PDA

View Full Version : Need parts for Rolling Block

kodiak1
01-11-2020, 07:12 PM
I'm looking for parts for a Husqvarna Rolling Block in 20 gauge.
If anyone can give me an email address or website it would be much appreciated.

Ken

marlinman93
01-12-2020, 07:34 PM
Rolling Block Parts. Ken Womack has parts for many Rolling Block designs.

http://www.rollingblockparts.com/

kodiak1
01-12-2020, 10:08 PM
Thank You.

John Boy
01-12-2020, 11:23 PM
What parts ... be specific. https://www.google.com/search?q=swedish%20rolling%20block%20parts&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-m

Many parts are interchangeable between the Swedish & other Remington contract rifles

kodiak1
02-15-2020, 08:30 PM
I believe this is a very early 1870 1/2 round 1/2 hex bbl. It is definitely a Husqvarna stamped on the left side of the bbl.
I need a forestock that is 11" long and has a wedge pin to hold it on. I need a butt plate for this thing and a set of screws for the action.
My screws all came out except the extractor screw but the heads are a little tough and I would like to replace them.
The barrel on this has straight rifling from chamber to muzzle not spiral!
I've contacted Ken W. but haven't heard back from him in about a month.
I have read that this could have some parts that interchange with a #1 but I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.
Ken.

RustyReel
02-15-2020, 09:40 PM
A rifled 20 ga. How cool is that!

marlinman93
02-16-2020, 11:12 AM
Interesting. Never seen a rifled Husqvarna Rolling Block shotgun. I have a Carl Gustav Rolling Block Sporting shotgun. It's a smoothbore, and a smaller action than the typical #1 Rolling Blocks many Swedes were. It's also a nickeled receiver. One of these days I want to restock mine as the wood is pretty tired, and I'd like some nicer stocks.

pietro
02-16-2020, 12:38 PM

I can't help but wonder if the rifling's not really straight, but instead is such a slow twist (to stabilize slugs) that it only appears to be straight.

A normal twist test should tell the tale, though...……. :cool:

kodiak1
02-16-2020, 08:12 PM
The rifling is as straight as straight can be. Took her to our local gunsmith his first reaction was quite funny actually. He had never ever seen it before.
From what I can find in bits and pieces on the internet is Husqvarna did it on 3 different models. Never found an article yet that can explain why.

Ken.

Gewehr-Guy
02-16-2020, 10:39 PM
The story I've read, is that the wealthier class didn't like the common farmers hunting(poaching?) moose with their shotguns, so they passed a law that all big game must be taken with a rifled arm. Husqvarna sidestepped that by introducing their straight rifled line of shotguns, which worked well with both ball and shot. I have a nice example in 12 guage, and the grooves are absolutely straight. Many of the old rolling block shotguns have a coarse vee shaped rear sight, so I think they were commonly used with ball or slug.

kodiak1
02-26-2020, 07:10 PM
Anybody else got one of these Husqvarnas?
Especially the one with the pinned on forestock!