PDA

View Full Version : Accuratemold #31-171D GC mold

samari46
01-11-2020, 02:55 AM
Am wanting to get this mold for a couple Winchester 94's I have. Both have Williams rear sights and Lyman globe sights installed. And trying to figure out how to rig up a scope base without drilling and tapping either one. They are both a 20" bbld one and a 26" bbld one and although they are not from the same set.they are tha Canadian Centennial Commorative series. I bought the carbine first then a few years Cherry's Fine Guns had its big brother for sale. When you call Tom at Accurate and order a mold did anyone spec out the mold #13-171D GC or just say send me the mold?.Reason I ask is that this will be my first custom mold and I want to get it right.Can I ask if I can get the body section around .313-.314 so I can set dome use in some of the other 30 caliber rifles?. And size down for 30-30 and 30-06 as needed. And who makes H&I dies for Lyman lubricators. I have a Husqvarna bolt action chambered in 9.3x57 and that barrel needs bullets fatter than .368 I'd like to size them at .370. And lastly does Hornady sell a neck seating die?. I know they do a two die set seater and f/l sizer. Thanks in advance Frank

Outpost75
01-11-2020, 12:50 PM
When you order a mold from Accurate you can specify diameter wanted and your alloy. Normal tolerance is 0.002" but you can specify whether you want the tolerance positive, negative or centered.

If you order the mold with .311 bands with normal tolerance positive, bullets will most likely drop about .3125-.313."

If you ordered the mold with .313" bands and specify "tolerance centered" it should drop close to exact size +/- 0.001

With a Lee push-through sizer the bullets can tolerate 0.002" sizing without degrading accuracy.

megasupermagnum
01-11-2020, 02:31 PM
When you order from Accurate, one of the questions will be body diameter. All you have to do is pick .313" +.002" tolerance. Choose .314" if you intend on shooting .314".

As for H&I dies for a Lyman. Lyman makes them. I'm not sure if anyone on this sight makes them. I would check with Lathesmith. Since they are expensive, one thing you can do is size and lube in a .313" Lyman die (or .314" if you intend to use that), then size down in Lee push through dies. I find push through dies do a much better job of sizing, plus they are cheaper.

I can't help with Hornady dies.

Wayne Smith
01-12-2020, 09:11 AM
I believe Lathesmith will make you a sizer die.