PDA

View Full Version : New LSI Puma 45!

Freightman
11-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Got it home and took pictures!
Went to the range in spite of 35 MPH wind and 30 degrees I'm tough. Loaded some 260g LFNPB with Unique and Blue Dot with 10.5gr of Unique 1300 fps+- did 1" three different groups of five at 50 yds, with 13gr Blue Dot did 1375 fps+- three groups at 1.33" at 50 yds. all were POA after I adjusted the windage was shooting 3" right over adjusted 2" left then the third time was right on.
I couldn't ask for the action to be any slicker, set at my desk yesterday and worked the action 1000 times wore my hand out but it worked all the stiffness out of the action, went from a 4.75# trigger pull to 3.25# now. For a new gun it is excellent would recommend highly.
Now to go hunting ! thought I was going to get to go next Tuesday but as always something got in the way, guess I am just going to have to go some day without any planing so nothing will get in the way.

looseprojectile
11-19-2008, 03:40 PM
to shoot it . Wow what a nice little rifle gun. Beautiful wood. I want it. My .45 Puma is plain , brass receiver.:mrgreen:

Life is good

Freightman
11-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Just got back from the range will shoot a sub 1" group at 50 yds, ans a sub 3" at 100 if I could see the target at 100 it would be better. What amazed me was I had some loads I had loaded for my Gaucho 7.5" barrel SAA 45 8.3 gr or Unique with a 260gr LFNPB boolit and a 8.3 ge Unique load with a 200g LSWC and they shoot to the same spot. Will load s little stiffer as it was like shooting a 22 LR with both loads. I am not going up to much as I am "OLD" and my bones do not give as much as they use to any how the 260 crnod at 1175 FPS and that will kill these WT and hogs around here.

Freightman
11-19-2008, 06:44 PM
PIAT please

Buckshot
11-20-2008, 12:29 AM
..............Nice grain pattern and staining job in the buttstock! Any idea what the wood is?

http://www.fototime.com/95900A3C1D2F5E8/standard.jpg

My LSI rifle in 45C has rather plain wood, but at least it wasn't practically black like a friend's was :-) I thought his was plastic at first look!

..................Buckshot

Freightman
11-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Have no idea, but it was far better than the pictures the dealer sent, think he just sent a generic picture as the rifle was in a sealed bubble wrap bag. If you notice the hand guard is darker and has less grain, with all the hardwood in Brazil there is no telling.
I was amazed that the loads I shoot in my Gaucho (which is plenty) were so mild in the Puma like shooting a 22.
The action is smooth and trigger is crisp 4-5# it will feed SWC 200 and the 260 g with no problem. I have only owned one lever action a Winchester '94 and this one is as good as it (my son has that one now goes to the grand son later) was surprised as I had read some bad reports on the smoothness of the action.