PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Biblical passage

Dufferin
02-11-2020, 06:41 PM
Ecclesiastics 10, verse 2. Look it up if you are curious ,

CastingFool
02-11-2020, 08:53 PM
It gets even better when you look up left in latin. It means sinister.

Thundarstick
02-11-2020, 11:31 PM

Makes one think, don't it?

a danl
02-12-2020, 01:23 PM

that verse should be above the house of representatives right above nancy's head

dtknowles
02-12-2020, 11:17 PM
that verse should be above the house of representatives right above nancy's head

Do you really think that biblical verse is referring to left and right as currently understood in our U.S. political divisions?

Here it is clear most here believe that the Right is more correct than Progressives they call the Left. If you use the terms Conservatives and Progressives then how does the verse play?

This post was not deeply theological it is deeply political and belongs in the Pit.

Tim

Thundarstick
02-13-2020, 11:00 AM
Do you really think that biblical verse is referring to left and right as currently understood in our U.S. political divisions?

Here it is clear most here believe that the Right is more correct than Progressives they call the Left. If you use the terms Conservatives and Progressives then how does the verse play?

This post was not deeply theological it is deeply political and belongs in the Pit.

Tim

So what do you think these verses refer to?

a danl
02-13-2020, 01:59 PM

Tim

to answer your first question,,,,,,,,,,,YEP

1hole
02-13-2020, 05:47 PM
a danl, I've lived a long time and had a lot of experience with many classes of people in the trenches while helping people; I totally agree with you about left and right mindsets.

No broad brush evaluation of people can be totally correct across the board of course but I've had lots of events and reasons to note that leftists tend to get in the way while making a lot of noise and trying to boss others around when things go bad. Rightists usually just start to work doing what they can where ever they are. Even if it means going through waist-deep flood water at night while lightning is flashing all around, or crawling through mud, guts and blood or over wreckage and busted glass, or clawing their way down mountain gorges and then sweating their way back up while gently carrying heavy loaded litters. Etc.

Truth is, I don't recall ever seeing a "progressive" with bloody, dirty hands or sweat soaked clothes while actually helping anyone. Nope, that's not their thing; they mostly pontificate and protest about what others don't do! City progressives commonly gather in obscene chanting mobs to scream and throw bricks (and stray boxes of poop) at rightest people who aren't "helping" their social issue of the day enough.

It seems to me that right/left hand of scripture directly addresses much of today's idiotic American "PC woke" society. God help us return a measure of sanity to our radical leftists.

dtknowles
02-13-2020, 10:34 PM
So what do you think these verses refer to?

Right and wrong, correct and incorrect. Jesus will be on God's right hand side.

To be left handed does not make one evil or wrong. Being on the left side politically does not make one wrong either. It does not make one right either. God is in the center, God is the center but God is right.

Tim

dtknowles
02-13-2020, 10:47 PM
....Truth is, I don't recall ever seeing a "progressive" with bloody, dirty hands or sweat soaked clothes while actually helping anyone. Nope, that's not their thing; they mostly pontificate and protest about what others don't do! City progressives commonly gather in obscene chanting mobs to scream and throw bricks (and stray boxes of poop) at rightest people who aren't "helping" their social issue of the day enough.........

So I guess Jimmy Carter and his Habitats for Humanity are a bunch of right wing conservatives.

Tim

1hole
02-14-2020, 02:26 PM
So I guess Jimmy Carter and his Habitats for Humanity are a bunch of right wing conservatives.

Ah Timmy, a mighty swing and a total miss.

Jimmy Carter is a liberal, a social "left winger". Ol' Jimbo is typical of his class, meaning he basically happily thumps his chest in front of cameras as a champion of the people ... for his own image building.

Jimmy is too old to do even that little now but family folk who live near his home tell me he never did much but drive an occasional nail when cameras were about. And, yeah, it was mostly those mean ol' Christians who actually did the hard building home work around Peanut'sville, I mean Plains, Georgia.

That's true here in Western North Carolina too. I live within sight of the local H4H thrift shop and visit there often. The manager is a typical ill-tempered, over paid pushy, mouthy "liberal" woman with a northern accent who does nothing but boss the hard working others (mostly Christian volunteers) around like children and generally gets in their way.

This is fun, try again. :)

dtknowles
02-14-2020, 09:54 PM
Ah Timmy, a mighty swing and a total miss.

Jimmy Carter is a liberal, a social "left winger". Ol' Jimbo is typical of his class, meaning he basically happily thumps his chest in front of cameras as a champion of the people ... for his own image building.

Jimmy is too old to do even that little now but family folk who live near his home tell me he never did much but drive an occasional nail when cameras were about. And, yeah, it was mostly those mean ol' Christians who actually did the hard building home work around Peanut'sville, I mean Plains, Georgia.

That's true here in Western North Carolina too. I live within sight of the local H4H thrift shop and visit there often. The manager is a typical ill-tempered, over paid pushy, mouthy "liberal" woman with a northern accent who does nothing but boss the hard working others (mostly Christian volunteers) around like children and generally gets in their way.

This is fun, try again. :)

I am guessing that most people can see thru your bias and know that first not all Christians are Conservative, there are many liberal Christians. I have worked side by side with many liberals and progressive sweating and working doing charity work. Yes, I and a few for Progressives painted a newly opening thrift store.

I imagine you think that all the soup kitchens and homeless shelters area run by Conservatives.

Yes, this is fun. With almost your every word you show yourself to be prejudiced with unwarranted bias.

More than a third of Christians are Liberal/Progressive/Democrat.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/02/23/u-s-religious-groups-and-their-political-leanings/

Tim