20lb's each of 358-156's and LBT 30 cal. for my .308 sized and lubed, cleaned the yard, washed the cars and got the tree sap of my old work car and waxed it, still need to do brakes on that one and get some things on it fixed that I can't do. Walk the dogs evey day and just puttering around trying to keep my recliner from turning into a jello mold. and figured out how to post my avatar.

Pressman
04-07-2020, 03:01 PM
Nothing has changed other than the weather. It's getting warmer but no signs of spring just yet. Maybe a week or two.
Inventory of tools, tinker with guns, research info for someone else to write an article, start scanning multiple thousands of files.

Trying to ward off cabin fever, I need to get into the garage and get it better organized, though that will be more fun when I can do it with the door open.
January's cabin fever is no different than April's cabin fever. Grumbling because my favorite coffee shops are closed.

Chad5005
04-07-2020, 10:53 PM
the wife and I have been making sausage and boudin,ive been prepping brass and working on her 7mm mag rem 700

Cheeto303
04-07-2020, 11:08 PM

Exactly. What good is staying alive if you aren't living ?

Idaho45guy
04-08-2020, 06:53 AM
Something weird is happening ...
I just got through watching the 1958 movie " Attack of the 50 Foot Woman"... and I enjoyed it !!!

Gary

My best friend from Arizona (also named Gary) made me watch that movie with him years ago. I also enjoyed it!

dale2242
04-08-2020, 07:58 AM
The local range is closed.
I have been going up in the hills and shooting in a rock pit by myself.
Now that the weather is improving, the garden will be getting more of my attention.

sharps4590
04-08-2020, 08:22 AM
It appears that except for "blackberry winter" spring finally sprung about a week ago. For all intents and purposes our lives are normal for this time of year except for the absence of being able to go to church and other socializing. Lots of garden and yard work and there's a few more trees I want to take out of Momma's flower beds this park we call a lawn. My range is about 50 ft. from my back door and I took almost an entire day and set up my chrono and worked through 5 rifles and 7 or 8 loads.

robg
04-08-2020, 10:56 AM
cutting grass trimming hedge and smelting lead casting boolits preping brass.

RogerDat
04-08-2020, 04:26 PM
Social Distancing Report

• Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.
• I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.
• I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
• Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom
• PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
• Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.
• I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
• This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
• Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
• My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.
• Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.
• I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
• I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.
• Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
• Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.
• Yesterday I got in touch with my inner self. That is the last time I buy 1 ply toilet paper at the dollar store.

• Still going with better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under. Wife is thinking more like 50 feet apart, as in let's not waste the fact you ran electricity to the garden shed.

MrWolf
04-08-2020, 07:57 PM
Good one

243winxb
04-09-2020, 06:18 PM
Air rifle shooting at home. Testing different pellets.

reloader28
04-10-2020, 11:47 PM
Nothing different here. Just another day except for excellent deals at the eating joints in town

rockrat
04-11-2020, 08:49 AM
Wife wanted an area in the pasture, next to a coupe of sheds, cleaned up. Been wanting it done for a few years at least!! Stuff been accumulating there for 25+ years. Kind of a catch all place. Didn't think there was that much stuff in the grass overgrown area!!! T-post, landscape timbers and other wood that was unusable. Spent the last two days clearing it out. Did I tell you there was a lot of stuff (junk!!). Found a couple of Rams, a Turkey and two chickens from my IHMSA shooting days, that I had, but most all other metal went to the recyclers (1720 pounds worth!!) and the half rotted wood and and other stuff went to the dump (1600 lbs worth).

Man, some of that stuff was a lot heavier than it was 20 years ago. I even had to use the tractor bucket to load that old Dodge rear end, heck, I carried it down there by my self decades ago.

Think I earned a range trip today. After lunch and some Tylenol!!

lightman
04-11-2020, 09:32 AM
The Wife and I went for a ride yesterday. We took a 22 and headed for my Son's Duck Club to maybe shoot snakes. It was still a little to cool and was windy so we just rode around the country side. We picked up lunch at a BBQ joint and parked on a turn row to eat. We also picked up some brass at a few different shooting spots.

We go for a ride a couple of times a week. I finished cleaning up in the shop one day last week. I try to do something productive at least every day. Pretty soon I will start working on my Dove hole.

DocSavage
04-11-2020, 09:49 AM
I'm running out of brass to process,deprime,trim,size and prime.waiting on an expander die so I can start getting my 6.5 grendel ammo started.

Gunslinger1911
04-11-2020, 06:13 PM
RogerDat - lol

My job is "essential" chemist in a industrial factory. So work as usual. Although the drive is better, whole lot less traffic !!

I'm a recluse anyway, I'm that pecker-wood that lives out side of town with too many guns.

Still; loading for the family (prepping for the downfall of society). lol
Got a new MiHec 357 Keith SWC mould, knocking the new off that sucker big time !
Wondering if 10,000 primers is really enough.
The dreaded sorting of brass.
Cleaning said brass.
Loading said brass.
Learning to powder coat and running a destruction test of new Lee APP - little sucker is really hanging in there !
Bonding with my dog - 100 lb American Bulldog - 2 yrs old - still a big baby.
I'm good, family is good, friends are good.
Awaiting to see what turns out to be the new normal.

OldBearHair
04-11-2020, 06:36 PM
Computer was complaining about getting ready to just die of exhaustion with pop ups coming every two minutes warning me to start backup, then tell me it was finished and done. Wasn't added to the list of backups in my flash drive. It is an older than dirt Windows 7 and not supported. It will still get some use for the wife to play games on. New one purchased. Stopped by Church's Chicken for 10 for 10 Special. Five chicken legs and five thighs spicy for $10.00. That is nearly three meals for me and my gal of 66 years.

Jedman
04-11-2020, 07:40 PM
Everyday I have been putting several hours work into gun projects. I have many to work on some are just stock refinishing some are rebarreling and finish I have a few that need everything so I never run out of work.
Today I mowed grass for the first time this year, once it starts its about 8 hrs a week to do 5 + acres with over 300 trees on it so trimming takes a lot of time.
I really never get bored with nothing to do. I retired 24 1/2 years ago and never had that problem.

Jedman

facetious
04-12-2020, 12:52 AM
I was out in the garage putting about and had my phone so I found a You-Tube of some ice cream truck music an blue toothed it through the radio in my van and wathched the kid acrossed the street try to find out were it was coming from.

Hay you got to have some fun.[smilie=1:

FarNorth45
04-12-2020, 02:57 AM
Processing lots of brass , casted thousands of bullets for 9mm , 45acp , 45colt, and 45-70 . Now i have started the new journey of Paper Patching for my 8x57 mauser . Lucky that i have my own shooting range right out of my front door �� ! Just got the word that after this 2week social vacation that we are starting work back up monday .

RogerDat
04-16-2020, 03:15 AM
Got an invite to my neighbors range. Tested some loads. 357 mag with 2400 and different bullets seated different depth. 32 acp with a couple of loads that I know will cycle just to see which was more accurate. And the icing on the cake was giving some love to the zouave muzzle loader. Tried the Lee flying trash can Minnie and found it made big holes in the target same as the regular Minnie only cleaner edges. Tried a lower load of 60 grains and it was ok at the modest range we were at will have to wait to see how it does at 50 to 75 yards when the "weather" clears.

We kept that 6 feet between us they recommend so we don't accidentally bring some disease home to the wives. Never had personal experience with it but from what I hear that never works out well :-) Didn't seem to interfere with our socializing much. Although we did blame all misses on either the stress of quarantine or nerves brought on by concern over government overreach. Just kidding we blamed mosquitoes of which there were only a couple but that was enough to create the occasional "flyer".

Schreck5
04-16-2020, 06:27 AM
Social Distancing Report

• Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.
• I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.
• I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
• Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom
• PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
• Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.
• I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
• This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
• Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
• My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.
• Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.
• I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
• I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.
• Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
• Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.
• Yesterday I got in touch with my inner self. That is the last time I buy 1 ply toilet paper at the dollar store.

• Still going with better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under. Wife is thinking more like 50 feet apart, as in let's not waste the fact you ran electricity to the garden shed.

The tiolet paper one! Now that there's funny!

RogerDat
04-23-2020, 12:13 AM
I have a new mission. Hot melt glue bullets! Member Stubach tried them and that is how the madness spreads. Old carpet for a back drop box to clip the target on and have a range in the garage. Look them up on the forum here. Powered by just a primer so not loud enough to bother the neighbors or wife.

No range time my eye! I even think I know where wife left my glue gun when she was done using it. If it isn't there that search can occupy and "entertain" me for awhile. Never know what I might find. Do know for sure the glue gun will either be in the last place I look. Even if it is the first place I look. :-)

RogerDat
04-23-2020, 12:15 AM
Hormel made the first batch of Spam in 1893 and due to hording they are now having to make another batch.

My wife liked that one because she sure doesn't like Spam. I have to go camping alone to cook any and not get down wind of it while cooking if I want back in the house at the end of the trip.

skeettx
04-23-2020, 08:39 PM
Went fishing near Amarillo, Tx

7 walleye and one crappie

Catch and release

Mike

StuBach
04-23-2020, 10:59 PM
Playing with hot glue boolits (Glueboolits).

Idaho45guy
04-24-2020, 02:16 AM
Went fishing near Amarillo, Tx

7 walleye and one crappie

Catch and release

Mike

Friend of my dad's went fishing last week on a little lake in Eastern Washington. Only soul for miles. Game warden caught him and gave him a ticket and seized his fishing license.

Governor of Washington deemed fishing to be dangerous but boating not. So, you can go out on a lake in a boat and sit there and drink beer, but if you try to catch a fish, you are a danger to society and will be ticketed.

The country has lost it's mind.

dangitgriff
04-24-2020, 04:11 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200424/e537a7ee36cd39c43e92cbb4f469ed79.jpg

dangitgriff
04-24-2020, 04:12 AM
Friend of my dad's went fishing last week on a little lake in Eastern Washington. Only soul for miles. Game warden caught him and gave him a ticket and seized his fishing license.

Governor of Washington deemed fishing to be dangerous but boating not. So, you can go out on a lake in a boat and sit there and drink beer, but if you try to catch a fish, you are a danger to society and will be ticketed.

The country has lost it's mind.

No, we have lost our liberty.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200424/dc86f42956efc03eef336f7be3f9fbcb.jpg
Didn’t take long, either.

Bent Ramrod
04-24-2020, 09:04 PM
The electrician came out to fix some lights and check some circuits. I had him rewire the motor on my toolmaker-grinder from 220 to 115 volts. Once I could turn it on, I decided to clean it up a little and get it unstuck and running.

It was covered with a mixture of fossilized oil and Southwestern desert dust, and rusty in spots. I got most of the goo off it and most of the rust in the important bearing areas. I also had to figure out replacements for some of the long-gone original spring-loaded crossfeed, which had been replaced, more or less, (mostly less) with shop-made stuff. Still looks pretty scuzzy, but it runs and only needs a few bits and pieces (shims and Gits oilers, mostly) to get going for real. I'll do a small-scale trial grind on it tomorrow to see how it works.

I am almost to the bottom of my jar of Goop waterless hand cleaner after this job. I found that I don't touch my face as often as The Authorities say people do; if I did, I'd look like a chimney sweep when I washed up.

A lot of work, but beats "counting flowers on the wall."

RogerDat
04-28-2020, 01:47 PM

The country has lost it's mind.I hope he fights it. Don't want this thread to end up in the pit but I think much of what has been done as a response is not well thought out or considered and clearly falls into the category of act in haste and repent at leisure. I would think it worth giving a judge a chance to dismiss this as a miscarriage of justice would be socially responsible course of action. Not to mention getting his license back.

It isn't as if they went and "read the friendly manual" on what to do. They have a few people sitting around coming up with ideas. They forget to include things they should and include things they shouldn't. In short acting too fast without using a plan developed in advance is prone to failures.

Pretty sure I would rapid pack a bug-out bag better than many, but not nearly as well as someone with it already packed ahead of time or with a checklist of what they need.

Take fishing. In some areas the folks line up along a bridge or pile into a boat and are probably closer to each other than prudent. So rather than a well thought out rule about maintaining distance or being members of same household you get some aid saying fishing is prohibited because they envision the one scenario. I don't envy the people making these decisions. It is a good bet some people will die even if they abide by all the rules. Nothing like having your "mistake" that leads to dead people plastered in the media to make most folks cautious.

Me I'm still avoiding people, and going out no more than required. Not that much to it. I have projects at home to keep me busy. It is spring so garden and yard work to do. Which it seems takes longer every year. Sigh.

Put in the early peas and got the weeding done around the rose bush before the new growth makes that too prickly a task to do. Seeds are started so those need checking and tending. Trimming and weed whipping. Sigh I really need a penthouse with a gardener and indoor range.

skeettx
04-28-2020, 04:03 PM
Monday 27 Apr 2020
Amarillo, Texas

Walleyes and Crappies, catch and EAT :)

https://www.jpgbox.com/jpg/60101_1000x800.jpg (https://www.jpgbox.com/page/60101_1000x800/)

https://www.jpgbox.com/jpg/60102_600x400.jpg (https://www.jpgbox.com/page/60102_600x400/)

nagantguy
04-28-2020, 04:28 PM
Mostly texting solutions to the worlds troubles with you and lots of reloading and varmint Hunting.