PDA

View Full Version : Browning hammer return springs

jednorris
01-07-2020, 05:14 PM
My Browning B.P.C.R. developed a problem of not being able to cock the hammer. I have heard from several people that the hammer return spring wears out and needs replacement. How often does this happen, and should I get some spares ?. Also if this is a weak point, are there better quality replacement springs and where are they available ?.

NSB
01-07-2020, 06:01 PM
contact texas-mac.com He's the guru on these guns.

EDG
01-07-2020, 10:34 PM
Springs are catalog items. Browning will just buy springs from a spring maker like Lee Spring.
To get what you need disassemble your rifle enough to get the spring out of it.
Measure the length, spring diameter and the wire diameter. Count the coils and measure the spring rate or find someone who can. Then you can order a life time supply.

Lee spring like most companies will offer springs in stainless steel and music wire. Be sure to buy only music wire springs. Stainless steel springs do not work as well for most applications.

My Browning B.P.C.R. developed a problem of not being able to cock the hammer. I have heard from several people that the hammer return spring wears out and needs replacement. How often does this happen, and should I get some spares ?. Also if this is a weak point, are there better quality replacement springs and where are they available ?.

Dusty Ed
01-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Howdy Jed
It could be just dirt in the action ,what did with mine I took the wood off and flushed it with WD 40 Blew it out with air and reoiled it , there is also trigger adjustment screw right on the front of the trigger trying adjusting it.