PDA

View Full Version : Suprised by wife!

kmw1954
01-04-2020, 03:07 AM
Last night I was sitting here viewing the forum and my wife had just gotten home from work and was relaxing and checking here Facebook. All is good in the world. Then out of the blue the wife pipes up, "Hey what's this guy doing?" So I get up and go look.

A long while ago I asked her to sign up for the Lee Reloaders forum/page/group and then forgot all about it because I don't have a cell phone and I don't have a Facebook acct.

Anyways here she is watching this video of a guy at a Loadmaster press with a case feeder cranking away. I had to watch for a few seconds to make out what was going on on that small screen and finally realized he was depriming brass. I explained and she right away understood.

So then she asks about the case feeder and that she didn't remember seeing one on my press and what did it do and how did it work. So I also explained that to her and told her that yes I do have one on my press.

Of all this though what struck me was that she was actually watching with interest this reloading video. She then also admitted that she does watch quite a few of the video that come up on that site. Maybe I should start following a bit closer!

jeepyj
01-04-2020, 04:21 AM
Wow seems like she's about to get hooked. Congratulations. BTW I pre bought one of those new setups on the video your taking about.

kmw1954
01-04-2020, 04:34 AM
Oh she's a smart woman and knows what the tools are and what they are supposed to do and how they work, has no problem buying supplies and really enjoys Unloading. Though there is no way I'm going to convince her to sit at the bench. Much easier to get her to cut grass and weed whack. For her sitting at the bench is boring. Oh and she can sweat copper pipe!

AntiqueSledMan
01-04-2020, 07:35 AM
Hello kmw1954,

Sounds like a keeper!

AntiqueSledMan.

jonp
01-04-2020, 08:09 AM
and you didn't immediately offer a live demonstration and let her load a few up? I did my wife and she liked it. Doesn't do any reloading but she knows the basics and could do it if she had to. She even tried out casting a few one day when I was in the garage and got a kick out of that, too.

6bg6ga
01-04-2020, 08:25 AM
Best thing I ever did was to explain the reloading operation to my wife. She loves to come out and help. Seems fair considering she can shoot up her share and mine. Mine absolutely loves to de prime brass so I simply setup the Lyman-T-mag with a shell holder and a universal de priming tool and let her go at it. She then takes the brass to the ultrasonic cleaner and then out to dry. She knows that the big Dillon tumbler is next and is quite the quality control freak. Everything has to be pretty when it comes out of the tumbler. So far that is the extent of my schooling with her. She does aid in the bullet sizing she drops bullets in the tube so the feeder never runs out.

HP9MM
01-04-2020, 08:05 PM
I thought she caught you doing something you shouldn't have been doing.

Winger Ed.
01-04-2020, 08:10 PM
My wife takes a passing interest in my hobbies, and sat down and ran the progressive for awhile, but got bored.

I don't have a cell phone and I don't have a !

You need to get a cell phone.
I'm trying to be the last person in the US that doesn't have one, and you are a direct threat to that goal!

kmw1954
01-04-2020, 09:24 PM
You need to get a cell phone.
I'm trying to be the last person in the US that doesn't have one, and you are a direct threat to that goal!

There aren't many of us dinosaurs left! At Holiday dinners I'm the only one that doesn't have my nose pressed to a phone and the only one with no one to talk to.

My wife is also a very competitive person and a very good shot.

onelight
01-05-2020, 09:09 AM
That is a great story , you guys sound like a good team !

kmw1954
01-05-2020, 01:55 PM
Since we have been together I have been truly blessed. Also w/o her I believe I would have been in the grave many years ago. She has helped me survive 3 major heart events that if I were alone I'd be gone. I wish everyone could experience what I have here.

I may never get her to sit at a bench but she is my favorite shooting and fishing companion!

45workhorse
01-05-2020, 02:20 PM
I have two cell phones, but I don't OWN one! Does that count?

Taterhead
01-07-2020, 01:40 PM
My wife takes advantage of my concierge firearms service. She shoots a fair amount. Loves it. That's the extent of it.

Has no interest in reloading.
Has no interest in casting.
Has no interest in packing the range bags or loading the vehicle.
Has no interest in cleaning guns (and has never).

She likes to arrive at the range and find her ammo and guns all ready to go.

It is a good thing she's pretty and a great cook. Then again, I have never operated the washing machine that we currently own. So that's a fair tradeoff!

redhawk0
01-07-2020, 01:56 PM
That's awesome...I suggest you get her to the bench soon...show her proper methods, and how to read your load data records...it could result in twice the ammo...and twice the fun.

redhawk

kmw1954
01-07-2020, 03:11 PM
She is a wonderful wife and companion but she has already made it clear that she has no interest in sitting at the bench actually making ammo.

tankgunner59
01-08-2020, 06:35 PM
My wife will help me look for brass at the range. Heck, when we go to shoot, before we get set up to shoot she's walking the firing lane looking for brass. But she is not interested in the least in reloading or the process. Kudo's to you.

kmw1954
01-08-2020, 07:22 PM
I have to say yes that she too will pickup brass and she will even stop and pick up powder and primers when I need them as she knows what we use. But that's about as far as it goes.