PDA

View Full Version : Uberti S&W Schofield - Review

Hrfunk
02-22-2020, 09:32 AM
This one was a lot of fun to make. I hope y'all like it!

Howard

https://youtu.be/D2KuyW8wPQo

Larry Gibson
02-22-2020, 02:38 PM
That was a fun video.....nice sense of humor......

Hrfunk
02-22-2020, 04:20 PM
Thank you Larry!

Howard

onelight
02-22-2020, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the review great job, those sure are good looking revolvers.

Hrfunk
02-24-2020, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the review great job, those sure are good looking revolvers.

Thank you! I really like the way they look too!

Howard

square butte
02-24-2020, 08:22 AM
Sure enjoyed that one - But then i enjoy all of your videos. Your gonna have to take a few lessons in western speak though :)

Hrfunk
02-24-2020, 09:21 AM
Sure enjoyed that one - But then i enjoy all of your videos. Your gonna have to take a few lessons in western speak though :)

Ha, ha! Sorry! I did my best. I was trying to channel every old west character I ever saw on TV. I almost didn't do it because I was afraid some people might think I was making fun of them. I absolutely was not. Rather, I was just trying to have fun with the video and make it more entertaining.

Howard

square butte
02-24-2020, 10:07 AM
Ya did good - Just remember, We are not laughing with you - We are laughing at you :) Hope you will take no offense at the previous statement and an old mans attempt at humor. I truly do love your qualification videos. Worked for the US Forest Service. My companion was usually a S & W model 66. On another note - I wound up with the 5906 that you were longing for earlier in your LE career. Mine has the adjustable rear sights with side protection wings. Great gun - but large.

Hrfunk
02-24-2020, 12:03 PM
Ya did good - Just remember, We are not laughing with you - We are laughing at you :) Hope you will take no offense at the previous statement and an old mans attempt at humor. I truly do love your qualification videos. Worked for the US Forest Service. My companion was usually a S & W model 66. On another note - I wound up with the 5906 that you were longing for earlier in your LE career. Mine has the adjustable rear sights with side protection wings. Great gun - but large.

No problem. As long as I'm getting people to laugh, I figure I'm providing service. That 5906 is still a great pistol. A little heavy, maybe, by today's standards but otherwise a fine pistol. And, then there's the Model 66, ahh the Combat Magnum!

Howard

smoked turkey
02-24-2020, 10:00 PM
Thanks Howard for another fine gun review. I too enjoyed the fun part of this particular project. I agree that it is a very fine firearm and one I would have fun with just like you. From the looks of the empty cases it appeared you were shooting 45 Colt as opposed to the 45 S&W Schofield. I have recently been messing around with some of the cowboy action loading and rather enjoying the low recoil aspect of them. They are accurate too. Thanks again Howard for another entertaining and informative video.
Stan

Hrfunk
02-25-2020, 12:00 PM
Thanks Howard for another fine gun review. I too enjoyed the fun part of this particular project. I agree that it is a very fine firearm and one I would have fun with just like you. From the looks of the empty cases it appeared you were shooting 45 Colt as opposed to the 45 S&W Schofield. I have recently been messing around with some of the cowboy action loading and rather enjoying the low recoil aspect of them. They are accurate too. Thanks again Howard for another entertaining and informative video.
Stan

You're welcome Stan. The revolver I was using is, indeed, chambered for the .45 Colt cartridge. At the beginning of the shooting portion of the video (when there is snow in the background) I was shooting handloads that were provided by this revolver's owner. They ended up causing a problem because they were a little too hot for the Schofield. In the latter portion of the video (no snow) I was shooting cowboy loads with a 255 grn LRNFP bullet, and it was much more pleasant to shoot. You might have also noticed it was pretty accurate.

Howard

rintinglen
02-25-2020, 01:34 PM
Howdy, Partner, That there was a mighty fine video bout that there eyetalyon shootin’ iron.
I sure got a kick out of your “western” accent. One thing I learned about top-break revolvers is to push the handle down, and not the barrel. It lessens the chance of an empty case getting caught under the extractor ring and tying up the gun, which could be dangerous when dealing with the “Mc-cans-les” clan.

Hrfunk
02-25-2020, 02:40 PM
Howdy, Partner, That there was a mighty fine video bout that there eyetalyon shootin’ iron.
I sure got a kick out of your “western” accent. One thing I learned about top-break revolvers is to push the handle down, and not the barrel. It lessens the chance of an empty case getting caught under the extractor ring and tying up the gun, which could be dangerous when dealing with the “Mc-cans-les” clan.

Thanks! I'll give that a try. You never can have too many tricks up your sleeve when yer' dealin' with the Clan.

Howard