PDA

View Full Version : 3D bullet feeder mods with parts, Thanks AmmoMike!

Harry Tobin
01-03-2020, 08:13 PM
Awhile back I made a video (3d bullet feeder mods) for AmmoMike’s design. I want to THANK YOU AmmoMike! for all your hard work to bring this to us, late last year double alpha bought the patent and shut Mike down. Seems like the little guys making them for there own use is a threat to them. With that being said I had a lot of guys asking me for the files I made, and I was going to ask Mike if I could add my files to his. But that is no longer the case, so today I added my files to thingiverse. This was for the nose down operation for the feeder I built for my friend, but 170 SWC 45's were a challenge. So had to make some special parts to make it work, to let know Mike that his work still carries on I made my files available today. Maybe this may or may not help some guys, but it’s out there if you want to try. AmmoMike thumbs up for what you’ve done!

3d bullet feeder mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs3SDnQQ_R8

3d bullet feeder mods with parts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsXNmNAqEsw

Lakehouse2012
01-03-2020, 08:20 PM
Nice!!! Keep the dream alive....! :)

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Rcmaveric
01-04-2020, 03:11 AM
I have the files. I drew up the wire schematics last week. Wife said I can get a 3D printer with our taxes. So I hope to be building an OBF and Shoebox case feeder within the next few months. I can't wait. So another big thanks from me for those two designs.

I have also been working on the schematics for a press alarm system. I need to stay off YouTube and Thingiverse. I am going to go broke trying to design the perfect Loadmaster alarm and monitoring system.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6bg6ga
01-04-2020, 08:15 AM
Very nice work.

hotrod13
01-04-2020, 09:03 PM
Very nice

Lakehouse2012
01-04-2020, 11:29 PM
Harry,

Were you able to put the files up on thingiverse? I like your external spring mods (and the others). I'd be interested in knowing what I should search on...

Lakehouse2012
01-04-2020, 11:35 PM
Harry,

Were you able to put the files up on thingiverse? I like your external spring mods (and the others). I'd be interested in knowing what I should search on...

Disregard... :) I found you, thanks for sharing!!

Harry Tobin
01-05-2020, 10:38 AM
If you need any help PM me, now if you do the nose guide plate you have to also do the flip plate they work as a set

AR-Bossman
01-05-2020, 04:37 PM
Very selfless of ya, Harry. I'm very very reluctant to put anything up on TV because of how quickly people are to make a buck.

By the way, you should check out the DIY feeder thread with a bit more info on MBF and that patent. They've had it awhile and sunk at least one other operation called Entirely Crimson bullet feeder.

Harry Tobin
01-05-2020, 09:19 PM
Very selfless of ya, Harry. I'm very very reluctant to put anything up on TV because of how quickly people are to make a buck.

By the way, you should check out the DIY feeder thread with a bit more info on MBF and that patent. They've had it awhile and sunk at least one other operation called Entirely Crimson bullet feeder.

Thanks AR !

AR-Bossman
01-05-2020, 09:45 PM
nothing here

Harry Tobin
01-06-2020, 07:23 AM
So Ar where do think 3d print is headed?

AR-Bossman
01-06-2020, 09:46 PM
So Ar where do think 3d print is headed?

Better and better and cheaper. I don't know if you caught my last post in another thread about the DIY BF, but there is an issue now where the copyright law and the patent laws are having to merge. Because we can now transmit a patented design, which is physical, via digital means (copyright.. imagine digital music) and have it printed into existence.

For people like You and I, who could probably design a bulletfeeder in CAD and privately print it then it's all under the table. But for guys who want but can't make, for example, a bullet feeder that can provably be made for easily 1/5th the cost of the MBF feeder, I'm not sure how that will be facilitated. My best guess is in person and local or for people you know.

Rcmaveric
01-07-2020, 04:14 AM
Copy right issues are why I figured some designs disappear. The Open Source MBF isnt on Thingiverse anymore, it is still up on Github. I saw some really cool looking primer and powder cam mounts for the LoadMaster, but you click the search results from Yeggi it says design doesnt exist. Figured someone got to close to a proprietary design and it got taken down. I got the pictures for those, but they dont make sense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Harry Tobin
01-07-2020, 07:19 AM
Ar can't find link to DIY feeder thread, can you put the link up. I'd like to check it out

AR-Bossman
01-07-2020, 12:41 PM
Ar can't find link to DIY feeder thread, can you put the link up. I'd like to check it out

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?354324-Making-that-Bullet-Collator

samll
12-15-2020, 07:40 AM
Awhile back I made a video (3d bullet feeder mods) for AmmoMike’s design. I want to THANK YOU AmmoMike! for all your hard work to bring this to us, late last year double alpha bought the patent and shut Mike down. Seems like the little guys making them for there own use is a threat to them. With that being said I had a lot of guys asking me for the files I made, and I was going to ask Mike if I could add my files to his. But that is no longer the case, so today I added my files to thingiverse. And from Loanwinners (https://loanwinners.com/) you will get some info on the top lenders in the countryThis was for the nose down operation for the feeder I built for my friend, but 170 SWC 45's were a challenge. So had to make some special parts to make it work, to let know Mike that his work still carries on I made my files available today. Maybe this may or may not help some guys, but it’s out there if you want to try. AmmoMike thumbs up for what you’ve done!

3d bullet feeder mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs3SDnQQ_R8

3d bullet feeder mods with parts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsXNmNAqEsw

that's a really nice way to appreciate someones worka
and as a newbie here I want to thank you dor sharing it I so I could as well find out something new