PDA

View Full Version : New tactical levergun Henry X

kens
01-29-2020, 12:36 AM
I guess we all have seen that other tacticool levergun, mossberg. what a hideous thing.

Here is a video on Henry' take on tactical lever gun.
I think it is not bad. As far as looks it is a long way ahead of the mossberg.
What you think??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD2NTvrgS4A

sghart3578
01-30-2020, 08:52 AM
I like the concept. I am not going to buy one, at least not right away.

But I like the innovation that Henry is showing. Rossi has added something similar to their line up as well.

https://rossiusa.com/?prod_leveraction=r92-357mag-16-58-rds-triple-black

The more offerings we see the more the companies compete. And that is good for us.

Steve in N CA

dannyd
01-30-2020, 10:48 AM
Going to buy one as soon as i can.

Ramjet-SS
01-30-2020, 11:11 AM
Fantastic offering take the tactical away you have practical.....that’s why I want one in 45-70 ......

veeman
01-30-2020, 11:42 AM
eewww

dverna
01-30-2020, 01:39 PM
Makes more sense to chamber in .30/30 and turn it into a scout rifle...better than a bolt action IMHO. .30/30 gives a flatter trajectory and enough power for most things that need killing while having acceptable recoil. I like the concept of a dot sight as well. The new generation sight offerings seem like a better option than the forward mounted low power scope that Cooper spec'ed.

Gibson had a thread on LEVERevolution that showed what the old .30/30 can do with this powder...coupled with the Horandy FTX bullet and it is quite a package. But even with cast, it would be effective at most practical ranges.

I have no use for lights or lasers so multiple rails are of no interest. Need to mount something like a Sig Romeo 5 and that is about all.

Depends on the price point of this offering, but I expect a "normal" lever action can be modified for a lot less. I have an old M94 I picked up for $135 that would be a good candidate. It has a bit of rust so I won't be worried about dragging it around.

indian joe
01-30-2020, 06:12 PM
I guess we all have seen that other tacticool levergun, mossberg. what a hideous thing.

Here is a video on Henry' take on tactical lever gun.
I think it is not bad. As far as looks it is a long way ahead of the mossberg.
What you think??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD2NTvrgS4A

what is it with the wannabe army guy mentality in the US ? its starting to infect our city based gunshops too - sad really.

mattw
01-30-2020, 10:37 PM
If Illinois would allow us to hunt with a rifle, I would have one. Should weigh less, rain and snow will not hurt the stock and my red dot that I have used since they were introduced would fit it well. It is not that attractive, but it is a utilitarian tool.

Texas by God
01-30-2020, 10:59 PM
I'm not against plastic stocks and rust resistant finishes on a utility lever action, but threaded muzzles, rails, and telescoping stocks leave me cold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dimner
01-30-2020, 11:07 PM
Whole concept is wrong and the end product i's ugly. BUT if it gets sales for Henry, and keeps them making rifles..

That i like.

I just don't know why everyone now days says "hey, that needs a red dot"

Tricountyfarmer
01-30-2020, 11:11 PM
I like the looks on their website. 1:20 twist in 44 magnum!

01-31-2020, 12:03 AM
If somebody likes it, I'm for it. The more the merrier.

siamese4570
01-31-2020, 08:36 AM
I guess that's why there's chocolate and vanilla. If that blows your skirt up, go for it. I'll pass. Kind of like putting GPS on a covered wagon. Either way, henry makes a good rifle. I still want regular henry in 4570.
Siamese4570

Ajohns
01-31-2020, 08:55 AM
I'm with TBG on this one. But like the rest of their guns, a little expensive for my taste also.

RU shooter
01-31-2020, 09:28 AM
It ain't as bad as I thought it be when I read the title . Don't really have any problems with it except those stupid rails on the fore end . ImO they should have just put a couple more Mlok slots on it and the owner can rail it up as he or she chooses , for the most part it just looks like a Marlin with a ramline synthetic stock and a rattle can matte black paint job so really nothing New

rking22
01-31-2020, 02:46 PM
Nope, not for me. At least it doesn’t have the telescoping stock. Reddit sits too high or the open sights are useless, no way the comb hight works for both. Glad it’s there for those how like it, but I’ll pass.

Good Cheer
01-31-2020, 06:18 PM
Reckon Henry is just prepositioning itself for the semi-auto bans?

megasupermagnum
01-31-2020, 08:49 PM
It looks like a great offering to me. Tactical, military? It's just a lever action in a plastic stock. Look at what you have. It is the same Henry lever action, but with the addition of a side loading gate that so many had been waiting for (not me). It has improved fiber optic sights. The standard buckhorn sights are not that easy to use. And the icing on the cake is that the barrel is threaded for a suppressor. If you don't like synthetic stocks, put the wood stocks on. I prefer the large loop lever, but this X model lever is improved over the tiny standard one. If you don't like the balance of the BigBoy carbine (16.5" barrel) or the rifle (20" barrel), the X BigBoy fits in the middle at 17.5".

I'm not looking to buy one, but if I were looking for a hunting rifle, it would be hard to not pick the X in either 45-70 or 44 magnum (now with 1:20 twist!).

If1Hitu
02-10-2020, 07:05 PM
Very nice thanks for sharing the link video.:drinks:

Ramjet-SS
02-13-2020, 11:24 PM
I actually think the 357 is the one I a, going to get. I have the brass version this will be a much better truck gun in 357.

Black Jaque Janaviac
02-14-2020, 01:24 PM
I think it is awesome!
1 because there is a big chunk of the gun- buying public that is enamored with ugly guns. They likely turn their noses up at lever actions because the lever guns typically are presented to the traditional-minded and don't come with the bells and whistles. This might lure some ugly-gun fans into giving lever actions a try.

2 the more people buying and shooting lever action means more people buying lever action ammo. That in turn could inspire more offerings or perhaps cheaper ammo. I realize this may be wishful thinking though.

PAndy
02-15-2020, 10:01 AM
I would like to see some models with walnut stocks and longer barrels, built on those pistol grip receivers. Maybe copy the rimfire frontier models with 24" barrels and "shotgun butt" stocks .