PDA

View Full Version : Help

xbeeman412
03-15-2020, 08:39 PM
With My weak hands and thumbs I am unable to load the mags for My pistols.
Was able to find help to rack now its loading the mags.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Winger Ed.
03-15-2020, 08:42 PM
Any of the good supply houses have handy little tools for loading magazines.

They're pretty reasonable on price, but they might be limited on certain applications.
Look for one the says it will work for your mags.

Jniedbalski
03-15-2020, 08:48 PM
I have tried the mag loaders for pistole mags and they work awesome. There a little pricey 30 to 35$ but once you use one you won’t ever want to be without one. There that good

CastingFool
03-15-2020, 09:19 PM
Check out the Maglula loaders. They have an universal model that can handle from 9mm up to 45acp, either single or double stack. Midway and Brownells carry them. Maglula does not sell directly online you must go through a dealer.

Alstep
03-15-2020, 10:07 PM
Can't go wrong with Maglula. Tried several others and the Maglula tops them all.

contender1
03-15-2020, 10:12 PM
I have been using the "Uplula" magazine loading tool for several years now & it is well worth the money. I own 3 different ones,, and they are all excellent.
I use them in my teaching clinics. When I first got my first one,, and another (lady) instructor tried it,, I almost lost it. She didn't want to give it back. Many of the older ladies, arthritic hand & wrist folks, etc ALL like them.

GSP7
03-15-2020, 11:20 PM
https://youtu.be/2OHxli5iYrY

USSR
03-16-2020, 08:07 AM
Charles,

Time to move up to wheel guns.

Don

Biggin
03-16-2020, 12:37 PM
Check out the Maglula loaders. They have an universal model that can handle from 9mm up to 45acp, either single or double stack. Midway and Brownells carry them. Maglula does not sell directly online you must go through a dealer.

+1 on this. They're about $35 anywhere you find them but you will be wondering why you hadn't bought one sooner!

bigboredad
03-16-2020, 02:11 PM
Maglula is the way to go. I have ms and some days my hands and fingers don't work like they should. This has been a huge help

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Nueces
03-17-2020, 08:21 AM
Another source for the LULA mag loaders is uniquetek.com , in Arizona. Good folks, too.

georgerkahn
03-17-2020, 08:41 AM
I once had a pistol magazine with a "200-pound follower spring" ;)! My solution? I used a mid-sized pair of Channel Lock pliers, with an Allen wrench electric taped to the top jaw -- the long part down, and short part taped to the pliers. It was then fairly easy for me -- close the pliers jaws to depress the follower; slip in a cartridge; re-"seat" the Allen wrench leg on inserted cartridge; squeeze; add another; et cetera. The pistol I had difficulties with was a CZ24 (?) -- a pre-war Czechoslovakian .380 ACP.
Maybe a bit of a "Rube Goldburg" approach for me... but it worked.
Good luck!
geo

xbeeman412
03-26-2020, 11:31 AM
thanks for all the replys. found a helper device, so am good to go..

gwpercle
03-27-2020, 04:09 PM
No law prohibiting the use of revolvers . Easy to load and you don't have to chase the empties .
The model 58 S&W in my avatar does night stand duty in my house and I do not feel under armed .
Gary

OutHuntn84
03-27-2020, 04:52 PM
Another vote for maglula, they are definitely worth the money. Back before that was an option I made one out of some scrap metal and wood. You could slide a magazine into the base to hold it vertically. Then there was a pivot arm you could pull down on to push down the top bullet of your mag. Which would allow you to start the next bullet and slide it back into the mag. Worked out really well for grandpa and kept him shooting a few more years. I wish I would have been smart enough to take a picture to share it with you, but just another idea if you feel like making one.