PDA

View Full Version : Mernickle Holsters: Great Customer Service

oldhenry
01-28-2020, 10:10 PM
I got a Mernickle holster for my SR1911 OM (9mm). I really like the design...….perfect for CC. The workmanship is top drawer, but I experienced a small problem drawing.

The shorter slide (3.6 bbl.) had about 2/3rds. of the ejection port covered & the forward edge of the ejection port created drag with a conventional draw. If I tilted the gun to the rear slightly it was no problem. I chamfered the forward edge of the ejection port slightly, but this didn't help much.

To make a long story short, I emailed Mernickle and Annette in CS was great. I emailed some photos & she did not hesitate to tell me to return that holster & they'd make me a new one. I suggested that I'd be happy with the original holster If they could alter it: possibly exposing the entire ejection port.

Annette responded to my emails promptly & courteously. In my opinion their customer service is up there with Ruger & Dillon.

Henry

Love Life
01-30-2020, 08:38 AM
I’ve used Mernickle leather goods for at least 10 years. I have never been disappointed with one of their products.

Terminatorret
01-30-2020, 01:07 PM
I own five Mernickle holsters (3 for my Ruger single actions, 2 for my Ruger double actions) and am nothing short of 100% pleased. In my book, Mernickle is the bar that all my other holsters are judged.

Green Frog
01-31-2020, 02:37 PM
Don't own any Mernickle leather personally, but friends in Cowboy Fast Draw Association that have them swear by them. I believe a couple of the rigs I tried out at introductory shoots were from Mernickle, but really can't speak from personal experience. Looks like if I stick with CFDA activities, I may have to give them a look.

Froggie

oldhenry
02-07-2020, 06:38 PM
An update on Mernickle customer service:

I returned that holster & according to USPS tracking it arrived @ Mernickle on 01/30. It arrived back to me today properly altered & it now works like a charm.

Considering the weekend & transit time to get it back to me, this is amazing service.

I've always considered Ruger & Dillon tied for 1st. place for CS, but Mernickle just edged them out.

Henry

jrayborn
02-23-2020, 10:43 AM
That is good service, and I am a fan of their holsters as well.