PDA

View Full Version : S&W 5904 vs. Mississippi LEO Handgun Qualification

Hrfunk
02-29-2020, 09:32 AM
This is the first qualification course video I've been able to record lately. I hope you all like it!

Howard

https://youtu.be/g7-hSLpCBok

rintinglen
02-29-2020, 11:38 AM
I don’t know how cold it was but it seemed like you were a little challenged in hanging onto the 5904. I really liked this course from the standpoint of an instructor. It would be easy to keep track of everybody on the line, while still allowing a good evaluation of most of skills required of a competent marksman. Add a stage of moving to cover, and I would call this great.

Hrfunk
02-29-2020, 11:53 AM
I don’t know how cold it was but it seemed like you were a little challenged in hanging onto the 5904. I really liked this course from the standpoint of an instructor. It would be easy to keep track of everybody on the line, while still allowing a good evaluation of most of skills required of a competent marksman. Add a stage of moving to cover, and I would call this great.

I agree. This course kind of impressed me as I was shooting it. With a tweak or two, it would be even better. By the way, even though it was sunny, it was still cold. Temp was in the mid 20's.

Howard

rintinglen
02-29-2020, 12:54 PM
Cold enough! No gloves and light clothing, no wonder the gun was wobbly.

Hrfunk
02-29-2020, 06:25 PM
Cold enough! No gloves and light clothing, no wonder the gun was wobbly.

I just finished recording the one for next week. This one was T-shirt and shorts weather compared to that one!

Howard