PDA

View Full Version : Monstrum scopes

wch
03-08-2020, 02:12 AM
Anyone have any experience with these scopes?
Opinion at Amazon seems weighted toward "you get what you pay for".

tomme boy
03-08-2020, 02:55 AM
Some are good most are bad.

I have a 3x prism and it has held up to multiple drops off tables and benches and off the side of the truck.

GhostHawk
03-08-2020, 09:09 AM
I had one, died within 2 weeks. Did not even bother Amazon about it. Just threw it and replaced it with a Simmons which is still going strong.

I won't buy another.

Simmons scopes and Truglo Red Dots have proven themselves for me. YMMV.

jonp
03-08-2020, 09:22 AM
Bought one and a couple of mounts. Not bad for the money but just remember you get what you pay for.

reloader28
03-11-2020, 10:57 AM
If they can be replaced by a Simmons I would never consider one. Ive had several Simmons, Tasco, Bushnells because I was a cheapskate and they are all the same just a different name and none lasted very long for my shooting

FLINTNFIRE
03-11-2020, 03:47 PM
I have had a few simmons that held up to my 7mm rem mag and were clear and focused well , I used a 3-9 that came with that rifle for several years held zero and no issues , bought one though put on 22 and could watch reticle turning in scope with each shot called sent it in they fixed it , monstrum though is a cheap scope some come with add ons that are better then the scope laser or red dot come as add ons with some on amazon scope is not bright or clear simply put its low end and cheap