PDA

View Full Version : Lee APP press

44magLeo
03-06-2020, 09:47 PM
I just got am e-mail from Midsouth Shooters Supply. They have the Lee APP press in stock.
The add says it comes with the Automation package, 3 X-press Shell holders, breech lock bushing, Shell holder adapter, Feed tubes, Tube supports, Case sliders and Risers. All for a sale price of $75.49.
Almost tempted to get one at that price.
Just thought I ought to let you guys know.
Leo

Mollyboy
03-07-2020, 01:18 AM
Best news I have heard in 6 weeks.

GARD72977
03-07-2020, 06:15 AM
I got mine a couple days ago. The plastic piece that works as the auto feed was sticking on the rail. I got it working. This thing has lots of cheap plastic parts. I'm really worried about longetvity. Maybe some one will come out with some higher quality replacement parts.

onelight
03-07-2020, 09:08 AM
I got mine a couple days ago. The plastic piece that works as the auto feed was sticking on the rail. I got it working. This thing has lots of cheap plastic parts. I'm really worried about longetvity. Maybe some one will come out with some higher quality replacement parts.
Lee will probably have a parts kit available at some point in the future for the plastic parts , The one for the ABLP was about 10 or 15.00 and had all the plastic parts in it. I have one here so if I do break something I won't have to wait. I have only used mine so far for depriming cases prior to cleaning and it is a big time saver for me with pistol cases.

dverna
03-07-2020, 09:32 AM

When I saw the Midsouth ad I nearly ordered one....then...that little voice. How can they sell it that cheap? I would rather pay twice the price and get something that works well and reliably. Little plastic bits have the advantage of breaking first but then you need a few spares on hand. I will stay with my old, slow, Dillon for swaging primer pockets.

Waiting to see how it holds up for sizing cast bullets. That is about the only other function I need it for. I have a Star now but would sell it if the APP works.

No way it will work on initial sizing military cases...even my RC strains on some of them.

hpdrifter
03-07-2020, 09:46 AM
I'm loving mine so far. It is about 10X faster for depriming than anything I've seen or done.

It sizes my pistol bullets pretty swiftly also although a bullet collator would be real handy.

onelight
03-07-2020, 09:51 AM
I like the APP but I do think it's built to light for a steady diet of processing military brass .
My primary purpose for mine was a decapper with inexpensive case feeder/collator for pistol brass it is working great for that.

Dapaki
03-07-2020, 10:36 AM
I would love to see someone here buy one and cram a bunch of military brass through it until it breaks and write up a story about your thoughts.

No, sorry, it wont be me, I am a single stage boy, I like to open the barn, reload and watch the wildlife go by. I have no need for speed.

44magLeo
03-07-2020, 12:22 PM
You may not like having the plastic parts break, but would you like something that cost a lot more to break?
Keeping a few extra parts just in case is no big deal.
Lets say Lee did use metal parts instead of plastic. The whole unit would have to be made strong enough to withstand much greater strain than it needs to do the job it was designed to do. This might be ok for those who have a lot more money to spend than I do. For the jobs the Lee can't handle and shouldn't be use for, then break out the big guns.
I have an old CH alloy frame C press. Should I try to use it for loading 50BMG, or should I get a press designed for the task.
Lee make tooling that does most of the things most shooters need it to do. Will it withstand the stresses of doing the things 5 or 10 percent of loaders do? Probably not, but for those that need vey costly tooling then use it. Just stop knocking the rest of us.
We can't all afford $10,000 rifles so spending $10,000 to load for a $500 rifle don't really make sense.
Leo

Dimner
03-07-2020, 01:12 PM
The problem is, there is nothing else on the market right now that can do all the things the APP can do and is below $1000 bucks. I got mine yesterday and am having success swaging 556 primer pockets. I went into this knowing about the plastic parts. My thought process is that the base APP is a well built press with tempory plastic parts. I'll wait for some after market person to offer better designed and built versions. But for now, I'm using it just fine.

onelight
03-07-2020, 02:09 PM
That is good to hear Dimner , nice to hear from people doing it !
The whole outfit is cheaper than some die sets , I did not see it as a risk I was sure some of the functions would speed up my process.
And just for anyone who has not had the chance to use one , all the parts of the press under load are steel or aluminum the plastic parts are for case or bullet feeding and the catch bottle.

RedlegEd
03-07-2020, 09:47 PM
Hi all!,
Yesterday, I received my pre-ordered APP Deluxe Press kit from FS Reloading, and waited until today to play with it. Set up was straight forward and easy, and since I already had a spare Lee Bench plate, mounting was a snap. I wasted no time in hooking up my bullet feeder set up with a case feeding disk, and proceeded to size about 1500 - .45 ACP cases. It only took me about 2-1/2 hours, but I would have been finished much quicker if I could get the case feeder to work consistently, so I kept out-running it. I did learn a couple of things...for the feeder mechanism to work properly, you need to give the press a full up-stroke and down-stroke. I also used some silicone grease to lube the slide of the feed mechanism and it worked smoothly and effortlessly. I'm not at all worried about the plastic parts as they aren't stressed in use and I suspect will last a long time. Bottom line, I really, really like this press and can't wait to see how it works sizing bullets. For you guys still on the fence, you can't lose if you get it from MidSouthShooters for about $75.00.
Ed

258200 258201

GARD72977
03-09-2020, 04:00 AM
I have been able to use mine some more. It does great decapping but I can't get my primer pocket swager to work on 556 cases. I will get the bullet sizer set up p this week. That's the real reason I bought it anyway. Overall I like it.

redriverhunter
03-09-2020, 10:00 AM
I have been following the various post about the lee app, and I just purchased one yesterday. I think the most pita thing to do is put shell on and off the press. I don't mind when loading 20 but when I am doing a large batch of brass it gets old. I am hopping the app will make it all go bit better. Size bullets, deprime or size and deprime and seems like I could use to bell case mouth. I hope it works.

Springfield
03-09-2020, 10:40 AM
I set mine up yesterday to do it's main job, de-cap all my 44-40 brass as I have been getting dirty primer pockets lately. The plastic parts are worrisome but no problem so far. I do find that due to loose tolerance on the shell holder and the brass feeder that my cases tip and don't slide through the case holder without my straightening the case by hand. But is is still much faster than doing them one at a time in a single stage press, which is why I gave that up. I have ordered the 4 tube adapter kit as when using just the one tube with the LEE collater it tends to bend, as it is a very thin wall tube compared to the tubes on my Star. 4 tubes should be able to take the weight.

Mollyboy
03-09-2020, 09:53 PM
Lee advised removing the detent on the shell holder retainer will allow correct feeding. Only required on early shell holders. They say the shell holder must turn freely.

Dimner
03-09-2020, 11:26 PM
I have been able to use mine some more. It does great decapping but I can't get my primer pocket swager to work on 556 cases. I will get the bullet sizer set up p this week. That's the real reason I bought it anyway. Overall I like it.
What problems are you having with the swager? I have been able to go through around 400 cases over the weekend, so I might be able to help some.

onelight
03-10-2020, 12:10 AM
So far with mine set up with the 4 tube case feeder and collator it has fed 9mm , 38 special , 40 s&w , 44 special 45 acp and 45 colt with about 98% trouble free feeding after the initial setup adjustments for each case , it seems to catch all the primer waste I am using the universal Lee decaping die and have 3 of the shell holders with the primer groove and 3 without . It processes really fast . And would probably resize and decap at about the same speed if I chose to do it that way. A great little tool for my purpose.

JimA
03-10-2020, 05:00 AM
It's pretty slick as a cast boolit sizer. I've done a bunch of different sized powdercoated bullets and even sized a hundred .358 jacketed Speer 180 grainers to .356 to use in a .350 legend. I lightly sprayed some alcohol/lanolin mixture on the j words and let them dry. They went right through pretty easy. It took way less pressure than swaging primer pockets on .556 and .350 Legend brass.

Mollyboy
03-10-2020, 10:15 PM

Check the number of disc springs in your swage tool. There should be 5 and be sure they are stacked like the picture in the instructions. It won’t work with 6.

RedlegEd
03-14-2020, 10:04 PM
Hi all,
I also posted this on the other APP thread, (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?390198-It-s-official-Lee-will-be-releasing-an-quot-upside-down-quot-bullet-sizing-press&p=4850873&viewfull=1#post4850873) but thought you might like it as well. The short version is I made a soda bottle adapter to use instead of the pretty bottle they sent with the kit.
Ed

258612 258613 258614

etherwalker
03-15-2020, 01:48 AM
It seems to me that mounting a bin under the press will be simpler and higher capacity.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

onelight
03-15-2020, 10:43 AM
It seems to me that mounting a bin under the press will be simpler and higher capacity.

Both would be true. I am loading in my house now and really like that the primer waste is contained as much as possible . Actually I felt that way when I was loading in my shop to.

onelight
03-15-2020, 10:47 AM
At the Lee web-sight in the new product section has some adapters to mount 1 pound powder containers on the powder measure , It would bug me not being able to see my powder level in the measure , but it's tempting to not have to pour powder back and forth from container to measure.

mac60
03-15-2020, 10:51 AM

I struggled with swaging a few hundred 5.56 cases. I followed instructions and used the decapping/expansion/flaring die. The problem centered around case alignment. I decided to put a little flare on the case mouth with a Lee mouth flaring die - which helped a great deal. I didn't encounter this problem when swaging 7.62 brass.

Nodakjohns
03-19-2020, 02:35 PM
I like the current bottle for sizing my cast bullets. I do not think i really want to have more hanging under my press. That could end up being to much weight for the press. I size my 405 grain to .459 and that ends up being plenty of weight really quickly.

RedlegEd
04-02-2020, 07:51 PM
Hi all,
I posted this previously (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?397463-Lee-APP-press&p=4850876&viewfull=1#post4850876) about the soda bottle adapter I printed 3D to use soda bottles instead of the pretty jar Lee includes with the APP. Well, I tweaked it to now have Soda threads on both ends so you can put the cap back on the adapter and store your primer bottle until it fills up. It's available on Thingiverse here. (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4222678)
Ed
259567 259568 259569

GWS
04-02-2020, 08:10 PM
Very useful! While you are in the posting mood, share it with the guys at TheHighRoad.org......there's a few 3D printer owners there. Thanks for the post!

RedlegEd
04-02-2020, 11:08 PM
Very useful! While you are in the posting mood, share it with the guys at TheHighRoad.org......there's a few 3D printer owners there. Thanks for the post!

Hi GW,
Thanks for the suggestion. Posted here! (https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/modifications-to-the-lee-app.866281/)
Ed

44magLeo
04-03-2020, 04:50 PM
I spent some time thinking about the APP press. I figured I ought to get one now when the price is not so much.
I ordered it yesterday. If things go well it should be here by Wednesday or thereabouts.
When I get it set up and use it a bit I'll let you know how I like it.
Leo

LittleLebowski
04-09-2020, 12:07 PM
Mine is out for delivery now, very excited.

gsdelong
04-09-2020, 08:01 PM
I really like mine and have improved it considerably with 3D printed bullet and case feeders from thingverse

I had the 245gr Noe blackout boolit and it would fall over during the feeding process. I printed a tall plate that had a long hollow shaft instead of the tiny ring the originals had. 100% feeding with no issues.

I am experimenting with a funnel I printed that fits on the end of the clear tube that makes it easy to drop shells with my left hand while operating the press with my right hand speeds things up considerably.

LittleLebowski
04-11-2020, 02:14 PM
Could someone post pictures of your case feed mount for a dumb jarhead? I need to see more pictures than the sparse Lee instruction pamphlet.

LittleLebowski
04-11-2020, 03:14 PM
Also, how adjustable is the App swager? I assume one can only adjust the top part?

https://leeprecision.com/primer-pocket-swager/

44magLeo
04-11-2020, 04:17 PM
Mine has been delayed a bit. I checked the first email I got from Mid South and read it a bit closer. The Covid 19 has them behind abit. The social distancing thing and all that. They said it may take up to 14 days to ship. On the (th I got an email saying it was shipped.
Now it maybe here by Wednesday.
I'm getting a bit anxious. I have been casting some bullets to try.
I have some 357 and 44 mag cases I can run through to see how it decaps and sizes.
I might even try it on the 223 with the collet neck sizer.
Leo

GWS
04-11-2020, 06:06 PM
Also, how adjustable is the App swager? I assume one can only adjust the top part?

https://leeprecision.com/primer-pocket-swager/

You assume right. I adjusted it wrong at first and there was no way it would work....so follow directions.:roll: This is a case of "less is more." If you can't lower the press arm with about 25# force to its normal stops the inside rod is adjusted too deep. It still is harder to use than a Dillon or RCBS bench swager (each properly adjusted) But then they don't have a feeder, so overall it's still worthwhile. Know that all swagers have difficulties with very hard (old) brass spring-back. So sometimes in those cases you have to swage again. Fairly recent LC or other military brass should work best.

44magLeo
04-11-2020, 06:17 PM
On my Dillon I swage case once turn it 180 * and swage again. I think this helps the pocket be more concentric.
Leo

LittleLebowski
04-11-2020, 06:32 PM
You assume right. I adjusted it wrong at first and there was no way it would work....so follow directions.:roll: This is a case of "less is more." If you can't lower the press arm with about 25# force to its normal stops the inside rod is adjusted too deep. It still is harder to use than a Dillon or RCBS bench swager (each properly adjusted) But then they don't have a feeder, so overall it's still worthwhile. Know that all swagers have difficulties with very hard (old) brass spring-back. So sometimes in those cases you have to swage again. Fairly recent LC or other military brass should work best.

Tell me this, on other swagers (Hornady), my experience is that there is a noticeable hard push, then a pronounced rebound. This is much less noticeable on the App, what is your experience with the same?

GWS
04-11-2020, 07:27 PM
Tell me this, on other swagers (Hornady), my experience is that there is a noticeable hard push, then a pronounced rebound. This is much less noticeable on the App, what is your experience with the same?

Haven't seen a Hornady, but on the RCBS press mounted swager.....lots of leverage meant barely noticeable slip in, the stop, then very noticeable pull to get the darn button out of the primer pocket....hated that part.

Haven't used a Dillon, but the RCBS bench swager is similar and is nearly no effort at all......but it has no casefeeder!....and no swager has any guarantee that the metal didn't spring back some to make seating a primer a PIA. So with the RCBS Bench swager when I used the Trim Mate to to uniform pocket depth.....IF it didn't just slide in the uniformer, I had the military reamer just behind to ream it just a tad so I could then uniform it and thus guarantee my progressive wouldn't have a hickup. ;)

Video of that (much slower) operation below: (steps illustrated: swage, then uniform pocket depth for my progressive, then deburr the flash hole.)

Https://vimeo.com/385807496

BTW the one that didn't work in the video still had a spent primer in it :roll:......took me long enough to look....doh........

LittleLebowski
04-11-2020, 08:43 PM
Haven't seen a Hornady, but on the RCBS press mounted swager.....lots of leverage meant barely noticeable slip in, the stop, then very noticeable pull to get the darn button out of the primer pocket....hated that part.

Haven't used a Dillon, but the RCBS bench swager is similar and is nearly no effort at all......but it has no casefeeder!....and no swager has any guarantee that the metal didn't spring back some to make seating a primer a PIA. So with the RCBS Bench swager when I used the Trim Mate to to uniform pocket depth.....IF it didn't just slide in the uniformer, I had the military reamer just behind to ream it just a tad so I could then uniform it and thus guarantee my progressive wouldn't have a hickup. ;)

Video of that (much slower) operation below: (steps illustrated: swage, then uniform pocket depth for my progressive, then deburr the flash hole.)

Https://vimeo.com/385807496

BTW the one that didn't work in the video still had a spent primer in it :roll:......took me long enough to look....doh........

Yeah...that video makes the Lee App look like a motorized Dillon 1050 :D

The Lee App is gonna give a lot of us more free time, methinks.

LittleLebowski
04-11-2020, 08:48 PM

I’m not a fan, I don’t like primer dust aesthetically nor from a health standpoint. On my Dillon 650, I route my spent primers to a milk jug with mineral oil inside, all of the waste and dust stays right there.

44magLeo
04-13-2020, 03:54 PM
Ok, I got my APP on the 11th. Not bad for being shipped on the 9th.
Anyway, I got it on the bench. I first tied it with FL sizing some 250 Sav brass. I think it takes a bit less effort on the APP than on the Challenger.
I then set up the case feeder on the same cases. It worked pretty well. I do need to spend a bit more time fine tuning it. On the cases I used the Xpress shell holder worked fine. not much resistance of the case from the die. On cases that do have more resistance then using a regular shell holder is a good idea.
I might get a universal decap die. I like Lee's They have the stock decap rod and sell caliber specific rods that help align the case in the shell holder and die so the decap pin is less apt to get broke from hitting the case.
I then tried it sizing some cast boolits. I have the old style Lee kits. I got out the 430 kit I opened up to .432.
I have an NOE 44 cal 265 gr RFN boolit mold. I lubed with A 50-50 mix of Lee Alox and Johnson's liquid wax.
I need a bit of time with this too. The boolits sometimes they tip at the die. I think I need to play with adjusting the screw for the jaws.
The boolits sized easily. They come out of the mold about .4322 to .4327. So they are not sized much.
I have a Lee mold for the 303B It drops a 185 gr boolit. I use it in my Mosin Nagant 7.62x54R. I need to try that boolit through the APP too.
So far I am very pleased with this press. Well worth the money. It does take a bit of time to figure out it's idiosyncrasies. Buyt most anything new take the same sort of time.
When sizing boolits I took the lock ring off the die. Used a regular breech lock bushing in the bottom of the APP. I put the lock ring that cokes with the bottle top and threaded it all the way on the die. Slip the bottle cover on the die and threaded the die up into the bushing. till the end was not quite flush with the rail, then screw the bottle cap up snug to lock the die on place. Screwed the bottle on and did the sizing. Worked very well.
The bottles cap has a couple tabs on it that I think get used when it's mounted on the Lee PPM. These tabs make the cap screw up a bit crooked the way I used it. I could shave off the tabs but it worked find as is.
I then went to Lee's site and looked up the way they say to use the old style size kits on the APP. I dii pretty much the same but hooked the bottle on.
Lee said this bottle cap also fits on most powder bottles. I tried it and it fits the ones I have.
So instead of 3d printed adapters for soda bottles just use an empty powder bottle. When not catching primers just unscrew the bottle and put the cap back on.
I like the deal from Mid South. It came with the automation kit. Some places want the same money for just the APP.
I doubt I'll get the primer pocket swage kit. I don't deal with crimped primers much.
If I start casting more sizes of boolits I will get Lee's new style boolit sizer. The body that uses bushings.
It does come with the new style breech lock bushing with a st screw that you tighten with the wrench. I think I like. Enough to convert all my dies to, not really, the cost would be a bit much.
As a lock ring to use on a progressive where a bit more torque on the nut might be needed this will be plenty. No more mangled lock ring from pliers or end wrenches.
The wrench may be plastic it is plenty strong. If you break one you are tightening them too much.
The lock rings screw should be a Allen head screw. The Phillips head screwdrivers I have are a bit to big in the shank. It won't line up straight in the screw.
I recommend this press to all. Even if you only use it for boolit sizing it's worth it. It makes the task very quick. And much less apt to pinch fingers.
Leo

LittleLebowski
04-13-2020, 07:53 PM
I’m slowly wrapping my head around how to set up this little bugger, but I like it. Next on my to-do list is either doing the fender washer trick on the collator to fix the occasional upside 9mm cases, or rigging a way to use my Dillon casefeeder with the Lee App, perhaps with this part? https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/mrbulletfeeder-output-spring-and-extension-adaptor

LittleLebowski
04-13-2020, 08:10 PM
Getting there, just need to modify the collator to prevent upside down 9mm cases.

https://youtu.be/Qz1RvjCnvqE

GWS
04-13-2020, 08:37 PM
The easiest and very effective way is to cut 4 pieces of 9/16" OD thinwall tubing .79" long and drop them in each hole. They will be loosey, but it doesn't matter....easier to remove them. But the result is 9mm cannot go in backwards, unless you dump them in that way......works for .40 as well. Turn the collator upside down and dump them out when you are through so you can collate .45.

Do load the brass from the sides carefully so they are all laying sideways before you start shaking.

LittleLebowski
04-13-2020, 09:29 PM
Ordered some of that tubing, thank you GWS!

GWS
04-13-2020, 10:03 PM
I found the best way to cut that stuff is to lay it in the opening of a bench vice opened a bit smaller so it makes a cradle for it, and then use a hack saw. Then it cleans up smooth as a baby's butt by touching the ends to the side of your bench grinder......so cut them just a lil long to compensate. You'll have to figure your own idea to present it square to the grinder.....I just eyeball it....sometimes I even do pretty good.

I've used a lot of that stuff in the past 10 years.....use them on my H.M. case feeder for my Pro 2000 among other things.

Kenstone
04-14-2020, 11:37 AM
Att: @GWS

What would be really cool (to me) would be something that would funnel de-prime/de-capped brass coming off the APP back into tubes for the case feeder.
You would need extra tubes, not a lot of $, but the refilled tubes could be used to feed a progressive or run back thru the APP again for primer pocket swaging, etc.
The same deal for bullet sizing, sized bullets coming off the APP caught in tubes to be used for the bullet feeding die on a progressive.

I don't have a APP but if I did this is something I'd be working on :coffee:
:mrgreen:

GWS
04-14-2020, 12:29 PM
That could be as simple as using the Lee collator (for pistol) or my modified one (for rifle) instead of the more typical bin for the outlet.....more tubes like you said....since you are still using the first four in the feeder.

You just have to drill a hole through the bottom sides of the tubes and stick a hitch pin clip through it to keep them until you can mount them into the feeder again. Just keep an eye out for cases dropping in the holes upside down on the way in (or temporarily plug the four holes with dowels). When done with that operation, mount the tubes in the feeder and start shaking.;)

Good idea! Might be a great step saver. (and time saver)

Kenstone
04-14-2020, 12:44 PM
That could be as simple as using the Lee collator (for pistol) or my modified one (for rifle) instead of the more typical bin for the outlet.....more tubes like you said....since you are still using the first four in the feeder.

You just have to drill a hole through the bottom sides of the tubes and stick a hitch pin clip through it to keep them until you can mount them into the feeder again. Just keep an eye out for cases dropping in the holes upside down on the way in (or temporarily plug the four holes with dowels). When done with that operation, mount the tubes in the feeder and start shaking.;)

Good idea! Might be a great step saver. (and time saver)

You mean hitch pins, like these:
My tube are 3' so I put a pin top and bottom.
Exit collection tube need not to be vertical, say 45 degrees would be enough to allow cases or bullets to slide to the bottom of the tube against the pin.

GWS
04-14-2020, 01:10 PM
I already have an extra four 9/16 OD tubes with hitch pin clips in the bottom, that I have used for my Home Made RCBS Pro 2000 case feeder for years. Yep, 36", but the extra weight of cases 36" high may be a stabilizing problem for Lee's little feeder.....sure to be with heavy boolits in them. I'll have to give it a try. I do have more new tubes that could be cut to Lee's length specs if needed.

See, being stuck at home in quarantine isn't all bad....;)

Kenstone
04-14-2020, 01:17 PM
I already have an extra four 9/16 OD tubes with hitch pin clips in the bottom, that I have used for my Home Made RCBS Pro 2000 case feeder for years. Yep, 36", but the extra weight of cases 36" high may be a stabilizing problem for Lee's little feeder.....sure to be with heavy boolits in them. I'll have to give it a try. I do have more new tubes that could be cut to Lee's length specs if needed.

See, being stuck at home in quarantine isn't all bad....;)

Ha-ha
All my presses mount in the same place on my bench, one at a time, so I have a Sky Hook above to support the 3' tubes
I have that revolver tube thing from Lee too, but find the added indexing step a pain, and have reverted to using the long tubes, for now.

44magLeo
04-17-2020, 05:44 PM
I found the longer skinnier boolits take a bit more time on setting the drop tube in the right place.
Once you get it right it feeds very well. Occasionally a boolit can tip and you have to fiddle with it.
I think the end of the top part that clips on the slider should have the ring be thicker, as thick as the rest of that part. This would help the boolit stay straighter.
Have a wider assortment of drop tube diameters so you could get one closer to boolit diameter would help boolit tipping.
It does work well even so.
When doing the 30 cal boolits I took the next size larger drop tube and slipped it on the one I was using and taped it in place. This let me put almost 30 boolits in the tube. I needed to stabilize the top. Tried it just to see if twice the weight would effect how it worked. It had no effect on function. it just let you run longer before you had to refill. The 30 boolits took about 30 seconds to run through.
Leo

LittleLebowski
04-17-2020, 11:23 PM
Ha-ha
All my presses mount in the same place on my bench, one at a time, so I have a Sky Hook above to support the 3' tubes
I have that revolver tube thing from Lee too, but find the added indexing step a pain, and have reverted to using the long tubes, for now.

Where did you get the long tubes?

GWS
04-18-2020, 10:06 AM
I get my 36" long Lees-thinwall-rigid-tubing-clear here: (another Lee company)

https://www.petmountain.com/product/lees-thinwall-rigid-tubing-clear

They come in 1/16" o.d. increments and telescope into each other. 9/16 o.d. works for the 4-way Universal feeder....but it comes with 4 shorter ones. I use everything from 7/16" to 5/8" for reloading projects.

My current one is the making of a no motor rifle bullet collater for my RCBS Rifle Tube Bullet Feeders (.223 &.308) which are my latest RCBS excitement. They work 100% efficient for a progressive, and like an M die, stick them sure and straight....but you either have to buy a MBF or MYO. I tend to do the money saving MYO.;)

About finished....when I do I'll post it. MYO rifle case feeders using Lee's shaker was easy.....bullet collating is another thing, but I think I've found a way.

mac60
04-19-2020, 06:03 PM
Yesterday, I f/l sized 400 .357 mag. cases in my app. Used a Lee carbide f/l size die. It went extremely well, it took very little time. Aside from 2 cases that came through the case feed upside down - no hangups or issues whatsoever. If only it had a little more leverage. The roller handle upgrade might help things a little.