PDA

View Full Version : Precision Shooting Magazine

PBSmith
02-10-2020, 09:24 AM
Looking for a couple of articles from the 1993-1994 era and wonder if anyone knows of an online source, such as pdf's, of the discontinued magazine. I'd settle for photocopies if I could find the right editions (June 1993 and Vol 40, Number 4 (probably 1994.) E-bay currently doesn't have these editions.

The articles are:
a. one by Jerry Faul on the .220 Swift;
b. part II (if it was ever published ?) on Mike Walker of Remington.

Anyone here have these editions? Look forward to your responses. Thanks.

georgerkahn
02-11-2020, 08:11 PM
I have quite a collection of Precision Shooting, stacked (tossed?) in a hard-to-get-at cubicle adjacent to wood stove chimney base. I've been meaning to retrieve them -- hopefully tomorrow. If I find the issues you desire, I'll PM you. Keep your fingers crossed ;).
geo

PBSmith
02-12-2020, 10:38 AM
Thanks George. Appreciate your response.

georgerkahn
02-12-2020, 08:03 PM
(I managed to get to the pile, and went through about half. No heat in basement, and even with a portable electric space heater, the 45* was too cold for me to stay... God willing, I will go through rest tomorrow. One sad (for you ;) ) phenomena is I'd see an article I remembered reading, and *HAD* to take another read...
Wish me luck for tomorrow; 6" - 8" snow forecast for the day, with temps dropping to negative single digits -- it will actually (again) give me something productive to do...)
geo

1hole
05-09-2020, 09:39 PM
The articles are:

b. part II (if it was ever published ?) on Mike Walker of Remington.

Anyone here have these editions? Look forward to your responses. Thanks.

I don't have those editions but when Walker and Olive moved to NC I stored his complete collection of Precision Shooting for a year or so. And he gifted me one of his Remington 24X target scopes for helping him out a few times. It's on top of my Rem 40XBR w/2 oz trigger and it's chambered in his own design 6mm International.

I'm no expert on Mike's biography, his bad hearing made conversation difficult, but I do know some of his history; if you only want answers to a few questions I might be able to help. ??

PBSmith
01-13-2023, 09:23 PM
I'd still enjoy reading those two editions of Precision Shooting should anyone wish to tell me which editions the articles appeared in.