PDA

View Full Version : Greatfull

244ack
01-01-2020, 02:43 PM
Just looking at my visa bill with molds coming from Accurate, NOE and MP molds made me thing how grateful I am that we have such great custom mold makers around. there has never been a better time to be a boolit caster.
Grateful we have such a great forum to share knowledge
Happy new year

244Ack

Green Frog
01-03-2020, 10:44 PM
I've made a similar comment on this forum before. With modern manufacturing techniques, moulds can be made in large numbers to very high quality that even 50-75 years ago would have required much hand work from one of a handful of highly skilled craftsmen. As a famous singer said back in the '60s, "... these are the good old days." :mrgreen:

Froggie

lightman
01-04-2020, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I have a CC bill coming up with an Accurate mold on it.

DonHowe
01-04-2020, 12:26 PM
Seems like a good time to put in a plug for a mold maker. Steve Brooks of Montana makes the finest quality molds I have used in terms of workmanship and ease of use. Steve makes molds for single shot BP cartridge rifles. He is or has beena BPCR competitor himself so he knows what works and makes his molds accordingly. They are a dream to cast with.
Using the alloy specified my Brooks mold cast a bullet of correct diameter, just pan lube and load.
Steve and his wife are among the finest people I have ever done business with.