PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Super GP-100

Tatume
01-15-2020, 09:43 AM
I'm interested in knowing more about this gun. Anybody have one?

One thing that stuck out was Ruger's statement that the Super GP100 has the Super Redhawk action. I thought the Super Redhawk was built with the GP100 action? :-)

Hickory
01-15-2020, 09:48 AM
You need to know which came first, the chicken or the egg.
In this case which came first, the SRH or the GP100?

Ickisrulz
01-15-2020, 10:15 AM
You need to know which came first, the chicken or the egg.
In this case which came first, the SRH or the GP100?

The GP100 was introduced in 1985. The SRH was introduced in 1987.

MrWolf
01-15-2020, 10:28 AM
Well I do have one but haven't fired it yet. The first one was supposed to have been in before my back surgery but it looked like someone else's return so it was sent back. Replacement came in after my surgery so between that and the cold I am not planning on playing until spring. Another member asked me for specs on it but I can't lift the junk in front of my pin gauges yet. I did play one day when we hit 70 degrees with a 22 and a new S&W 380 shield. My back felt a lil funny so I stopped. Not taking any chances. I will say she is a really nice revolver and the grip is perfect for me and doesn't look like it will twist in my hand - I have nerve damage in last three fingers. Guess that was a long winded round the corner answer.

bigboredad
01-15-2020, 05:22 PM
Well I do have one but haven't fired it yet. The first one was supposed to have been in before my back surgery but it looked like someone else's return so it was sent back. Replacement came in after my surgery so between that and the cold I am not planning on playing until spring. Another member asked me for specs on it but I can't lift the junk in front of my pin gauges yet. I did play one day when we hit 70 degrees with a 22 and a new S&W 380 shield. My back felt a lil funny so I stopped. Not taking any chances. I will say she is a really nice revolver and the grip is perfect for me and doesn't look like it will twist in my hand - I have nerve damage in last three fingers. Guess that was a long winded round the corner answer.Holy cow Mr. Wolf I sure hope you heal ok and can shoot great when you get a chance. Good luck dude

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

adcoch1
01-16-2020, 12:15 AM
From what I can figure out the super GP100 is a super redhawk with the frame extension hacked off and converted to 8 shot 357. The standard gp100 and srh share the grip frame and trigger hammer geometry (I believe) and grips as well. You can't fit an 8 shot cylinder in a standard gp, so the action frame is from a srh.

What I can't wait for is a 6 shot superGP in 454 casull, since I don't like the frame extension on the srh

LUBEDUDE
01-16-2020, 05:59 AM
Just saw on Shooting Gallery last night that Ruger now has that gun in 9mm.