PDA

View Full Version : Wolfe Publishing digital subscription

GRid.1569
02-11-2020, 01:41 PM
Hi folks,

I see Wolfe have created new websites for the digital editions of the magazines, I have spent days trying to figure out how to download the editions. Finally I conceded defeat and emailed them to find out to do it....

Got an email back today, disappointed doesn’t describe how I feel... you can no longer download a magazine PDF.... Only browse an edition online... No archived local copy for future reference...

Being in the U.K. this digital delivery was fantastic, previously I could only get the occasional printed magazine while on vacation... but not now...

I’ve cancelled my subscription and if they have a change of heart and reinstate the PDF option I’ll never know....

pertnear
02-11-2020, 01:47 PM
Interesting. I have a digital subscription also (for 2 years & I just renewed). I usually just download the pdf to my phone & I read them when I have time. If it's strictly online link, I'll be cancelling also.

Edit:

Thanks for the heads-up. I called & cancelled my subscription & they are issuing a refund.

kerplode
02-11-2020, 02:24 PM
This change torqued me off as well. I like having the PDFs on my tablet to read while traveling and in places where I don't want to screw with getting on wifi (which often times are nannied to prevent browsing to evil gun sites). I also liked chopping out the chunks of each issue's pdf I was most interested in (pet loads, etc) for separate archival.

Oh well...I guess they got tired of people downloading the PDFs and sending them to all their buddies.

I'm gonna give it a fair trial but at this point, it's doubtful I'll renew when it comes up again.

colt38sp
02-11-2020, 02:54 PM
I just sent them an email and canceled my subscription. I had wondered why I hadn't received an email from them in awhile saying "your latest edition is ready for download." I just tried reading the current issue online and can't for the life of me figure out the layout. I liked reading the magazine like a magazine, not a webpage... Oh well, I guess I can just pick up a hard copy at the bookstore. I never liked receiving them in the mail since they always got beat up pretty bad.

GRid.1569
02-11-2020, 03:03 PM
Somebody at Wolfe Publishing should be looking for a new job next week....

It wasn’t broke, didn’t need fixed...

white eagle
02-13-2020, 12:38 PM
I used to do that and never read any of it seemed like I would down load
and forget about it I would much rather have a hard copy in my hands

sparky45
02-13-2020, 12:57 PM
I'm not going to cancel my subscription, but I'm definitely NOT going to renew.

garandsrus
02-14-2020, 11:19 AM
I cancelled. The new format sucks.

dannyd
02-14-2020, 11:43 AM
I will not cancel but not going to renew ether. Good thing is I have 324 copies to read and read again. They should looks at how Shotgun Sport does theirs.