PDA

View Full Version : Capsule pill tray size for “core shaker”?

Darth-Vang
03-18-2020, 03:27 PM
What is the capsule pill tray for “core shaker”? Anyone knows? I need the right size for a “core shaker” for .251 bullets, .224 bullets, .308 bullets, .357 bullets. I need the right size for those caliber if anyone knows which size capsule tray to get?

Darth-Vang
03-31-2020, 11:23 PM
There has to be someone here that knows...anybody?

clodhopper
04-01-2020, 12:01 AM
I remember reading something about that here on this forum, a long time ago.
Don't remember the details.

There should be a reference to the sizes of capsules.
Most likely in millimeters.

Do you know a pharmacist? a quick question might get a quick answer.

Darth-Vang
04-01-2020, 01:03 AM
I remember reading something about that here on this forum, a long time ago.
Don't remember the details.

There should be a reference to the sizes of capsules.
Most likely in millimeters.

Do you know a pharmacist? a quick question might get a quick answer. Thanks. Where would I find the reference to that? And no I live pretty far from civilization, much less go to a pharmacy. :mrgreen:

clodhopper
04-01-2020, 02:23 AM
I would search the internet for reference.

smithnframe
04-01-2020, 07:15 AM
What are you talking about?

clodhopper
04-01-2020, 08:23 AM
When filling capsules with medicine pharmacists use a molded tray to shake capsules so they fall standing up right into holes so they can be filled.

Several years ago someone discovered the trays also work for assembling jackets and cores in preparation to swaging them together. The trays come in sizes to make them useful for different calibers.

Darth is following up on this to speed up his production.

Faret
04-01-2020, 09:55 AM
Ebay for the trays. Here for the pill sizes down at the bottom.https://capsuline.com/pages/empty-capsule-size-chart

Darth-Vang
04-03-2020, 09:23 PM
Ebay for the trays. Here for the pill sizes down at the bottom.https://capsuline.com/pages/empty-capsule-size-chart I appreciate the the info and thanks for the links. So I just buy the one in the right diameter or close to the diameter of the case for it?

Faret
04-04-2020, 08:49 AM
I appreciate the the info and thanks for the links. So I just buy the one in the right diameter or close to the diameter of the case for it?

That's my understanding I have not bought one yet to try out. As long as the hole is bigger than the brass but small enough that the core can not fit along side of the jacket I would think it would work.

Darth-Vang
04-04-2020, 01:56 PM
Okay. Might get one soon and see how it plays out. No one makes a core shaker anymore...