PDA

View Full Version : Military cast boolit match

Heyboy
01-21-2020, 07:20 AM
Hello all! I recently took over our military cast boolit match at my BP club. We moved the date to 5/3/20. It’s in beautiful north central Pennsylvania at Whispering Pines Cap and Flint. Our website is www.whisperingpines.club.

The rules are ANY as issued military rifle with iron sights, no sniper rifles. Must shoot a cast bullet. 20 shot aggregate
5 off a bench at 50 and 100
5 offhand at 50 and 100

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area on the forum

Adam Helmer
01-21-2020, 10:45 AM
Heyboy,

Thanks for the heads up on the match. I shot my first military match in 1996 at Whispering Pines. I saw a lot of original military arms that day and the range is nicely set up and well run.

Adam

Uncle Grinch
01-23-2020, 02:53 PM
Those vintage military matches are loads of fun. I started some at our club back when I was president some 20 years ago (or so it seems!). We shot 40 rounds at 100 yards from various positions. Most of us older guys shot cast, which I still do.
Wish y’all the best and hope the weather cooperates.

Adam Helmer
01-23-2020, 03:49 PM
Those vintage military matches are loads of fun. I started some at our club back when I was president some 20 years ago (or so it seems!). We shot 40 rounds at 100 yards from various positions. Most of us older guys shot cast, which I still do.
Wish y’all the best and hope the weather cooperates.

Uncle,

Thanks for your post. Yes, those shoots in rural PA are fun. I am gearing up for the May shoot. I have a Garand, a Mk III and a Krag rifle to consider. I may shoot the match three times.

Adam