PDA

View Full Version : OLD Shotgun Reloading Tools

FISH4BUGS
01-22-2020, 10:13 AM
I was at a yard sale and bought a box full of old shotgun reloading tools. Hey....for $20 I figured I couldn't go wrong.
How can I go about identifying what they are and what they do?
Google is helpful but I would like additional resources to figure all this out.
Any thoughts?

Markopolo
01-22-2020, 10:17 AM
sure.... post a pic of the stuff laid out, and I can help ya... i use the old stuff often..

Marko

mattw
01-22-2020, 10:19 AM
Post a pic, might be able to help as well. But most of my reloading is metalic.

FISH4BUGS
01-22-2020, 03:20 PM
I'll do my best to figure out how to post pics.

Bent Ramrod
01-22-2020, 05:47 PM
The ARTCA Site has a section on shotgun reloading tools. You could compare your stuff to what they have there, or ask questions if you don’t find what you need.

Pressman
01-22-2020, 09:51 PM
I think this is the same items that he posted on the ARTCA site.
What's pictured over there is an interesting assortment of old stuff, all common brands. Something you keep because it is old and unusul, then pack it in a box and set it in the attic for the grandkids to find someday.

FISH4BUGS
01-23-2020, 07:52 AM
I think this is the same items that he posted on the ARTCA site.
Um....no.
I have the box of these in the man cave and just finished my marathon casting/loading of 2000 44 special/mag.
This is the next project.
I checked the ARTCA site and some of the items are the same.....shot and powder cups I can recognize immediately. The other stuff I have no idea.
When I get a chance I will post pics. I am assisting my 94 year old mother at the moment.
Life is getting in the way of all this fun. :)

Green Frog
01-23-2020, 11:52 AM
What a coincidence... I assumed it must be the same lot of stuff posted there also! The fact of the matter is, there is a lot of this old, long disused equipment out there, and as we older guys are dying off it comes to light. I dread even considering what will happen in my reloading room when I “shuffle off this mortal coil.”

FISH4BUGS, I can totally sympathize with your family situation. I was primary care giver for my 95 year old mother until her passing this June. Enjoy her while you can... I lost both of my parents within less than 18 months, and I’m still having a hard time believing they’re gone.

Froggie

44magLeo
01-24-2020, 12:23 PM
Posting pics isn't hard. Get your pics loaded on your computer, then when posting, click the GO ADAVANCED button, scroll down a bit to the attachments, click the manage attachments button and upcome a window that lets you p;ost pics, Click the add files then browse your pics on the computer to find the pics you want to load. Load the pics, then attach them.
Like this pic of my Remington 725 in 280 Remington.
Leo

Wayne Smith
01-25-2020, 09:33 PM
If it refuses to load your picture it is too big for the site and needs to be downsized.

303Guy
01-26-2020, 03:47 AM
Or you could sign up with Postimage. https://postimages.org/

That allows the option of posting to forums which gives us the full size picture.

I have a bucket full of shotgun loading tools, mostly roll crimpers, including 410, 12ga and I think a 10 ga.

KCSO
01-27-2020, 02:15 PM
Cornell Publications has the catalog reprints that tell you just what you need. Or send me pictures and I will tell you as I still use a set of Bridgeport tools for Black Powder loads.