PDA

View Full Version : purple power

porthos
01-22-2020, 05:17 PM
i've used purple power to clean inside old gunked up side x side shotguns. works good. has anyone used it as a drain cleaner. i guess it would be safe to use?

bikerbeans
01-22-2020, 05:32 PM
When I saw the header I thought.someone from San Francisco joined the forum.:bigsmyl2:

BB

mattw
01-22-2020, 05:55 PM
Hey... watch it there! Will never catch me in CA again and it has been 35 years since I was there. But purple is my favorite color, even have a McMillan bench stock that is purple metal flake. My daughter shoots the purple 221 often and refers lovingly to it as the bowling ball with a barrel!

Bird
01-22-2020, 06:15 PM
It is pretty much drain cleaner. Just add Draino to water, and its much cheaper too. Lye, caustic soda, sodium hydroxide....its all the same.

MT Gianni
01-23-2020, 04:03 PM
What is the drain problem and what types of pipe are involved? How old is the system? Septic or city sewer? Slow or stopped? All are need to knows before snaking a line of using a cleaner.

gwpercle
01-29-2020, 03:25 PM
When I saw the header I thought.someone from San Francisco joined the forum.:bigsmyl2:

BB

I was thinking LSU , Louisiana State University colors are Purple and Gold !
Most of my T-Shirts are Purple and some aren't LSU shirts either !
Gary

SSGOldfart
01-30-2020, 06:35 PM

BB

Same here:violin:

georgerkahn
01-30-2020, 06:49 PM
I had some pretty consistent, with not the time or money to replace, the leaking hydraulic hoses on a tractor. Nothing else worked as well as Purple Power in cleaning the dripped/dropped hydraulic fluid off the blacktop drive and asphalt roadway. I found it to be a marvelous bargain!
BEST wishes in your application!
geo