PDA

View Full Version : ITAR/ International Shiiping Changes

Sagebrush7
02-18-2020, 03:21 PM
ITAR/USML III changes coming March 9th.

Here is a link: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/01/23/2020-00573/control-of-firearms-guns-ammunition-and-related-articles-the-president-determines-no-longer-warrant

Looks like small retail orders of ammunition components will be legal soon? My head hurts reading all that...

Wayne Smith
02-19-2020, 08:57 AM
I got maybe halfway through it and mine does too!

bullet maker 57
02-19-2020, 04:14 PM
My head exploded. Need a valium. Just sayin.

john.k
02-20-2020, 08:08 AM
Can anyone who has read this tell me if barrels are now able to be exported without the high fee for paperwork etc.

Sagebrush7
02-26-2020, 04:36 PM
This legal speak is confusing. It says the barrels are controlled under USML Category 1 and 2. Best I can tell they are still under ITAR.

Here is a list I found online:

The following items will still be ITAR-controlled after the adoption of the amendments:

Silencers, mufflers and sound suppressors;
Barrels, receivers (frames), bolts, bold carriers, slides and sears “specially designed” for the items covered under the newly revised USML Category I (a), (b) and (d);
Drum and other magazines for firearms to .50 caliber (12.7 mm) inclusive with a capacity greater than 50 rounds, regardless of jurisdiction of the firearm, and specially designed parts and components therefor;
Parts and components specially designed for conversion of a semiautomatic firearm to a fully automatic firearm;
Accessories or attachments specially designed to automatically stabilize aim (other than gun rests) or for automatic targeting, and specially designed parts and components therefor;
Parts and components specially designed for defense articles described in newly revised Category I (c) and (e);
Certain ammunition handling equipment; and
Gun barrels, rails, tubes, and receivers specially designed for the weapons controlled in paragraphs (a) and (d) of the revised USML category II.