PDA

View Full Version : Converting a Master Caster to hand casting...

djryan13
03-12-2020, 03:02 PM
Found out today Master Caster will sell you a base to convert your Master Caster to manual pour for hand casting.

I called today and to their credit, they said you can just prop the lever down with “a 2x4 or something”... or you can buy a base for $131. I went ahead and bought the base because I like things a certain way.

Didn’t realize it was just two bolts to pull off pot. Anyway, looking forward to doing some hand casting with that big pot.

John Wayne
03-13-2020, 09:47 AM
That was nice of them! I have always thought they are top notch!

djryan13
03-13-2020, 12:09 PM
That was nice of them! I have always thought they are top notch!

Totally agree. It’s a pleasure to call them. Btw... they had the base in mail same day. It was about $150 shipped. I only got it cause I don’t want any lead dripping on lower parts in master caster and a messy cleanup.

I am going to see if I can use the Hatch automation system to pour the lead. Wonder if I can keep up with it!

Hootmix
03-21-2020, 04:47 AM
I just made one ( proto type for my MC ) out of a piece of 16 ga. metal that sits on top of the rails,, just take the spring out that holds the mould arms closed ,, let the handle down . ( can't do pics ) this lets me hold the mould's steady,, and I can preheat the moulds easier.

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.