PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Primer Dilemmas

Tom_et
01-21-2020, 10:02 AM
I need to sell off a lot of extra primers
But my problem is HOW difficult will it be to ship??
If I where to place them here in the For Sale, Would the hazmat make it unsalable?
Sorry for the question if it’s readily known
I don’t know it!
Please leave this as is, so I don’t cause posting issues.

If they are sellable I will make a post What I have in the appropriate Forum

Thanks
Tom

redhawk0
01-21-2020, 10:03 AM
You could sell them as a "local" sale....face to face.

redhawk

jsizemore
01-21-2020, 12:43 PM
I've bought off craigslist. Been fortunate that all have been winners.

dverna
01-21-2020, 01:10 PM
You cannot realistically ship primers or powder legally.

garandsrus
01-21-2020, 01:25 PM
The only way you can ship primers that I know of is to seat each one in a case and sell as primed brass. Then you can ship them Fed Ex with a ORM-D sticker and no hazmat fee.

jdfoxinc
01-21-2020, 02:20 PM
First you have to become a hazmat shipper through the dept of transportation. You can take the class online. Then you have to sign up with the shipping companies as such. Then you have to have all of the correct labels . Etc......

bikerbeans
01-22-2020, 06:32 AM
Don't forget the 365/24/7 hazmat emergency response phone line you need too.

BB

BNE
01-22-2020, 07:01 AM
I wish you were close! But I think offering what you have for sale here and doing the sale face to face is your best option.

Tom_et
01-22-2020, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the sad info
I truly mean Thanks
I will try Craiglists hopefully get rid of some
I only have about 100,000 or so:-(
Thanks

JimB..
01-22-2020, 09:18 AM
There are members here that are close to you, probably worth posting an ad here, just specify FTF.

I’ll be in Destin in a couple weeks, but that’s as close as I get to you.

Good luck

frkelly74
01-22-2020, 09:53 AM
Can you take them into a Gun Show? I guess you would have to get a table and Man it till they were gone. Craigs list can be problematic for " gun stuff" and there are busy bodies who flag items they don't like , but it could work maybe. I have been contemplating putting up an ad on the board at my gun club for trading some large rifle primers that I have for some Large pistol which I am running out of. This is the dark side of hoarding.

Another thought.... You might save them till after the next election and possibly cash in then. It is speculating on a bad outcome but even the dark clouds can have a silver lining, though perhaps tarnished a bit.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-22-2020, 11:36 AM
List them in castboolits S&S as a FTF sale only...you never know if a member is close by.

I have made a few FTF powder sales myself via castboolits, and meetup at a Gunshow or something.
It's nothing for me to make a 3 hour drive (one way) to visit a new-to-me Gunshow (especially if it is reported to be the kind of Gunshow that suits me), but I surely wouldn't kill a whole day of driving for "ONLY" a primer purchase...that's my 2¢

EDG
01-22-2020, 07:44 PM
There is an internet resource called Armslist that is like a craigs list for shooting stuff.
I sold a scope there and bought a lot of reloading components there. It costs nothing to use.
Just be sure to meet strangers in a secure location.

https://www.armslist.com/

shooterg
01-22-2020, 08:12 PM
Here in VA we have a site oriented just for in-state sales of firearm goodies. May be something similar there. Ours may disappear after Gov. Blackface finishes with us.

ACC
01-22-2020, 09:52 PM
I have never been able to find reloading stuff on Craigs list.

ACC

lightman
01-23-2020, 11:31 AM
Maybe you can advertise at your local gun club or range. Maybe on Craigslist, your local paper of something like Facebook swapshop. You might advertise them here and say "face to face".

A few years ago I got a table at a local gun show and sold a bunch of stuff. It ate up a weekend but was kind of enjoyable. I found out that you have to price your stuff to move or you will just sit there.

jsizemore
01-23-2020, 12:55 PM
I've met folks from this site to buy or sell reloading and gun parts FTF. I've also used Craigslist and Armslist to do the same. I've been fortunate that the folks were accommodating and all the transactions went smoothly. A very public place works best. Good Luck with your sale.

fatelk
01-23-2020, 01:07 PM
I was at a gun show recently. I bought some primers from a guy who had a bunch of them: piles of bricks and a stack of sleeves under the table. He was selling them for $20 per brick. This was a Saturday afternoon and he said he had already sold a LOT that morning.

MT Gianni
01-23-2020, 03:58 PM
Go for the gun show route. Rent a table and have a fair price. You may get a few decent guns in trade.
Around here the average table rent is $40 and you need to spend the weekend there. Get a friend you trust to watch the table for your breaks.

pertnear
01-23-2020, 04:18 PM
Go for the gun show route. Rent a table and have a fair price. You may get a few decent guns in trade.
Around here the average table rent is $40 and you need to spend the weekend there. Get a friend you trust to watch the table for your breaks.

+1 ...my suggestion also.

Tom_et
01-26-2020, 07:54 AM
Thanks all for the Leeds and Info
I believe I’ll try the guns shows
Thanks
Tommyt