PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Mihec (and DHL)

joebaja
01-22-2020, 12:05 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but... Late Thursday night (Texas time) I ordered a new mould from MP. It was on my doorstep Monday morning. This is not my first MP mold, so I had planned on waiting a bit for it to wing its way across the Atlantic. As always, YMMV - mine has, I think depending on who is working the counter at customs that day, but holy cow. I have never received a mould that quickly when ordering domestically, let alone from a third of the planet away.

It goes without saying - but I'm going to anyway - that the workmanship on the mould itself is second to none.

Petander
01-22-2020, 08:48 AM
DHL is really taking over.

Post office prices have skyrocketed and delivery times are ridiculous. It takes me a month and $40-50 to get a mold from USA using USPS. I don't know why most Ebay sellers insist on USPS. Often the mold costs less than shipping.

For the same shipping price of 2 lbs mold I can get 20 lbs of alloy from Rotometals in a few days via DHL.

About Mihec molds,well,they are very,very good.

rintinglen
01-31-2020, 06:51 AM
That is surprising to me. A few years back, in my old neck of the woods, DHL stood for “Delivery? Hardly likely”. The horror stories abound. Mid-delivered, lost, returned “Address unknown”: back in the mid 2000’s they were awful. It got to the point that I would not order from anyone using them.
I guess they finally got their ducks in order here in the USA. I have heard that they have been very good in Europe for many years.

Bert2368
02-04-2020, 07:40 PM
DHL has been delivering stuff to me from Japan in about 3 business days from placing my orders... Not shooty stuff, just knives. Really nice ones, though.

https://japanesechefsknife.com/collections/carbonext-carbon-steel

And a big +1 on Mihec moulds, I've got half a dozen of them now. When I ordered those, it took at least 2 weeks due to his nation's postal system/USPS moving a bit leisurely.