PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new lube

barnabus
01-30-2020, 10:53 PM
Thinking of changing lube from LBT, Its just got to be too much hassle waiting on a response and shipment from them. Who makes a lube as good or better? im not interested in making my own.Thanks

NyFirefighter357
01-31-2020, 01:42 AM
https://lsstuff.com/

centershot
01-31-2020, 12:16 PM

+1! Lars has all you'll ever need!

Outpost75
01-31-2020, 12:20 PM
Another vote for LSStuff!!!!!

Biggin
01-31-2020, 02:23 PM
+1 another vote for Lars I've me him. Nice guy to deal with!

osteodoc08
01-31-2020, 04:52 PM

This or hit up RandyRat.

I recommend Tac1 for just about everything from Randy

Or

My recent usage of Carnauba Red has turned in stellar results.

Hickok
01-31-2020, 08:18 PM
Tac1 from Randy Rat is excellent, and has a nice pleasant smell.

Gar10
01-31-2020, 11:08 PM

Good stuff!

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-01-2020, 01:58 PM
Randyrat has returned as a Castboolits Vendor Sponsor with pre-made lubes and ingredients to make your own.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?394343-Wax-products-and-bullet-lube-for-sale-intro-page

FISH4BUGS
02-03-2020, 11:27 AM
I guess I am old school.
Magma lube and a heated Star Sizer is all I have used for many years.

Tom W.
02-03-2020, 09:39 PM
I've been using Carnauba Red for years. For both rifle and handguns. If this creeping crud doesn't kill me I'll be ordering some more shortly.

Dapaki
02-13-2020, 04:07 PM
Not meaning to step out of line here but why not try powder coating?

I will NEVER go back to lubing with wax of any kind.

osteodoc08
02-13-2020, 10:37 PM
Hope you get to feeling better Tom. Go ahead and order some now so it’ll be ready when you are!

gumbo333
02-13-2020, 11:28 PM
Tom W, have you tried the Carnauba Red on your creeping crud? Never know.

barnabus
02-14-2020, 07:35 AM
Not meaning to step out of line here but why not try powder coating?

I will NEVER go back to lubing with wax of any kind.

our cast bullet matches don't allow powder coating

barnabus
02-14-2020, 07:39 AM
tried to call lbt yday and they actually answered the phone but told me to call back because they were expecting another call.pissed me off.im done with lbt. I have no idea if they will ever ship or if I can get my money back even though they have already cashed my payment

Dapaki
02-18-2020, 02:03 PM
our cast bullet matches don't allow powder coating

Dang! I guess I never checked to see if there was an issue using PC boolits in competition!

I don't see anything at Quigley about lube, just cast, anybody heard different?

waco
02-23-2020, 07:07 PM
Another vote for Lars

daloper
02-23-2020, 08:28 PM
I have some extra lub. I mostly powder coat now. Send me a PM with an address and I will send you some. I think I have some blue from LBT and some red from Lars

Tom W.
02-27-2020, 10:50 PM
When WLL came out with the carnauba blue I called and asked about it. Lars told me that if the carnauba red was working to stay with it.

As far as the creeping crud, it's still got me down. I hope I didn't pick up anything at the Atlanta airport when we went there. I just got out of the hospital a week ago after spending at least a week or so there.

megasupermagnum
02-27-2020, 11:53 PM
Thinking of changing lube from LBT, Its just got to be too much hassle waiting on a response and shipment from them. Who makes a lube as good or better? im not interested in making my own.Thanks

I found WLL Carnauba Red to be a great lube for many rifle and high pressure handgun gun applications. Where it came short for me was lower pressure/velocity and cold weather. I used it on everything from 45 acp to 30-06 with no problems, but it is definitely designed and performs best as a rifle lube.

Instead I tried a handful, and found TAC-1 from Randy rat to be the best lube for me. I don't yet know if it is the best for rifles, but it works better on handguns. Plus it was designed with cold weather in mind. So far so good, I've seen no change in accuracy in any temperature, and if there is a cold bore flier, it takes a better gun than I have to see it.

PhatForrest
04-09-2020, 01:25 AM
Saw this thread and just ordered another 10 sticks of Special Blend from White Label Lube, even though I have a bunch of sticks still sitting around from a previous order with them. Now that the weather's getting nice I gotta get outside and start casting again! Supporting their operation during these tough times is a no-brainer.

webfoot10
04-09-2020, 05:37 AM
I switched to Bens Liquid Lube and won't use any other lube. Just lube with one
coat for pistol bullets and three coats for rifle bullets. I shoot some pretty stout
loads and never get any leading. Easy to do.

marshall623
04-09-2020, 09:38 PM
I've used White Label's Carnuba Red with excellent results . I have 2 sticks of 2500 and 1 of them in the sizer now . I will do some testing and see how it performs during Silhouette matches once things open back up . If no dice with the 2500 , it will be Carnuba Red .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DAVIDMAGNUM
04-13-2020, 10:20 AM
I bought some one pound blocks of lube from WLL. I was pan lubing and switched to using Lyman/Ideal 45 lube sizer. Boy do I have a supply of lubes now, do to the low use compared to filling pans . I use and love DGL for black powder. I don't know if it is as good or better than SPG. DGL simply cost much less and works great. DGL is not available anymore. When my DGL supply runs out I will be switching to WLL for sure.
Here are a couple of things I tried that work for me, my guns and loads.
50/50 lube: Shooting subsonic loads in a 357 magnum rifle I found lube in the grooves of recovered bullets . I added mineral oil to the 50/50 lube making it softer. The same load then created a lube star on the rifles muzzle and fliers disappeared from 10 groups on paper at 100 yards.
BAC Lube: For medium pressure/velocity loads in the same 357 magnum rifle BAC didn't seem stiff enough. I was getting an evenly distributed lead smear in the bore after 15 of more shots. With very little trial and error I found that adding 1/3 by volume of WLL Carnauba Red stiffened the BAC , but still much softer than Carnauba Red alone. The lead wash in the bore went away. Did I create something akin to 2500+ ?
Carnauba Red: Same 357 magnum rifle, for a 158gr hard cast bullet sitting on top of a case full of H110 WLL Carnauba Red is excellent .
AND when I was just starting to cast for smokeless loads I spoke to Lars. He gave me some helpful advice and was a pleasure to deal with.