PDA

View Full Version : Dhl

slide
01-13-2020, 08:50 AM
On 1-10-20 I ordered a mold off of the MP website. I totally forgot about them switching to DHL. I get my mail and packages at a P.O. Box. DHL doesn't deliver to P.O. boxes. I guess nobody can but the usps. But, will they drop it off at the post office. It is a small enough post office they know me and will hold the package for me. I sent e-mail to MP and am thinking about contacting customer service at DHL. Has anybody done this before me and how did it turn out.

Guesser
01-13-2020, 09:50 AM
In this remote, small town I live in we do not have street delivery of mail. UPS and Fedex have a contract with this USPS office to accept UPS and Fedex shipments and place them in the appropriate mail box or leave a yellow card telling me to stop by the counter and get my shipment. Don't know about DHL; but maybe they also have a contract with USPS.

Dragonheart
01-13-2020, 12:32 PM
I would contact DHL and ask if they have a local pick up location so you can pick it up without it being returned to sender.

Phlier
01-13-2020, 01:11 PM
I've bought two molds from MP in the last two months. Both were shipped by DHL, and both were delivered by the United States Post Office. I believe that DHL, like many other couriers, are now contracting with the USPS to be the "last mile" carrier. In both of my cases, DHL handled the package until it arrived in Las Vegas. They were then tracked as "Forwarded for Delivery" on DHL's web site. This was the point that they were handed off to the USPS. Note that you are unable to track the delivery after it has been handed off to the Post Office; the DHL site will simply show the tracking information as "Forwarded for Delivery."

You might find that there will be no issue in having it delivered to a Post Office Box. My guess would be that it depends on whether or not DHL itself is still the "last mile" carrier in your area. Give DHL a call... they might be able to tell you if the USPS will be handling the actual delivery.

tomme boy
01-13-2020, 03:45 PM
Type the tracking # into the USPS tracking. You should be able to track it that way

slide
01-13-2020, 04:35 PM
Got it taken care of. Called customer support at DHL and a nice young lady changed the delivery address. Thanks for the help!

Phlier
01-13-2020, 05:13 PM
Type the tracking # into the USPS tracking. You should be able to track it that way

Doesn't work with DHL tracking numbers, unfortunately.

tomme boy
01-14-2020, 03:15 AM
if the po is doing final delivery it should. ups and fedex does anyway

Phlier
01-14-2020, 07:35 AM
if the po is doing final delivery it should. ups and fedex does anyway

But it doesn't with DHL.

Just got our 3D printer yesterday. Shipped via DHL, delivered by USPS. Could not track it through USPS with DHL number. Same happened on both of my MP molds. So that's three total pieces shipped through DHL, and none of them could be tracked on USPS through the DHL number, and all three were delivered by the USPS.

Phlier
01-14-2020, 07:40 AM
double post.

slide
01-14-2020, 12:38 PM
DHL gave me a tracking number. The mold is in Brussels now.