PDA

View Full Version : GoodRX

bosterr
03-12-2020, 05:11 AM
Has anyone tried GoodRX for their precriptions? It's a free app for smart phones. It looks like you pay $20. for an online doctor and get free coupons for drastic discounts for your scripts which you take to the drug store. The video on the sites says a script that may cost $150 normally you could get for a bit over $10. I've seen it advertised on TV, but that doesn't mean it's still not a scam. In most cases you wouldn't even use your insurance?

JoeG52
03-12-2020, 05:40 AM
GoodRX is not a scam. I didn't pay any $20 or deal with any online doctor. I did not pay any fee other than the price of the prescription. My doctor sends the prescription to the pharmacy, then I just show them my GoodRX card and get the discount. I also have had the doctor send the prescription to the GoodRX mail order pharmacy and my prescription comes in the mail.

bikerbeans
03-12-2020, 05:47 AM
I have drug coverage but I have used the GoodRx card to fill a script the vet wrote for my hound. I had to use a human compounding pharmacy for my dog's med. This card dropped the price from $35 to $15. My vet gave me the card and there wasn't a fee or sign up required to use it.

BB

high standard 40
03-12-2020, 06:39 AM
I recently used GoodRX. There was no fee and I saved 2/3 on my script.

Shepherd2
03-12-2020, 07:30 AM
Same here. No fee and I saved about 75% on one prescription. I printed the coupon from their website and used it. Walgreens told me about them.

square butte
03-12-2020, 08:37 AM
You don't need the app. for the coupons. Just go to the website and download the coupons for the pharmacy you will be going to. My wife was on a med for a bit that was about $437 dollars at Walmart. The coupon from Good RX cut the price to $92 - Pretty healthy savings. Just a note - Compare the coupon prices for multiple pharmacies in your shopping area. The saving can vary a bunch depending on the pharmacy

StuBach
03-12-2020, 08:49 AM
Haven’t used the coupon piece but their cheapest med finder has save my family tons over the years.

Dog has to be on seizure medication that cost $75 for 10 day supply at local pharmacy, GoodRX pointed us to where a 30 day supply was $10! When we switched her to a new med the finder pointed us to a different pharmacy to get that one for $12/month vs $110 elsewhere.

No fees to use this service either.

Kraschenbirn
03-12-2020, 09:50 AM
Yup...literally saved a couple hundred dollars on one prescription when their 'finder' showed me that my regular pharmacy didn't offer a generic for a med not covered on my Medicare Supplement and, then, pointed me toward another pharmacy just down the block that did.

Bill

Huskerguy
03-12-2020, 10:40 AM
I belonged to a health care cost sharing group for several years. It did not have drug coverage. I tried GoodRX and it worked great. It saved me a bunch of money and was really easy. There should be no fee to use it. They will give you the best price in your community along with some coupons from time to time.

I would also note that if you just go to a pharmacy and ask them to search they can often find a similar card or program. I have had people search for several places to find me the best deal. I cannot figure out how this works for Good Rx though but I do know it saved me a ton of money.

rockrat
03-12-2020, 10:51 AM
Saw the Doc on Friday and he printed out a GoodRx coupon for me to use for my prescription. I had received a message from the pharmacy that ins. wouldn't cover the prescription (I knew that) and that it was $1100 for a 90 day supply. With the coupon, it was a little over $26

Dapaki
03-12-2020, 10:58 AM
GoodRX came in very handy for my aunt when she was going through chemo, the pills weer sorted with date and times printed on them and helped IMMENSELY with keeping her on track.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-12-2020, 11:07 AM
While I have not used GoodRX to save money...yet.
I did use it to get some pricing, to see what my meds would cost me (after GoodRX discount), if I didn't have good insurance.

Anyway, I accessed GoodRX via the AAA website, I put in the prescription med name and my zip code, and got a bunch of prices for a couple online sellers and almost all the different drug stores in my area ...Except the one I use :(
But the info was very helpful. it was interesting to see the different discounted prices from different sellers.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-12-2020, 11:09 AM
GoodRX came in very handy for my aunt when she was going through chemo, the pills weer sorted with date and times printed on them and helped IMMENSELY with keeping her on track.

Was that through Pillpack?

Jniedbalski
03-12-2020, 11:42 AM
I used it also at Walmart. Saved a bunch of money. Then my Walmart quit using it so went to a small local pharmacy. So glad I did so much better service they know me by name and they usually always have my meds ready in two to three min. Walmart would take hours and hours and a lot of times they where out of my meds . Good Rx does work

kenyerian
03-12-2020, 11:45 AM
Mixed results. works on some and some it dont

Dapaki
03-12-2020, 11:48 AM
Was that through Pillpack?

It may have been, I may have gotten that turned around a little.

Cheeto303
03-12-2020, 11:52 AM
My Wife and I have had good results with GoodRX and we have Tricare as I'm retarded from the Army (327 Inf, 101st Airborne Hooah) and we both have VA benefits. ( She was a Seaman then came to her senses and joined the Army. Patriot missile crewman). We have used it for our dog scripts believe it or not and certain meds not covered by Tricare or VA.

jsizemore
03-12-2020, 12:26 PM
I've been using GoodRx for 4 years. It didn't cost me anything to use GoodRx. My prescriptions cost me $120/month. Doesn't sound like a deal but I used to mail order from Canada. Cost had gotten to $450/month. Stateside pharmacies had gotten to $900/month. I use it at 2 different pharmacies.

abunaitoo
03-12-2020, 06:47 PM
Anyone know if it works at Kaiser?????

Kraschenbirn
03-12-2020, 07:51 PM
Anyone know if it works at Kaiser?????

Go to the GoodRx website and enter the med you're looking for. You'll be asked to enter your ZIP code and that will generate a list of participating pharmacies and their prices for your area.

Bill

BeeMan
03-13-2020, 08:06 AM
In my limited experience Good Rx generally only matched the negiatiated pricing already in place for my insurance. Since it didn't save anything I don't bother with it. May be better than retail for someone with no or lousy insurance.

Outer Rondacker
03-13-2020, 09:00 AM
I have coverage but it did not cover some scrips due to bs reasons. I hit the cvs and heard the price. Almost 600 dollars. I left and on the way home pondered what toy I was going to offer up to you guys to cover the cost. The next morning the girl from the pharmacy called and said she had a goodrx coupon and I could get the prescription for 68 dollars. I said please fill it I am on my way and thank you. So it saves me 531 dollars every month.

ACC
03-13-2020, 09:29 AM
Has anyone tried GoodRX for their precriptions? It's a free app for smart phones. It looks like you pay $20. for an online doctor and get free coupons for drastic discounts for your scripts which you take to the drug store. The video on the sites says a script that may cost $150 normally you could get for a bit over $10. I've seen it advertised on TV, but that doesn't mean it's still not a scam. In most cases you wouldn't even use your insurance?

For someone who takes 13 pills three times a day, GoodRX is a life saver. I use it everytime even though I have drug coverage. It saves me a little more.

ACC

waksupi
03-13-2020, 12:32 PM
I had to pick up pre and post-op eye drops for cataract surgery yesterday. Didn't work for those, as they were pharmacy prep, rather than pharmaceuticals. Cost over $100 for two tiny bottles.

Battis
03-13-2020, 02:18 PM
One thing about GoodRX is that they will not tell you if you can get the drug cheaper somewhere else. I was all set to buy a drug through GoodRX that my insurance no longer covered, and for the heck of it I called my regular pharmacy and asked them what the price would be without insurance, and it was cheaper than GoodRX. In fact, it was cheaper than it had been with insurance.

Outer Rondacker
03-14-2020, 09:19 AM
Hum I don’t buy through goodrx I just use one of there coupons at my pharmacy.

Minerat
03-18-2020, 06:27 PM
My wife just picked up a prescription for a migraine drug $600+ for a month then paid $24.50 with Goodrx coupon.