PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary to me, 14 years on the forum.

Murphy
01-01-2020, 05:48 PM
Yep, it was 14 years ago this evening I joined this site. I haven't regretted it one moment. I'd been casting on my own for numerous years prior. I thought I knew about casting, my education really began after finding Castboolits. I learned more in the next 18 months than all my years combined prior to joining.

Down through the years, I've made a lot of great acquaintances and met several, done some swappin' & sellin' as well. And, it's all been great with extremely (and I mean extremely) few issues. I've watched this site grow and grow. It wasn't easy sometimes seeing some of the feuds and disagreements...etc. But as a site grows, so do the problems between members, just a fact of websites where people interact.

I've also witnessed some of the greatest acts of kindness here down through those years. One's position in life makes no difference and there are no dumb questions. People helping people, sharing hard learned lessons and in general just being decent human beings.

Happy New Year to one and all and may God Bless.

Murphy

Der Gebirgsjager
01-01-2020, 06:18 PM
Congrats on the anniversary, Mr.Murphy, and may you share many more years with us.
DG

sundog
01-01-2020, 06:37 PM
Big Okie Howdy, Murphy! You have been a gentleman and great contributor. Thank you. I think back to some of the members on the old shooters board, especially 45 nut, for getting things going. And my good friend, Felix, from whom whom I learned the 'finesse' of the cast boolit. And so many others, too many to mention.

This is a very great, elite group of people. I am humbled in their presence and knowledge.

Happy Anniversary!

skeettx
01-01-2020, 06:50 PM
WHERE is the punch and the cake??
I will be right over :)

smithnframe
01-02-2020, 09:06 AM
Good job! I usually don't last more than a couple of years on a forum till I upset the powers that be and get banned! No problems here!

waksupi
01-02-2020, 10:10 AM
It doesn't seem that long ago. Not many of us plank owners still here!

lightman
01-02-2020, 10:15 AM
Congratulations! Yes, its a great site. I too, have made friends here and even have met a few of them. Good Guys, one and all!

Texas by God
01-02-2020, 10:38 AM
Congratulations from across the Red.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

osteodoc08
01-02-2020, 10:52 AM
Where does the time go!

FISH4BUGS
01-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Yep, it was 14 years ago this evening I joined this site. I haven't regretted it one moment. I'd been casting on my own for numerous years prior. I thought I knew about casting, my education really began after finding Castboolits. I learned more in the next 18 months than all my years combined prior to joining.
Down through the years, I've made a lot of great acquaintances and met several, done some swappin' & sellin' as well. And, it's all been great with extremely (and I mean extremely) few issues. I've watched this site grow and grow. It wasn't easy sometimes seeing some of the feuds and disagreements...etc. But as a site grows, so do the problems between members, just a fact of websites where people interact.
I've also witnessed some of the greatest acts of kindness here down through those years. One's position in life makes no difference and there are no dumb questions. People helping people, sharing hard learned lessons and in general just being decent human beings.
Happy New Year to one and all and may God Bless.
Murphy
Murphy:
Ditto here. I joined in '05 and I am STILL learning.
As an aside, my great grandma (who lived to be 104) was born,. raised and died in Broken Bow. Spent time at Beaver's Bend. Been many years since I was there though.

Murphy
01-02-2020, 10:01 PM
Thanks fella's!

Waksupi, 45nut (the original site owner) and rugerman1 were the first three I got to know in chat the evening I joined. Boy oh' boy! Back in those days, chat was a hoot and my favorite hangout. But as stated in my OP, things change. We've suffered some sad losses for sure. I got to meet Felix and have a nice ingot of about 6-7 Lbs that came from the "Mother Of All Smelters". The first lube I ever made was Felix's recipe. A fine as gentleman as they came. May he rest in peace.

Murphy

samari46
01-03-2020, 01:48 AM
Mr.C.E.Harris authored an article on shooting cast bullets way back when. I first started the hunt for a nice Finn reworked model 27. Got it during a swap which cost me a Brit #4MKII in great condition. Barrel was spotless an was the rest of the rifle. Lyman came out with the 314299 which in this rifle shoots like a dream. I started out in the Aimoo site, then to the shooters site and now cast bullets. Bunch of years has gone by,met some great folks and having fun with my new rifle. Frank

Ed K
01-05-2020, 07:40 PM
Happy anniversary and yes time flies! Signed up just a little after you and what a tidal wave of cast boolit info to wade through! Amazing to have ones eyes opened to the potential of cast and the myths blown wide open. Agree early joys included chat with 45nut and early disappointments were the Lee group buys :groner:

RP
01-05-2020, 07:57 PM
Murphy good to see you hanging around I miss the old chat great place to meet and make friends I guess that is one of the good old days.

Catshooter
01-06-2020, 02:33 AM
I had been casting since '71, so when I joined this site I thought I knew a thing or two. Ha! Now I know better thanks to the many fine gentlemen that grace this site.

Cat

shdwlkr
01-08-2020, 12:31 PM
just looked at when I joined and I will be at the 14 year mark later this year, where has the time gone.

Petander
01-08-2020, 02:51 PM
Congrats,Murphy. Time really goes fast.

I came here from this little,family-like board. Gone long time ago.I had no idea how deep into bullet casting a man can sink. Bismuth next.

https://i.postimg.cc/6pxsyRhM/IMG-20200108-204319-959.jpg

Any old friends around here? L38,J.Miller,Bonzo,Skruske,Dakotalawdog,OTE,Groo, JimBob,Creepyrat...?