PDA

View Full Version : Do you only see the BaD ?

Boaz
02-06-2020, 07:36 PM
We are inundated with bad news . The world is a global community for all the wrong or bad things that happen with the internet and communication technology . Seems like we 'like' to hear of whats wrong around us . I see too many people that talk like there is nothing good though they seem to live a normal and good life .

Many seem soured or even afraid . There is still much good done by good people but we don't seem to look for it as much . We believe in a merciful loving GOD that wants us to have a good life .Even on this forum I have seen strangers help others knowing they would never meet in person . I have seen prayer and encouragement given freely only because someone asked . GOD has put good all around us .

.....................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAaaIytqiFg

WRideout
02-06-2020, 10:25 PM
I agree, Charlie. We have so much in this country, but we seem to be in the grip of fear. I can only hope and pray that God will use me to bring hope to others.

Wayne

Pine Baron
02-07-2020, 08:39 AM
We only see what we look for.

Hickory
02-07-2020, 08:54 AM
Sometimes it's hard to see the good in an ocean of evil and wickedness where the cruise ship has sunk and all on board are floating around you. Sharks are eating those around you one at a time. The only good thing I can see is, the sharks haven't got to me yet.

Hickok
02-07-2020, 10:00 AM
The MSM and fake news media have the narrative down to a fine science of brain washing and social engineering.

FIRST, they give out bad, tragic, and negative reports on all/and anything.

THEN, the talking heads go on to tell you HOW to cope and manage the coming crisis they have just created.

They create the fear, doubt, and bad emotions, then say, tune in to us, and WE will help you through this.

Social engineering, propaganda, and media manipulation for the masses.

Me, I put my faith and trust in Christ Jesus, because He has promised to see me through, for His mercy and grace endures for ever!

dverna
02-07-2020, 10:31 AM
Human nature does not change. Whether you believe Gold created us as we are, or we have evolved to have the traits we have...we have them. Some are good and some are evil. We can chose which ones we feed.

Fear is a good thing...part of our survival instinct. When it controls our lives, it can be debilitating.

I carry a gun because I fear getting harmed. There is evil in the world so I plan accordingly. I believe in God but do not trust him to protect me from evil. Many of you must deal with that conundrum as well. If we really believed God would protect us, why carry a gun?

We deal with these dichotomies as mature adults. Some, not so much, and wear tin foil hats or go to church three times a week. Anything in the extreme is bad. I see good and bad. Preparing for the bad is good.

I am more prone to think about the bad things that can happen...it is the way I am wired. Old saying...prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

USMC87
02-07-2020, 11:10 AM
Thank you for talking of good things around us, We should focus on the things of God and not the things of the world which only want to draw attention from God.

popper
02-07-2020, 11:31 AM
I believe in God but do not trust him to protect me from evil I understand the thought but Jesus tells us to expect to be treated evilly. Enjoy the good in life and be aware of the evil. Just like self defense. Be alert.

Boaz
02-08-2020, 10:32 AM
Psalm 34;12-22

Who is the man who desires life,
And loves many days, that he may see good?
Keep your tongue from evil,
And your lips from speaking deceit.
Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it.
The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their cry.
The face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears,
And delivers them out of all their troubles.
The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
He guards all his bones;
Not one of them is broken.
Evil shall slay the wicked,
And those who hate the righteous shall be condemned.
The Lord redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.

Boaz
02-08-2020, 10:34 AM
John 16:33

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Blackwater
02-09-2020, 05:23 PM
It seems that the hardest thing for us humans to do, is to keep our perspective adjusted to where it needs to be. So very, very much is lost, from simply not keeping the right perspective. We see everything, practically, through the prism of our own wills, which so typically involve our baser desires and instincts. And all the while, all we really need to do is simply recognize whence comes our willfulness and our self-deprecating desires. There's simply no substitute for understanding the reality that surrounds us. The unvarnished and unbent truth will always lead us to good places. Giving in to our willfulness will always lead us to sadness and despair, in the end. May God give us the simple courage and honesty to face the simple truths of this life, and conduct ourselves accordingly.

Boaz
02-09-2020, 09:10 PM
I live in Texas and never even heard of 'Pep' Texas . There folks are trying to keep it going !

............................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQJ8MuRtJSs

Thundarstick
02-09-2020, 09:51 PM
Lots and lots of farming communities look just like Pep Texas. Where at one time it took many many families to farm 10,000 acres, today it may take 7 to 10 families to do the same. Most country churches here are supported by city folk who drive out for services, the rest are empty buildings.

Boaz
02-10-2020, 09:20 AM
I am subject to the news , the trends and all that happens . I'm not immune to seeing the slipping of faith in our country , the youth not being given the knowledge they need to use as a gauge in their lives . I could go on and on with what I see as wrong , things I never experienced or expected to see in our country , society and people . I see people who have claimed all their lives to have faith in our GOD turn away in practice of that faith to accept what they see , hear and read what is now 'right' .

They have adapted a man given view of the world and what is 'right' . GOD gives rights ...not man . I wake every morning knowing I live in a fallen world . Sin has caused evil to exist . Well heck ! That sounds pretty depressing doesn't it ? But Psalm 18:32 tells me this ;

It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.

buckwheatpaul
02-10-2020, 10:31 AM
Charlie, You know that people thrive on bad things....just look at a big wreck and the rubber-neckers thrive on the driving slow that they can see something bad. The news inundates us with all of the bad (some years ago there was a news channel that posted only good things and guess what....they went out of business). Humans gravitate to the bad and horrible as witnessed by the action movies and shootem up movies and tv shows.....

My salvation is retirement from L.E. and associating with positive men and women through my church, bible studies, and local groups that do the right thing. If ya wanna get away from the bad ya gotta associate with good positive people ... when ya dont you get pulled down into the abyss of despair and hurting IMHO.

44MAG#1
02-10-2020, 11:29 AM
In my estimation a smart person looks at both good and bad. The good only lookers chose to ignore the bad. The bad only lookers choose to ignore the good. I choose to look at both. There are pros and cons in everything. Do the pros outweigh the cons or vice versa. Why would anyone only look at one side of anything. Simply because it is easier to only see one side. Dont have to put much effort into being onesided.
As far as bad in this world? It is there just look around it is everywhere. But one should not let it blind you on seeing the good.

Boaz
02-10-2020, 11:36 AM
Charlie, You know that people thrive on bad things....just look at a big wreck and the rubber-neckers thrive on the driving slow that they can see something bad. The news inundates us with all of the bad (some years ago there was a news channel that posted only good things and guess what....they went out of business). Humans gravitate to the bad and horrible as witnessed by the action movies and shootem up movies and tv shows.....

My salvation is retirement from L.E. and associating with positive men and women through my church, bible studies, and local groups that do the right thing. If ya wanna get away from the bad ya gotta associate with good positive people ... when ya dont you get pulled down into the abyss of despair and hurting IMHO.

Yep ! Your spot on Paul . It's our nature being human to seek the 'bad' . But GOD gave us hope in his only son Jesus Christ . And he also gave us ...Choice . I prefer to try and look around me with a biblical world view . As I stated ...I know that I wake up in a fallen world every day . But I also know God created me , placed me here and he is with me . He has given me his Holy Spirit , he didn't abandon me . He gives me the bridge of prayer to talk to him anytime I want or need to . He gave me his law and his living word through my bible to guide , gauge and act . No , I am not abandoned . He gave me others to be with as you said to encourage and confirm through their faith . No , He did not set me adrift in this place , he is with me .

In my opinion a christian must look at the world through GOD's eyes ..A biblical view of what you see .

The Bible IS God's word .

GOD IS a personal spiritual being .

GOD created the universe and everything in it including us .

I am a special creation of GOD , with an eternal soul .

I am engaged in spiritual warfare .

Sin brought death and destruction into this world .

Bad things happen because this is a sinful place

I cannot save myself , I need a savior .

GOD offers salvation and forgiveness through faith in Jesus Christ .

GOD established the home to make disciples and transfer the faith .

GOD established the church to make disciples and transfer the faith .

Jesus Christ is the Sovereign Lord of all !

Boaz
02-10-2020, 02:50 PM
I offer you the Epistle of Paul Colossians , chapter 2 . Read it in it's entirety then pay particular attention to verses 6-10 . There is also much supporting scripture throughout GOD's word . I have included an audio link if you want to listen .

.........................Audio link ............https://www.biblegateway.com/audio/purevoice/niv/Col.2

I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. 2 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. 5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
Spiritual Fullness in Christ
6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. 11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
Freedom From Human Rules
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.
20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Boaz
02-13-2020, 08:51 AM
In the process of realizing I'm not abandoned I am given to try and fit into this world and honor my creator . It's hard to deny him after he came in the flesh as the son of man by our father to teach me . To be a living example and through his words and acts show me how to live here . He gave me hope through his life with the offer and promise of eternal salvation in his death .

Matthew 16;24

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Boaz
02-14-2020, 06:33 PM
I really know nothing about this 'community' and am not promoting them . But I like some of their philosophy of life in the time we live it . It's an interesting concept .

................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQOYzQtMJM

Boaz
02-16-2020, 11:21 AM
Psalm 14;2

The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.

Psalm 25:1-21

To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. {2} O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me. {3} Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed; Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause. {4} Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths. {5} Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day. {6} Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your loving kindnesses, For they are from of old. {7} Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; According to Your mercy remember me, For Your goodness’ sake, O LORD. {8} Good and upright is the LORD; Therefore He teaches sinners in the way. {9} The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way. {10} All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth, To such as keep His covenant and His testimonies. {11} For Your name’s sake, O LORD, Pardon my iniquity, for it is great. {12} Who is the man that fears the LORD? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses. {13} He himself shall dwell in prosperity, And his descendants shall inherit the earth. {14} The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, And He will show them His covenant. {15} My eyes are ever toward the LORD, For He shall pluck my feet out of the net. {16} Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted. {17} The troubles of my heart have enlarged; Bring me out of my distresses! {18} Look on my affliction and my pain, And forgive all my sins. {19} Consider my enemies, for they are many; And they hate me with cruel hatred. {20} Keep my soul, and deliver me; Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You. {21} Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You.

Yep ! I got to seek the good and it begins by seeking him !

Matthew 24;6
Jesus tells us there will always be conflict .

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

Boaz
02-17-2020, 08:41 AM
It's a part of who I am to want to question , to seek causation and final effect with result . But in my day by day balancing of my life here . But it's not up to anything I can do through myself to change or 'fix' anything .

Today in the ..Reading the bible ..thread above in the stickies we are reading Luke 12 . So much is explain in this chapter today about how I should deal with this world and GOD at the same time . GOD is in control .....if I give it to him and frankly he's still in control if I don't . The instructions and guidance given is to help deal with a fallen world and not only to have faith but to strengthen my faith in him . He reassures me ;

Luke 12;22-34
Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Boaz
02-20-2020, 06:58 PM
Seems a lot of folks are affected by all the TV , internet , news and just mass media in general . If I seek the bad I can just click , flip a switch or tap a button . There is more 'bad' than you can take in . But the same can be said of the good . I tend to prefer the good now days , there's plenty of good still hear but it unfortunately just doesn't get as much attention .

Within probably an hour I found these few videos on YouTube , nothing amazing to speak of but maybe interesting .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCLKb7untE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQFtfN3oijo

Lets hear a vocal on that , I like Kaylee's version . I have posted it before .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx--WjeN7o

When I saw this one I thought about Matthew 8:20 .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-XimQbdQs&pbjreload=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUvndhI5gY

Pine Baron
02-21-2020, 09:32 AM
From Greg Laurie this morning:

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.”
—John 14:1

When children are afraid of the dark, they need someone to reassure them. The best thing to do is turn on the lights so they know there’s actually not a monster or other supposed threat to them under the bed. They need the reassuring words of an adult who can help them get a proper perspective.
Like little children, we need the reassuring words of our heavenly Father to help us in times of anxiety. Because no matter where you live, how much money you make, or what you do for a living, you’ll never be able to create a trouble-free life.
Job 5:7 says, “People are born for trouble as readily as sparks fly up from a fire” (NLT). Just when you get through that one conflict or difficulty, that one hardship or trial, another one will come. It always will be something.
I don’t say that to depress you but to prepare you. Understand, troubles do come. While there are reasons to be troubled, there is a greater reason not to be. Jesus said, “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me” (John 14:1 NLT).
Jesus said this to His disciples in the Upper Room, after they learned He would be crucified. Needless to say, they were very stressed. Deep anxiety and fear filled their hearts.
But Jesus was saying, “Look, I haven’t brought you this far to abandon you now. I know what I’m doing. So I’m asking you to believe. I’m asking you to trust Me.”
When I don’t understand what is happening, I fall back on what I do understand: God is our Father who loves us and cares for us.
When a problem you’re facing fills your heart with anxiety and worry, remember this: God is bigger than your problem.

Boaz
02-21-2020, 03:53 PM
Very good read Pine Baron , and true . Thank you .

Dapaki
02-21-2020, 04:23 PM
We have gone through it all, my wife lost her dad then her first husband followed by her sister then our grand son then his dad and to top it all off, I got caught in a fire and got catastrophic 3rd degree burns all over my body.

Of course we have had our moments of fist shaking and depression, sadness and anger but overall, we still see the wonder and good in everything. I think we are a little shyer now though, a little withdrawn from friends and family then we once were. That could also be an age thing.

Through it all, we simply focus on God's message to us, "I AM".

That's good enough for me.

Boaz
02-25-2020, 08:18 AM
It's not all bad .

..............................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT6A_TA0ttQ

..............................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_LxB-jizBM

Boaz
03-11-2020, 02:41 PM
Is my glass half full or half empty ?

A generalization of how we are viewing our life in real time . I suppose that the answer would be arrived at by weighing or gauging by my priority's as to what my life should be ? Me being at an advanced age living in a world of change could be a concern I guess . But putting real priority's into a realistic prospective instead of wishing some things had been different sheds light on the answer .

I'd say my Lord has been generous to me . He has given me far more that I ever 'deserved' . I would say using Psalms 23;5 ;

“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.”

I believe my glass is better than half full .

Boaz
03-19-2020, 03:52 PM
Well dang ! I guess I picked a heck of a time to put up this thread with whats happened . Yea , looks like we have a national crisis going on . There will be plenty of 'BAD' to see before it's run it's coarse .

I have heard all kinds of crack pot 'theory's' , Chinese unleashed it to achieve global domination and many comparing it to the prophesy of end times in the book of Revelation . Well ! I don't have any insight on it what so ever in those events . It looks to me to be one more product of that 'fallen world' I keep talking about . We have been in a state of wars , plagues , floods , earthquakes , volcanic activity , drought , infestations ..etc during all of mankind . I do find it funny that some folks worry about space aliens attacking , a meteor destroying earth , being attacked by a Sasquatch and we'll be dead in ten years due to climate change . Folks do have fertile imaginations , as if living in a fallen world wasn't enough .

But in the end all we possess is our hope . Which is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ .

30calflash
03-19-2020, 06:03 PM
The MSM and fake news media have the narrative down to a fine science of brain washing and social engineering.

FIRST, they give out bad, tragic, and negative reports on all/and anything.

THEN, the talking heads go on to tell you HOW to cope and manage the coming crisis they have just created.

They create the fear, doubt, and bad emotions, then say, tune in to us, and WE will help you through this.

Social engineering, propaganda, and media manipulation for the masses.

Me, I put my faith and trust in Christ Jesus, because He has promised to see me through, for His mercy and grace endures for ever!

Same thoughts here. Too many drink from the wrong cup and cling to it as the only answer or way to go. All things man made are fragile at best and downright poor otherwise. That's the reason things shift so violently when a crises emerges.

Those that cling to bad news don't want to hear the good, IMHO.

Boaz
03-21-2020, 09:19 AM
Well...I wondered if my church would have services this week (tomorrow) and received this message from our pastor this morning . It didn't surprised me at all , I figured they would cancel services . I know the pastor and deacons , they had a hard time shutting us down temporarily .

Our school , drug rehab program , all outreach events are on hold . Many will be sad and disheartened in this time we need reassurance . But I agree with the decision and agree with the pastor that our focus and work continues the same . Lets count our blessings and not let fear overshadow our faith . Much can be accomplished in this time through prayer and bettering our relationship with our Lord who we serve . Might be time to reconnect with friends and family ..we all have telephones . Could provide opportunity and reason to study GOD's word .

Pastor's message ;

As your Pastor and Staff, we want to do everything possible to show wisdom through this trying time for our country. We depend on the Lord to give us wisdom as to what to do in this crisis. He gives us our governmental leaders who we depend on to give us information to help us make good decision with regard the the health and well being of our membership. I told you Sunday that in making decisions for our services we will not follow the panic put out by some in making our decisions.
Focusing on the well being and wellness of our church family, after prayer and seeking the will of God, I am canceling our Wednesday night services for the next two weeks. We will also not meet together here at our church building for Sunday but will be live streaming our service at 11:00. I am asking everyone to stay home and participate in our service through our live stream.
With regards to your giving, you can go to our website and give online or use our text giving.
As we think about what is going on in our world with this coronavirus, let's not panic or be fearful. Let's be the hands and feet of Jesus to those who are in need. We still serve a great God who is still our Sovereign King. Let's remember the words of Paul to Timothy-"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
What a great opportunity to be people of prayer- praying for our governmental leaders as they make decisions for our country. Pray for your Pastoral staff, as we try to do what's best for Kingdom ministry here in Wichita Falls and around the world. Just to be clear, on the advice of our leadership, there will not be no public gathering at our church building for the next two Wednesday evenings and Sunday Morning, March 22nd. We will look at the situation and make a decision for services on March 29th next week. The baptismal service scheduled for the 22nd will be postponed.
God bless you. I love each one of you and appreciate your understanding in this. I will give you more updates as needed.

Pine Baron
03-21-2020, 10:00 AM
Well I guess it's time "to put up or shut up". In God we trust. Is it something we just say or believe?

Pine Baron
03-23-2020, 07:56 AM
Mark 5:36
But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not fear, only believe.”

docbrown
03-23-2020, 08:45 AM
Well, Pestilences are a part of the sign of the last days. Not saying this is "IT" as there are still a couple more things that need to happen according to the scriptures (1 Thes. 5:1-5 - a declaration of peace and security and Revelation 17 and 18 - false religion being destroyed by the nations). Yet, this virus and the views people have about things in general worldwide (2 Timothy 3:1-5), do indicate (at least to me) that the time is very close. These days up is down and down is up - in large part due to media spin and propaganda - but then again, Revelation 16:13,14 refer to frogs spreading lies (or propaganda). At any rate, that is how I see it - YMMV.

WRideout
03-23-2020, 11:05 AM
Some of you may remember an old children's song with these lyrics:

I am the church! You are the church!
We are the church together!
All who follow Jesus,
all around the world!
Yes, we're the church together!

I believe that what we are seeing now; church cancellations, meetings postponed and all the other "social distancing" measures only serve to prove that God does not live in a brick and stone building with a red door. Although going to church on Sunday may not be happening, God's work is still being done. If the church is the collection of all who believe that Jesus Christ is savior, then the church is alive, well, and vibrant today as always.

Wayne

Boaz
03-25-2020, 05:03 PM
The last week has been moving slow . I have been going to the gym/therapy facility every morning since my shoulder replacement last June plus therapy twice a week . Therapy will be ending in the next week or so . I usually visit nursing homes regularly , church activity's also take up some time .

But the gym is closed , the nursing homes are not allowing visitors and church is on hold . The present situation with the virus is affecting everyone's life and activities . But there are still opportunity's to serve our Lord if you think out of box a little bit . The Chapel right here on the form is one of them . GOD opens doors if your a willing servant .

.................................DO NOT WALK BY SIGHT BUT BY FAITH .

Boaz
03-25-2020, 05:17 PM
Do not pass me ;

................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCbQOW4HSio

Boaz
04-07-2020, 08:57 AM
Do you only see the bad ? Well that's a heck of a question at this point of in our lives ain't it . To the unknowing , the lost and outright non believer it is a fearful time for sure . To those relying on 'science' should be having some second thoughts . Everything we have is a gift of GOD and that will include a resolution to to our present crisis . A believer puts their faith and trust in our Lord understanding that he is in control .

In whats happening now there's no effort to see a lot of 'bad' . I see it on a grand scale myself . But I also see the good too . Medical workers , law enforcement , all branches of the military , churches , first responders , company's , organizations and more individuals than you can count . The good is stepping up to combat , comfort , heal and provide relief in every way possible .

It could be a test of faith ? A trial ? Or simply the result of living in a fallen world ? For me it's a time of much thought and prayer . A time to encourage best I can with what he gives me to work with . Elijah comes first to mind for me .

GOD not only provides hope he is our hope . He straightens the way and through him all things are possible .

JohnChrysostom
04-08-2020, 12:31 PM
I used to get pretty "Black pilled" on things which is what it's called now a days & had a pretty deary out look but not anymore & i have not for a very long time I'm just a realist but remembering Proverbs from the bible & the promises from the Lord & seeing things for what they are & not what i wish them to be is a life changer & if you want things to be better do what You can to be better. I used to think it was terrible that bad experiences stick with us & good things seemed fleeting & one day i realized why & it never bothered me again. Good things must be sown like seeds on a big farm & every type of good thing has it's time of sowing,it's growing stages & reaping. Our deeds like the work of the farmer feed ourselves & others they affect the world & the bad things that stick with folks are a Warning that we must continue to sow & harvest good things, regardless of storms regardless of blight, I always hope for the best & i'm prepared for the worst, so when something bad comes along we are less affected by it or not at all :) but we must always sow & Trust in the lord

JohnChrysostom
04-08-2020, 12:41 PM
2 Peter 1:4
“Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
Psalms 28:7
“The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.”
Psalms 46:1
“(To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.) God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
Isaiah 40:31
“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”
Isaiah 12:2
“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.”
1 Corinthians 10:13
“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”
Colossians 3:2
“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”
Colossians 2:8
“Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”
Isaiah 26:3
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
1 Peter 5:8
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:”
2 Corinthians 5:17
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
Psalms 119:15
“I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.”

Boaz
04-08-2020, 01:01 PM
Thank you John .

Boaz
04-09-2020, 10:14 AM
It's a new day . GOD has plans for me today , only problem is I haven't received them yet ? His is the perfect way . If I could see the immediate future I'm pretty sure I'd over think it and go wrong . I would probably consider my own choices as to what to say or how to act . With his way I am most often 'thrust' into and impromptu situation...usually . My only recourse is to seek his Spirit in my response . If it works out on my part GOD will act through me .

Often there is no immediate result but at times there is . Yep ! You get to see GOD affecting a situation . But it's not mine to expect any result because that's between God and one needing him . We sow to increase his kingdom , he will reap the harvest from what he has given...not me .

I feel like my 'immediate' reward is to see him gloried . It's all about him..not me . I am only a servant . All that is good in me came from him . And although as imperfect as I am he can use me . We are all given ability through him . He is the giver of all that is good , left to ourselves we don't amount to much .

................................................Ma tthew 11;30
..............................For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light .

Boaz
04-10-2020, 09:06 AM
Well yesterday was the last session of physical therapy for my shoulder replacement a few months ago . It should be a small milestone event I suppose in the bigger scheme of things . But this morning I'm feeling cheated . Being as we are shut down and 'sheltering in place' I just lost my last outlet of social events for now . It's pretty sad to think of physical therapy as a social event ?

So for the immediate foreseeable future it's just me and my crew .

https://i.imgur.com/QGiFCHZ.jpg

However ! It's time for a spring cleaning event . The house needs an overhaul , trees growing up in the fence line , mowing , the 'crew' needs a bath and there is no limit to what needs done when you have an obsessive compulsive personality . But then there's this ;

https://i.imgur.com/bSFLVw1.jpg

My fishing stuff is loaded and ready . The crappie have started biting some (so I hear) . I could be just as obsessive compulsive about going fishing . But the cleaning stuff is drug out , I pulled my riding mower around to the front of the house , filled my yard sprayer with Round up and charged the battery for the chainsaw . Yea....I expect the work will override the fishing compulsion . The 'crew' doesn't seem too interested in these mundane chores , being more than willing to let me take full charge of them . But I do give them credit ! They stay rested up for some serious guarding ! Like if a dangerous squirrel or rabbit threatens us .

I watched the sun go down last evening . Took this picture sitting on the back porch .

https://i.imgur.com/bF4KdNI.jpg

GOD is still in heaven . The sun still rises and sets and this world keeps turning . We take what is given and live one day at a time . I hope yours is a good day . GOD bless .

Pine Baron
04-10-2020, 09:31 AM
I vote fishing. Grass and chores ain't going nowhere. The crew is just fine. But the fish don't run forever. Priorities my brother. Have a blessed and safe day.

Boaz
04-10-2020, 09:59 AM
Pine Baron ! Having the utmost appreciation for your knowledge and understanding in decision making . Realizing my own short cummings in decisions of this magnitude and your vast experience in prioritizing life's quickly changing options . Plus ! Markopolo's continuous insistence to quit letting perfectly good worms die in my fridge . I'm taking your advice and Markopolo 'threats' seriously !

I'm going fishing ! I go RIGHT NOW to put my shoes on....................Report will be given tomorrow !

Boaz
04-25-2020, 08:40 PM
Well it's a little late but 'Better late than never' ? Went out south and threw out three lines on the Little Wichita River . It was a dang nice day ! Walking to the suv there where some bunnies that wanted to go . Told em I was social distancing ..Might take em later but they got to chip in on the gas and bait . So they took off .

https://i.imgur.com/XSeLoao.jpg

Took my Harbor Freight Folding chair , made some of my special secret blend dough bait and worms . Took my bait tackle box , no lures ! This was going to be a sit down easy fishing thing . Got a good spot on the bank in the willows .

https://i.imgur.com/XSeLoao.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9uLQkzr.jpg

Caught a slew of these bothersome little guys !

https://i.imgur.com/n26yRUa.jpg

Buzzards were constantly circling slowly working their way down river looking for lunch . Caught four of these guys , all weighed a pound and a half to three pounds . I'll eat carp but had catfish or crappie on my mind . Caught several small crappie but nothing legal size , took a crappie picture but he was flopping so hard it was a blur . So ! No crappie picture .
This guy politely motored by asking if I'd had any luck . Told him just little ones . He smiled , shrugged his shoulders waving goodbye .

https://i.imgur.com/aT7RVYM.jpg

I stayed four hours , it was actually pretty warm . Spooled up and went to the house , my dogs had missed brunch and very glad to see me . While on the bank I reread the first , second and third chapters of Romans . We are reading Romans in the ...Reading the bible stickie in the forum Chapel .

Times haven't changed since biblical days . 'One' of my main thoughts when I put up this thread was ...living in a fallen world . As I have stated before it might seem a depressing topic ..but it's not , it's reality . We were born into a fallen world , it's all we have ever known . Realizing that coupled with GOD's word we gain understanding to help us navigate to live a good life through our Lord .

It seems insane to me that so many want to kill GOD or at the very least eliminate him from our country . We would instantly lose our 'GOD given rights' to be ruled by man's law . Brings to mind Judges 21;25

In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.

Without the law of GOD forming the law of the land is something you don't want to even imagine in your mind . Many that want to deny GOD say we don't need him and his law . We would be much happier and better off without him . They say we can keep all the 'good' of his law and still practice total self indulgence . But we know this is failure .

I'll refer to the...'Cut Flower thesis ".

“The attempts to found a morality apart from religion are like the attempts of children who, wishing to transplant a flower that pleases them, pluck it from the roots that seem to them unpleasing and superfluous, and stick it rootless into the ground. Without religion there can be no real, sincere morality, just as without roots there can be no real flower”

If you think this is a fallen world right now consider it without GOD .

Well I have rambled on enough . The fishing trip was a welcome diversion from sheltering in place . Didn't get any keepers but that's just encouragement to try again .

GOD bless !

Pine Baron
04-26-2020, 07:26 AM
Sometimes, my brother, the object isn't catching fish. Now is it?

Boaz
04-26-2020, 10:49 AM
Completely agree ! Didn't go out with any expectations of anything except to enjoy what he has given . And I was not let down .

Had plenty of time and went back over Romans thru chapter 3 .

https://i.imgur.com/RsjQuvt.jpg

I highly recommend rereading Romans a few times . Awareness of our world now is reflected and explained simply in this book . I didn't reference reading yesterday to supporting scripture but to the here and now . GOD"S word is as relevant today as it ever was , possibly even more so . We are provided more distractions than at any time of mankind .

Boaz
05-09-2020, 07:22 AM
Well it seems to me the pandemic situation is easing . The mortality rate is coming down , number of people infected with the virus is lessening . This is a blessing . I have prayed much for those having or affected by this plague . So many have lost their lives or loved ones . It has placed burdens on practically everyone in one way or another .

I have prayed for our country and our leaders that they seek the Lord in their leadership . This has been a global problem . I'm not going to get political or stir up hatred but in this time of suffering and detestation it becomes much easier to see weak leaders that are only capable of being self serving .

It gets back into the reality of the fallen world we live in . Satan still exists and is gaining slowly . Our strength comes from within us through GOD . To ourselves we are helpless against him but through our Lord and seeking the Holy Spirit to lead us we can effect change . It's a time to seek him , to pray for wisdom and discernment . GOD is still in control .

ioon44
05-09-2020, 08:11 AM
None of this has taken God by surprise.

Romans 8:28
We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose.

Boaz
06-15-2020, 07:41 AM
Well thought I'd check back in on this old thread...been a while . I sure nuff put up this thread at a good period of time to test it . Impeachments , pandemics , rioting with plenty of lying and insanity on the daily news cycle . It's beyond my attention span and reasoning to to deal with the scope of it all . And yea Satan is having a hay day ! Virtue signaling , political madness , racist madness , party back biting , hatred for the sake of hate in every shape and form . It's a little hard to not get involved..ain't it ?