PDA

View Full Version : GUYS WITH LATHES! I need sizing die bushings (similar to LEE)

JKH
11-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping someone here with a hobby lathe and a bit of spare time can help me out, years ago I bought a sizing die for taking .323 jacketed 8mm bullets down to .318 for an old 88 comission style sporter.

This die screws into a loading press just like the LEE sizing die but with a big difference, the one I have uses interchangeable bushings that are 1/2" tall and .620" in diameter with the bore made for whatever bullet size you want. I bought this around 15 years ago from an older gentleman that manufactured them and can not find any info about the die or him.

I would love to work out a deal with someone to make me more bushings, I currently need one in .308, but want some for cast bullets in .309, .324, .319, .453, .356

They are just made from tool steel round stock (the outside diameter and height are not critical), the originals have a straight bore with one side chamfered for the bullet to start and the bore is polished (doesnt have to be a mirror finish but decently smooth). I think it would be best to have a slight taper to the bore for the first .010" along with the chamfer.

So, if anyone out there wants to do some wheelin and dealin please drop me a line, I would prefer to swap stuff but am not advers to paying cash if the price is reasonable, I'll even to the final polishing if you can get them smooth and to size.

Best way to get hold of me is by e-mail at; jkhampshire AT verizon.net

Thanks!

Jeff

MtGun44
11-17-2008, 09:52 PM
PM Lathesmith.

He makes really nice dies for Star lubesizers, excellent internal finish, would
probably work great for your app if you get the hardened version for a few
dollars more.

Bill

georgeld
11-22-2008, 03:36 AM
JKH:
e/mail me: georgeld@hotmail.com

Your dimensions are wrong pard.
Whats the OD?

JKH
12-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey Guys,

Lathesmith fixed me up with some absolutley gorgeous sizing bushings at a great price! Perhaps a copy of the sizer I have with interchangeable bushings may be available down the road, or a mod for LEE push through sizers to allow the use of different bushings.

Thanks again for those who responded.

Jeff