PDA

View Full Version : Selling Out-Where to find gun values!

The Kaiser
11-18-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm thinking of selling out my collection of Black Powder Cartridge "stuff" including my 45/110 and 45/70 left hand stock Shiloh Sharps. Other than the obvious, Guns America, and the other sites that sell guns. Where do I look to find the value of these guns? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Gary

Bullshop
11-18-2008, 11:26 PM
So let me get this straight, you are asking the guys that might buy these guns what they think they are worth. Oh my you are a trusting man. Good thing for you there are some honest folks here.
I gotta tell ya I posted a gun for sale here for $200.00. I got an e-mail from a member and now moderator I think and he told me he realy wanted that rifle but it was worth more than I was asking and he wouldnt do that to me. On his advice I put it on auction and got over $1500.00 for it. Thats the kind of folks most here are.
Oh my I see you were clever enough to get arround the requirment for selling here. Pretty good deal selling without selling. I havnt seen that before. Whatever! Good fortune to ya!
BIC/BS

Just Duke
11-19-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm thinking of selling out my collection of Black Powder Cartridge "stuff" including my 45/110 and 45/70 left hand stock Shiloh Sharps. Other than the obvious, Guns America, and the other sites that sell guns. Where do I look to find the value of these guns? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Gary

You can sell them for what you paid for them.

The Kaiser
11-19-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm new here and probably should have read the rules on selling. I'm not 100 per cent sure I really want to sell them. I'm 63 years old and the sights are getting harder to see every year. Thought of putting a scope on one of them, but it would be like putting a scope on a Win. 30/30. Just can't do it. Thanks, Gary

missionary5155
11-19-2008, 05:56 PM
I would go to Gunbroker.com and watch several similar rifles go through the cycles and see what they are bringing. As you said you are not sure IF you want to sell so see what they are worth in the real world of what people will pay. There are firearms on Gunbroker that have been there for many months as some prices are beyond what people will pay.

catkiller45
11-20-2008, 12:34 PM
I have found that gun broker is not really a good place to sell either if you are asking a reasonable price..People want it for nothing....We have a dealer here that wouldn't give you a fair price if his life depended on it....I figure if you can get a fair offer it is better than a slap in the face....I guess it all depends on how much you really want for them...Good luck...John

madcaster
11-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Auction Arms is another good option...

EDG
11-20-2008, 10:52 PM
When I am buying the other guy's guns are priceless. When I am selling mine are worthless.

WBH
11-21-2008, 12:13 PM
EDG................

Ain't that the truth........

catkiller45
11-21-2008, 12:16 PM
when i am buying the other guy's guns are priceless. When i am selling mine are worthless.

so true man-so true.......sucks don't it....

texasmac
11-21-2008, 02:21 PM
I have sold many BPCR firearms on both GunBroker and GunsAmerica. GunBroker is a good source to determine the value of fireams, but don't go by the prices on the active listings. Do a smart search on completed auctions. The prices on the sold items are a much better indication, especially if several bidders are listed.

Wayne

EDK
11-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Try bpcr.net and some of the other black powder cartridge rifle sites. They have classifieds. +1 on see what the market looks like on gunbroker, gunsamerica, auctionarms, etc.

I wouldn't call the present time a good one to sell anything....buying is looking pretty good right now. The problem is who has money for a high dollar item like a SHILOH SHARPS? AND a left hand stock? You have a rather limited group of buyers.

I'm paying my bills, buying powder and primers, and looking for specific bargains in guns, moulds, etc.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

HEAD0001
11-23-2008, 12:39 AM
If I were wanting to sell something and try to determine the value of that item I think I would be posting detailed pictures?? Just my opinion. Tom.

Junior1942
11-23-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm new here and probably should have read the rules on selling. I'm not 100 per cent sure I really want to sell them. I'm 63 years old and the sights are getting harder to see every year. Thought of putting a scope on one of them, but it would be like putting a scope on a Win. 30/30. Just can't do it. Thanks, GaryFor $149 total to a good optometrist for an exam and a new pair of glasses, my 66 year old eyes now see iron sights better than in many years.

calaloo
11-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Junior has the right idea. Don't give up--- Adapt.

Bill

PatMarlin
11-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Also- get one of the merrit diopters. I bought one whilst I'm still young and can afford it.. :mrgreen:

The Kaiser
11-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Junior. Think I'll take your advise and see about getting some of those glasses. I really hate to get rid of them. A friend of mine has a pair of one power glasses that he got for his 30/30 and I'm going to see if that make things any better. Thanks to all that posted. Gary

Lucky Joe
11-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Junior. Think I'll take your advise and see about getting some of those glasses. I really hate to get rid of them. A friend of mine has a pair of one power glasses that he got for his 30/30 and I'm going to see if that make things any better. Thanks to all that posted. Gary

Whew, glad to hear your gonna give glasses a try.

seawolfjack
11-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Was left eye dominant lost the eye sight and now shoot right handed- am also 63- like the man said don't give up - adapt. Happy Shooting