PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Filler

robertbank
12-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Does anyone out there know where a guy cna buy shotgun filler? I am told it is small plastic balls used to fill cases with. Going to use them instead of gas checks in .45LC.

Stay Safe

Bodydoc447
12-15-2005, 03:28 PM
www.ballisticproducts.com has shotshell buffer materials in their online catalog.

HTH,
Doc

44man
12-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Go to www.ballisticproducts.com for filler. But it will not replace a gas check! If you are loading a small amount of fast powder, I would use polyester fiberfill from the fabric store, just a small ball to hold the powder against the primer.
You really don't need a gas check or a filler for the .45. Plain base boolits are just fine. If your mold takes a gas check and you want to omit it, shoot some first and see how they group. Some times they will not shoot good due to loss of drive area. You might consider a boolit designed to be a plain base to start with.

robertbank
12-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys exactly what I needed.

Stay Safe

stocker
12-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Precision Reloading is my source for PSB which I use in rifles. I would do a little research before using this or anything similar in a pistol or revolver. I definitly would not use it with small quantities of fast burning powder in anything. It's best use is with near case capacity loads of very slow powder in rifles. Perhaps Chargar would give his comments on suitability for the use you propose.