PDA

View Full Version : Castpics.net

Conditor22
02-11-2020, 02:51 PM
Is CASTPICS.NET gone for good?

jdfoxinc
02-11-2020, 03:49 PM
Another member reposted what he could. Search castpics on here to find the thread to find the name.

ShooterAZ
02-11-2020, 03:54 PM
Is this what you are looking for?

http://castpics.net/subsite2/LoadLookup/default.html

Camper64
02-11-2020, 04:14 PM
Not sure if this will help anyone out but here is a list of load data I downloaded awhile ago that I believe came from Castpics.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cjuw_nZ44l1F1aWESOLpkEa2FFVdANhKtWY-wAEfPZw/edit?usp=sharing

Conditor22
02-11-2020, 07:26 PM
Shooter, that link lead nowhere :(

ShooterAZ
02-11-2020, 07:28 PM
Here's what it looks like from here, and all the links are active.

Articles Library
Article Home
Return to Main Page
How To Articles
Cast Bullet by Caliber
Cast Bullet by Firearm
General Reference
Classic Works
Modifying Molds
Classic CB Posts
Castpics Load Lookups
Welcome to the new Castpics Load lookup. This database has 6400 loads for cast bullet loads. Data can be searched by cartridge name, powder name, and bullet weight. You may wish to peruse the list of cartridges first as many times the difference in 45-70 and 45/70 may mean finding data or drawing a blank.

Remember that all data was safe at the time it was tested, but this does not mean it is safe in your firearm. The owners and administrators of this site take no responsibility for the use of this data.

Lookup Load Data
Cartridge List
Powder List
Home | How To | By Caliber | By Firearm | General Reference | Classic Works

ShooterAZ
02-11-2020, 07:38 PM
Can anyone else open the link in post #3?

2A-Jay
02-11-2020, 07:41 PM
I just opened that link in post 3 and it worked for me. and it worked for me

RoyEllis
02-11-2020, 07:50 PM
Can anyone else open the link in post #3?

I can open the link but the main page along with "reloaders reference/cast bullet data lookup" is dead links.
Seriously considering calling a pox on whomever responsible for the damage to a fine reference site.....

Gewehr-Guy
02-11-2020, 08:02 PM
Link works for me. Thanks for posting this.

ShooterAZ
02-11-2020, 10:03 PM
I can open the link but the main page along with "reloaders reference/cast bullet data lookup" is dead links.
Seriously considering calling a pox on whomever responsible for the damage to a fine reference site.....

Well I'm sorry, that's all I could find on it. It seems like the links are working for some of the others?

la5676
02-12-2020, 12:25 AM
Not sure if this will help anyone out but here is a list of load data I downloaded awhile ago that I believe came from Castpics.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cjuw_nZ44l1F1aWESOLpkEa2FFVdANhKtWY-wAEfPZw/edit?usp=sharing

Link also interesting but interesting that it lists nearly every popular caliber but 9mm, unless I blinked and missed it.

Noffsinger
02-12-2020, 03:22 AM
Everything but the Load Lookupworks. I must admit, I am quite bummed! I was hoping to find data for my 2 new moulds. .378" 312 gr PB spitz and 345 gr GC spitz

Sig556r
02-12-2020, 08:23 AM
Yup you missed it, its in the bottom of the dropdown list: 9mm luger,+P, magnum, makarov & x21

Link also interesting but interesting that it lists nearly every popular caliber but 9mm, unless I blinked and missed it.

la5676
02-12-2020, 09:23 AM
Yup you missed it, its in the bottom of the dropdown list: 9mm luger,+P, magnum, makarov & x21
Cool, I guess I accidentally pushed the "drop down" button this morning. I went clear to bottom of page last night to reach the 500 Linebaugh Express. Now, all the metrics show up, go figger. I do notice the reference a powder such as Unique or Red Dot and then there is AL Unique or AL Red Dot (Alliant). Alliant as always made these powders haven't they? Why the different reference?

Camper64
02-12-2020, 09:49 AM
For those of you that want to make the spreadsheet I provided in post #4 a little more user friendly try this.

Once the spreadsheet loads, in the tools section select "Data - Filter Views - Create New Temporary Filter View". Now this will give you the ability to filter out only the caliber(s) you are looking for.

To filter, select the "Upside Down Triangle" symbol next to the column label you want to filter by. This will bring a list of all of the different values in that column, click on "Clear" then scroll through the list and select the caliber(s) your interested in then "OK".

To remove filer, select the "Funnel" and then "Select All".

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-12-2020, 03:07 PM
Is CASTPICS.NET gone for good?

I am reasonably sure the answer to this question is no.

Al and Will are working on issues for Al's website and Castpics.
I'm sure the problems will get rectified sooner or later, we just need some patience.

Markopolo
02-12-2020, 04:56 PM
in the meantime, I have the entire castpic load database in excel that you can import if you want until the website gets back up and running... pm me

Martin Luber
02-12-2020, 10:11 PM
in the meantime, I have the entire castpic load database in excel that you can import if you want until the website gets back up and running... pm me

Wow! A lifesaver. I only discovered it recently and missed it dearly.