PDA

View Full Version : Ever Find An Old Friend Collecting Dust?

jonp
02-28-2020, 06:35 PM
I was cleaning out the safe the other day to see what was in there and find a few that I was thinking of selling. After moving some boxes and ammo there in the back I saw a revolver and pulled it out. My Combat Masterpiece, covered with oil that I had put in there sometime. I pulled the hammer back a few times and tried to remember the last time I had actually pulled the trigger on a target. Last year? Hmm...I took it upstairs, wiped it down and got out the makings for a hundred 148gr wadcutters I'm going to let loose tomorrow.

tazman
02-28-2020, 07:17 PM
Good plan.

Good Cheer
02-28-2020, 07:29 PM
Sunday afternoon in the fifties. Casting day.

Budzilla 19
02-28-2020, 07:49 PM
Yep, I have found an old friend in my safe. 6 years ago, some guy needed some cash,(ya'll know where this is going), so I gave a nice sum of money for a practically new Remington Nylon 66 .22 rifle. Took it out, cleaned it up some, grabbed some Remington Thunderbolts, ( don't judge me, its all I could find at the moment), and proceeded to put all 14 shots in one ragged hole at 25 yards!!!!!!! Not too bad for old eyes and open sights. Yeah, it'll shoot.

Green Frog
03-02-2020, 11:06 AM
“Organized people never make the exciting discoveries I do!” I’m still looking for the pre-War S&W Regulation Police I stashed somewhere a couple of years ago. I need it as the foundation for a project. :roll:

On a positive note, Saturday night I moved a stack of empty cigar boxes that had been accumulating for several years and rediscovered the box of Schuetzen loading tools I hadn’t seen for nearly a decade! Life is good. :) Now, where did I put my keys? :(

Froggie

tazman
03-02-2020, 05:05 PM
“Organized people never make the exciting discoveries I do!” I’m still looking for the pre-War S&W Regulation Police I stashed somewhere a couple of years ago. I need it as the foundation for a project. :roll:

On a positive note, Saturday night I moved a stack of empty cigar boxes that had been accumulating for several years and rediscovered the box of Schuetzen loading tools I hadn’t seen for nearly a decade! Life is good. :) Now, where did I put my keys? :(

Froggie

I understand where you are coming from. The only difference being, I may lose my keys, my accessories, my wife, or my mind, but I know precisely where every firearm I own is located.
Some of them will be a bit difficult for others to find, but I know where they are.

jonp
03-02-2020, 06:00 PM
I understand where you are coming from. The only difference being, I may lose my keys, my accessories, my wife, or my mind, but I know precisely where every firearm I own is located.
Some of them will be a bit difficult for others to find, but I know where they are.

I'm with you there. I'd somehow forgotten that SW 14 maybe because I shoo the SW15 more and my wife loves the Chiefs Special. I know right where the guns are put, I'd just forgotten I put it there!

It also is just as accurate as I remember. Nice 148gr WC over Promo. That gun sure makes me look good.

Winger Ed.
03-02-2020, 06:20 PM
Ya need to shoot it.

I worked with a kid that inherited a gun.
I told him he needed to take it out and shoot it.
I almost had him convinced guns will get 'lot rot' like a car does if you don't start & drive it for a long time.

dverna
03-02-2020, 08:19 PM
I once “lost” a Beretta 92 for about 6 months.

Four weeks ago I found a Ruger M77 I thought I has sold 8-10 years ago.

Hello, my name is Don. I am a gunaholic.

Texas by God
03-02-2020, 08:40 PM
I still suspect my blue heeler Floyd in the missing custom Hi-point caper. It was in a Ruger rug on top of a short cabinet- until it wasn't...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Green Frog
03-03-2020, 09:53 AM

Invariably, when I finally do find the prodigal gun or other item, I immediately remember why I put it right there and usually even when I put it there. I have a condition known to the medical profession as “Half-Timers’” Disease... I can only remember stuff about half the time. :confused:

Froggie

30calflash
03-03-2020, 10:29 AM
Found a 586 4" in the safe I'd purchased, put away and forgot about. PD trade in w some bluing missing and a few rust specks on the backstrap. That's what got me to look at it closer.

Took it out thereafter and shot it a fair amount. It's funny how the one(s) you can't recall using for XXX amount of time turn out to be a favorite heavy hitter once you break them out.

Poygan
03-03-2020, 10:33 AM
My 586 was not my favorite initially but now it is one of my favorites.

Gunners Mate
03-03-2020, 10:57 PM
Found a Colt SAA in 44 mag Yes its a 44 mag and it's a Colt don't remember buying or shooting it cannot find anything on Colt SAA 44 mag on the internet and I am still missing a new Surgeon Action