PDA

View Full Version : Bellm trigger springs?

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
11-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Is it easy enough to do or should I send it in? I would like to get it down to around 3 lbs. Im good at following directions. Any input? Anyone here done it?

StrawHat
11-12-2008, 04:32 PM
What rifle are you trying to alter?

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
11-12-2008, 04:35 PM
TC Pro Hunter

lathesmith
11-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Check his website there, I believe he has install instructions on-site, and so you can decide if this is a job you can handle. IIRC, the springs are a little tricky to install, but not as tricky as trying to modify the trigger.
lathesmith

HEAD0001
11-13-2008, 01:12 AM
I sent my frame to him for a trigger job. He did a tremendous job on the trigger. And I mean tremendous. And I do not even work for him. Tom.

475/480
11-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Is it easy enough to do or should I send it in? I would like to get it down to around 3 lbs. Im good at following directions. Any input? Anyone here done it?

You can do it,I have done 5 trigger jobs with his kits ,if you can follow instructions you should have no problems.

Sean

dubber123
11-13-2008, 07:09 PM
I did one, and it's pretty easy. I noticed it can make the trigger break seem creepy if the sear isn't really smooth. If you are remotely handy, give it a try. Theres not that many parts in there.

largom
11-13-2008, 08:49 PM
When working as a gunsmith I did dozens of trigger springs on Encores and Pro Hunters. Getting the spring into position can be a little tricky, hard to hold. Bellm sells a needle nose pliars for this but if you are diligent you can do it with regular needle nose pliars or LARGE tweezers. Bellm has detailed pictured instructions on his web site and yes you can do it. Don't get in a hurry and pay attention to details.
Larry

OKIE
02-16-2009, 01:26 AM
I put one of his kits in my encore, took me about 30 minutes (only because I did not follow the directions, would have been 15). I used my Dremel to polish the sear and some other parts. This is now the best trigger I have. Best $20 you will spend on an encore. I recommend getting his hammer spring as well since you will have it out anyway.