PDA

View Full Version : Shipping blackpowder Guns to Hawaii

Darth-Vang
02-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Okay what are the laws of shipping blackpowder guns to the state of Hawaii? Does anyone know? The gun is not cartridge based but loosely loading type. Can I ship it direct to buyer’s door? Or must it be shipped to a licensed dealer or individual?

jdfoxinc
02-09-2020, 06:22 PM
18 USC chapter 44 defines firearms and antique firearms. Any antique firearm does not have to be shipped to an FFL.

Shawlerbrook
02-09-2020, 07:39 PM
That is the Federal reg. unfortunately some states and localities have additional restrictions. I have no idea about Hawaii.

Adam Helmer
02-10-2020, 02:19 PM
Okay what are the laws of shipping blackpowder guns to the state of Hawaii? Does anyone know? The gun is not cartridge based but loosely loading type. Can I ship it direct to buyer’s door? Or must it be shipped to a licensed dealer or individual?

Darth,

May I suggest you direct your question to BATFE rather than gathering opinions on the Internet? Just saying....

Adam

Shawlerbrook
02-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Don’t forget state regulations. Here in NYS, the SafeAct has additional requirements from the BATFE.

dh2
02-10-2020, 09:19 PM
When I was stationed in HI in the early 90's a muzzle loading rifle was just another gun and required all of the same paper work as any gun. I am sure that there rules have let up in there liberal world,

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-10-2020, 11:33 PM
The gun is not cartridge based but loosely loading type

I give? What is loosely loading type?

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-10-2020, 11:36 PM
One easy way to find out the answer to your Q

Can I ship it direct to buyer’s door?
find a internet retailer based in CONUS that sells the exact same model of gun, than ask if they can ship to a private address in HI.

abunaitoo
02-11-2020, 04:47 AM
Muzzle loaders and black powder firearms can be shipped to hawaii.
But it depends on the post office you go to.
Some just don't know, and will not ship it.
Last I heard even the ones that use shotgun primers can be shipped.
Talked to a guy a few months ago that had one shipped to him.
Kind of expensive fancy one for hunting.
Uses shotgun primer and pellets.
Very accurate.
Same with anything that is C&R.

Longknife
02-14-2020, 10:09 AM
FYI, When you go to the post office you are NOT required to state what is in the package, you are just required to check the box that verifies it is not a hazardous material. If this is a muzzle loading rifle the BAFT does not consider it a fire arm. :::

(C) any muzzle loading rifle, muzzle loading shotgun, or muzzle loading pistol, which is designed to use black powder, or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term ‘‘antique firearm’’ shall not include any weapon which incorporates a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm which is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon which can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof.

Now you need to go to the State of Hawaii and see what they require!!!!