PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for us

beechbum444
02-03-2020, 12:27 AM
Evening
I've been a member on here for a while , bought and sold , chimmed in here and there , reloader, former collegiate air and smallbore shooter, christian, two years ago and for the first time in my life , I meant a woman that I told my mom that I was going to marry, she was one of my physical therapist that taught me to walk again after a surgery went sideways and I spent the prior two plus years not being able to walk seven days a week, she fixed me, we started to date the day I got discharged we joined a church together, I found God , fell in love together and were going to start premarital counseling with our pastor beginning last month. A few weeks ago , she called me and told me that she didn't think we should get married. I'm an ICU nurse and I literally see life and death everyday... And I guess in the big scheme of things , I feel horrible and selfish asking or people to pray for us to get back together ....please pray for us....God Bless

jcren
02-03-2020, 12:47 AM
Prayers sent

GhostHawk
02-03-2020, 08:31 AM
I feel your pain, truly. But I also ask myself if this is the road the Lord wants you to walk.

My advice, calm yourself, and then take it to the Lord in prayer. See what he says.

square butte
02-03-2020, 08:38 AM
Prayer sent up

Sig556r
02-03-2020, 08:42 AM
Hope everything's gonna be alright for you & her, mutually...prayers sent

koehn,jim
02-03-2020, 09:54 AM
Prayer sent.

dverna
02-03-2020, 10:15 AM
I feel your pain, truly. But I also ask myself if this is the road the Lord wants you to walk.

My advice, calm yourself, and then take it to the Lord in prayer. See what he says.

Really good advice. Try to park your emotions and think things through. Even prayers that may seem unanswered are answered.

Preacher Jim
02-03-2020, 12:07 PM
I think Ghost hawk and Dverna have given you excellent advice. Remember those who wait on the Lord get his answers. Pray for God's will in this relationship as I will also pray for you and this nurse.

blackthorn
02-03-2020, 12:31 PM
I will pray for the best outcome for both of you in this very critical decision to stay or go. Choosing a life-mate is likely the most important decision you will make. If either of you feels uncomfortable going forward, the likelihood of a crash and burn becomes exponentially increased. As suggested, sit back and take the time to make the best decision for you both. I wish you both the very best of luck going forward.

sparky45
02-03-2020, 12:34 PM

Sage advice there..

WRideout
02-03-2020, 01:28 PM
She could just be dealing with her own fears; maybe some history there. I will pray for you both.

Wayne

beechbum444
02-03-2020, 06:51 PM
Yes yes she’s dealing with her own fears , first hubby was , well if you can think of it he did it .....and I guess a tipping point was , me expressing my concern about paying for his bad deeds....how long can a person continue to pay for someone else’s faults just because they are going to share the same title “ husband” never meant the guy never seen him... but after a couple years how can a person keep blaming me for what he did and expect me to be ok with it ..... when does it stop ?

beechbum444
02-03-2020, 06:52 PM
Or better yet, when should it stop ?

Plate plinker
02-03-2020, 07:43 PM
Seems she has cold feet because of the EX HUSBAND. She needs to get some good help to get past that stuff. People can carry emotional baggage for a very long time.

xs11jack
02-03-2020, 08:47 PM
Prayer sent.
Ole Jack

beechbum444
02-03-2020, 09:37 PM
I keep rereading this post , great advice ....and I want to say in front of this small world of folks I'll never meet..... Yes, I have faults ... And some faults in this situation are mine too bare , but I acknowledge them in front of her , even begged to go to couples therapy months ago and I'm actually going to another one of our couples therapy sessions tomorrow.....alone

Pete44mag
02-03-2020, 11:42 PM
My prayers are sent for you and your girlfriend, and that the Lord's Will be done for the both of you!

beechbum444
02-06-2020, 02:14 AM
Just want to say prayers answered .....I can't marry some one that thinks its ok to put a healthy dog to sleep because he can't jump up to her bed anymore
and someone that can just delete a human from her life .....thanks to all that prayed and listened

beechbum444
02-06-2020, 02:15 AM
Just want to say prayers answered .....I can't marry some one that thinks its ok to put a healthy dog to sleep because he can't jump up to her bed anymore
and someone that can just delete a human from her life .....thanks to all that prayed and listened

Texas by God
02-06-2020, 08:36 AM
I think you dodged a bullet, pun intended. God will send the right woman along, trust Him. I was a 29 year old Feral Man when He sent mine to me. We married after knowing each other for 6 months and that was 32 years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

GhostHawk
02-06-2020, 09:13 AM
I'm with Texas.

Big guy was looking out for you IMO.

You'll know when it is right, there will be no obstacles, it will be like falling off a log.
Also remember he is much more likely to give us what we "need" not what we "want". Expectations may need to be adjusted.

24 years ago I was in my mid 40's, hungry, starving actually for affection. He smacked me upside the head a few times, opened my eyes, and 2 months later I was married. Still together, still solid, still in love, and still happy after 23+ years. Have hope.

Handloader109
02-06-2020, 06:30 PM
Sometimes it is better to let things go, people also. You must remember, that no matter what YOU do or say, you will NEVER change someone if they don't wish to change. And in a marriage, it is even tougher. Accept that this lady wasn't the one for you, and God willing, you will meet her. Pray that you will recognize her, and become the husband she needs and wants.
Life is never a straight road, always crooked and many pot holes and hills to climb. 39 years and counting with my spouse, and my wife and I have both had many to go over and around.

pworley1
02-06-2020, 07:11 PM
I have prayed that God's will, will be done in both your lives.

ShooterAZ
02-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Prayers sent beechbum. I've been in your situation before, it's painful but time heals. I've also had to walk away from a couple of bad situations myself. Trust that the Good Lord will steer you in the right direction.

beechbum444
02-07-2020, 03:53 AM
Thanks to all.....a brotherhood of complete strangers....I'm in Memphis if anyone wants to meet up for lunch....

kaiser
02-07-2020, 11:47 AM
You are doing right! The advise and wisdom given above is "solid" (IMHO). I pray you will be blessed and strengthened. She, as a nurse, has done a wonderful thing by enabling you to recover through her skills; however, the emotional ties associated with her trained actions can distort one's gratitude as love, or create a "bond" that is very strong. Care givers have a gift just as you have certain God given gifts; if your gifts are not those that are able to heal her hurt from a previous bad marriage, your marriage to her will not solve her bad experiences. I would still covet her friendship, if she can handle it (and if you can); otherwise, move on. You have a better life and future because of her; take advantage of what this brighter future holds for you. All the best!

beechbum444
02-07-2020, 08:59 PM
y'all rock .....I'm the nurse , she's the physical therapist , but it don't matter .....the gist is on the money .....thanks to all

kaiser
02-10-2020, 12:11 PM
Oops, sorry about the gender mistake from one who has worked with great male and female nurses! My age has been betrayed by my assumptions. Sincerely, Kaiser

Texas by God
02-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Thanks to all.....a brotherhood of complete strangers....I'm in Memphis if anyone wants to meet up for lunch....Rendezvous on Beale Street sounds good. But I ain't there. Eat some ribs for me and look around. The perfect woman might be right there, brother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

beechbum444
02-12-2020, 01:21 AM
Funny that you're from Texas , I lived in fort worth for a bit

beechbum444
02-16-2020, 01:56 AM
Just an update , when this first happened , she asked if I wanted the ring back and I told her that she'd have to give it back on her own free will and it would be auctioned and proceeds would go to St. Jude children's hospital . I also told her if we got back together she'd get another ring.....for the past several weeks , she kept it, because it was shinny ....finally her sister talked her into giving it back , so A) I got it back , it will be auctioned soon and proceeds will go to St. Jude Children's Hospital. B) I'm trying to figure out how I could I could love someone that would rather have a rock sit in a jewelry box, rather than have the funds from it go to a worthy cause because a greater good will come from our misfortune C) if anyone knows how I can facilitate this type of transaction , please point me in the right direction ....God bless

Circuit Rider
02-18-2020, 09:14 PM
Something so hard for us mortals to understand, we want everything when we want it. It has to be in His perfect timing. CR