PDA

View Full Version : 350 Legend in a CVA Scout

murf205
03-21-2020, 02:38 PM
I am starting to sniff out an inexpensive single shot rifle and I read on the web that the accounts of the accuracy of CVA Scout's is very good. By all accounts their triggers are in the 3lb range too. One source says they use Lothar Walther barrels and another says Begara, both of which have good reputations. Of course I will shoot cast in it and the SAAMI drawing I found gives the projectile at .357". But...I also have read where Winchester ammo is .355". So I am asking if anyone here has actually slugged a CVA 350L barrel and what did it measure? Another question is about the dies for this round. I would probably buy Lee dies and I am wondering what the expander button measures. I have had really good experiences with Lee dies before and my hope is that they have found the right dia. Thanks in advance.
Murf205

tomme boy
03-21-2020, 03:50 PM
They are Bergara. CVA owns them

murf205
03-21-2020, 04:30 PM
Do you know the dimensions by any chance. My chief concern is if the chamber is reamed for a .355 throat and I cast and size a .357 or .358 boolit it might not fit, of course I could buy the right size sizer die, but I'd like a heads up in advance.