PDA

View Full Version : Hearst TV

shortlegs
01-03-2020, 09:41 PM
Well we just lost NBC TV on satellite tv and cable. Hearst Television wants more money to allow satellites and cable tv providers to broadcast it. I have an antenna in addition to the satellite so I can watch local news and weather when the satellite or cable quits.Guess I will have to negotiate with Hearst TV to use my antenna and broadcast all there add to me. Guess I will have more time to watch the silver stream fill those holes in the little chunks of metal and them send them down range. Thank you Hearst Tv!

Todd N.
01-03-2020, 10:06 PM
Well we just lost NBC TV on satellite tv and cable. !

Could you explain with a bit of detail? I'm only asking because I've heard nothing of this, and I have homes in Oregon and Idaho.

375supermag
01-03-2020, 10:43 PM
Hi...
It's pretty simple...
Billionaires and millionaires arguing over dimes and nickels and in the end the consumer will pay the cost to DirecTV.
Sad...

tinsnips
01-03-2020, 11:32 PM
January 1st we lost are cable also I know the owner personally he told me that they were going to raise programming $40 per month to him.He decided to shut down the whole company instead. Went to Hulu.

shortlegs
01-03-2020, 11:50 PM
Contract is up and Hearst wants more money to allow sats and cable to broadcast their stations.

DocSavage
01-04-2020, 08:07 AM
We lost the local Fox station on our system for the same reasons.

MrWolf
01-04-2020, 08:40 AM
Dish pulled that a few months ago. Look up locast. Basically you can see your over the air channels via internet. Same as live broadcast so no pausing, etc.. It is free and works.

frkelly74
01-04-2020, 01:02 PM
We got a notice from Charter/ Spectrum, (sometimes they go by one name sometimes the other) that they were putting a surcharge on local stations that we can get with an antenna for free. I thought it was among the stupidest ideas I had ever heard and told them so. Of course you talk to someone who has no say so as to what the company does so it was just venting on my part. But I was connected eventually with someone a little higher up and ended up cancelling my cable. I was warned of the dire concequence of going without TV and they asked me to carefully consider what would become of me if I wasn't watching. I told them all the new stuff was crap and I was tired for paying for crap and having to watch stupid commercials for crap I did not want to buy or even know about. I am sure that person was immediately sent for special counciling or something like that. Whoooey! thinking about that gets me all fired up all over again.

MT Gianni
01-04-2020, 05:00 PM
Dish pulled that a few months ago. Look up locast. Basically you can see your over the air channels via internet. Same as live broadcast so no pausing, etc.. It is free and works.

Closest is a split between Seattle or Rapid City. Sounds like a good deal if you can get it.

Parson
01-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Take my word for it, whatever that’s worth but I don’t even own a tv and get along just fine, haven’t had one for about 40 years

Plate plinker
01-04-2020, 10:21 PM
No cable or satellite here and the TV is off most of the day. Often enough it can be several days that the TV is not even turned on. Most programing i have seen in the last 8-10 years doesn't agree with me so...... I don't miss any of that.

gordie
01-05-2020, 04:53 PM
went to cancel my cable... they said once u cancel u can't get it back, have to go to some kind of " streaming".
didn't know what that was, but it ain't fishin' , i said cancel. i'll be alright.

MaryB
01-07-2020, 08:53 PM
I told DirecTV to stuff it last year. Went internet with Sling($50 month), plus Roku, and Pluto(fishing/hunting shows!)