PDA

View Full Version : AR15 trigger upgrade

mattw
01-05-2020, 02:38 PM
I just ordered a Rise Sporting trigger for my daughter. Could not pass up the price at Aim, 89 plus tax with pins. Gets good reviews, hope she likes it.

drac0nic
01-05-2020, 11:07 PM
Pretty sure I have one of these. It's a nice trigger and a great value.

Lloyd Smale
01-06-2020, 08:15 AM
Ive got two of them. GIAINT step above milspec. I also like the psa 2 stage that they sell for around 60 bucks but to me a two stage is a good hunting and target trigger but I prefer a single stage for defense.

mattw
01-06-2020, 10:31 AM
Lloyd, I would love a 2 stage in my 300 BO. Been really wanting the Geissele Hi-speed National Match. Just can't justify it for a rifle that will never see competition.

AnthonyB
01-06-2020, 11:47 AM
The only aftermarket trigger I have used is the Geissele SSA and it is a great trigger, but a little pricey at $179 when on sale at PSA. It is worth the money but gets expensive with multiple ARs. I will follow this thread as I am always looking for less expensive ways to improve trigger pulls. A competition shooter in TN where my wife lives showed me how to bend AR trigger springs to reduce the weight. It definitely reduced the pull weight, but I have concerns about ignition and reliability. Time and shooting this spring will tell.
Tony

gumbo333
01-06-2020, 01:54 PM
I sure like my Velocity self contained trigger.

mattw
01-06-2020, 02:23 PM
I shoot bench rest rifles for fun, I am a bit of a trigger snob as they all have 1.5 oz. trigger pulls. I would never consider that light for a shoulder borne rifle. My daughter shoots those on the bench, but I think about 3.5 pounds will be perfect for the AR and steel plates.

tomme boy
01-06-2020, 09:28 PM
Larue MBT-2 or -1. I have a couple of the -2 and love them. For about $87 they are awesome. The -2 is a 2 stage and the -1 is single.

drac0nic
01-07-2020, 04:44 AM
The only aftermarket trigger I have used is the Geissele SSA and it is a great trigger, but a little pricey at $179 when on sale at PSA. It is worth the money but gets expensive with multiple ARs. I will follow this thread as I am always looking for less expensive ways to improve trigger pulls. A competition shooter in TN where my wife lives showed me how to bend AR trigger springs to reduce the weight. It definitely reduced the pull weight, but I have concerns about ignition and reliability. Time and shooting this spring will tell.
Tony

That sounds interesting. When I did the JP reduced power springs in my AR I ended up cutting the spur off the back of the hammer to make it look more like JP's. It worked well for me didn't have a problem with steel case 5.56 even. Add the grip screw mod to it and you've got a not bad trigger for very minimal money.

If you're doing 80% and you're careful you can keep the floor below the trigger a bit higher and eliminate a lot of the rack trigger's take up.

Lloyd Smale
01-07-2020, 07:15 AM
don't know who actually makes those psa 2 stage but ive gotten them from psa and delta tactical and there the same. There not perfect but like I said for 60 bucks there a good value. Anymore I buy parts kits minus the firing group and save 20 or 30 bucks and buy one of those for 60 so it cost me 30 for a big upgrade. Ive got enough psa trigger groups in the drawer from ones I replaced with aftermarket so even when im building a beat ar I buy parts kits sans the fireing group.
Lloyd, I would love a 2 stage in my 300 BO. Been really wanting the Geissele Hi-speed National Match. Just can't justify it for a rifle that will never see competition.

Streetwalker
01-08-2020, 01:09 PM
Another vote for the Larue trigger! I have the two stage version and it is superb. For less than 90 bucks, you cannot find a better trigger and the quality of materials and manufacture are second to none.

krallstar
01-08-2020, 03:50 PM
Anybody use these FM Products Premium Match Grade nickel boron 2 Stage Competition AR-15 Trigger Group $75.00

nicholst55
01-09-2020, 05:27 AM
Larue MBT-2 or -1. I have a couple of the -2 and love them. For about $87 they are awesome. The -2 is a 2 stage and the -1 is single.

^^This^^, for the win.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/