PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on parts....

Der Gebirgsjager
02-28-2020, 01:12 PM
Here's two items currently available that I've seen several threads in the past where they were being searched for:

www.gunpartscorp.com Item 499720 new replacement firing pin for Japanese Type 99 rifle $54.75 + shipping.
www.jgsales.com Item 7-3015 M2 Carbine stocks, one $29.95, more than one $19.95 each + shipping. Comes with hand guard.

The picture of the firing pin looks to be of high quality. They seem expensive, but considering that they're usually unobtainable and are brand new instead of used,they are probably worth the price.

The stocks appear well used, and are said to come with some metal parts which will likely be rusty. The origin of the stocks is not specified, and they may be S. Korean take-offs and/or of S. Korean manufacture. They look like they would refinish nicely and are advertised to be without cracks.

DG

nicholst55
03-13-2020, 12:19 AM
Here's two items currently available that I've seen several threads in the past where they were being searched for:

www.gunpartscorp.com Item 499720 new replacement firing pin for Japanese Type 99 rifle $54.75 + shipping.
www.jgsales.com Item 7-3015 M2 Carbine stocks, one $29.95, more than one $19.95 each + shipping. Comes with hand guard.

The picture of the firing pin looks to be of high quality. They seem expensive, but considering that they're usually unobtainable and are brand new instead of used,they are probably worth the price.

The stocks appear well used, and are said to come with some metal parts which will likely be rusty. The origin of the stocks is not specified, and they may be S. Korean take-offs and/or of S. Korean manufacture. They look like they would refinish nicely and are advertised to be without cracks.

DG

The stocks I'm seeing are advertised as "Used, and will show repairable cracks, gouges, nicks, and scratches, and often some sanded areas around the buttplate."

https://www.jgsales.com/military-surplus-m1-carbine-stock,-in-m2-configuration,-with-handguard,-used.-p-89244.html

Der Gebirgsjager
03-13-2020, 11:09 AM
It's been almost 2 weeks...."Strike while the iron is hot."

FLINTNFIRE
03-13-2020, 12:42 PM
hit it on the head strike with all your might boy while the iron is red I heard that from a old friend who sailed on the heavy cruiser san francisco