PDA

View Full Version : Remington 12A .22 cal. need HELP !!!

Hootmix
12-29-2019, 04:11 PM
Hey ya'll ,, I work on " lever's " ( toggle links ) this is a PUMP,, belongs to a friend ( of course ),, the problem w/ the little rifle is it won't let the last rd. slide into the lifter,, it gets hung and the carrier dog ( I think that's what it's called ) don't pull the rd. back to the lifter, if I point the muzzle up and gently work the action some of the time ( 50-50 )the rd. is picked up by the lifter and ejects fine. What is worn out ,, what do I need to make ( have a lathe & mill ) It is a Model 12 A ,, late model , I have watched 9 million ( close ) video's on how to disassemble & reassemble ??? no one works on'm just take'm apart and put'm back together ( complain !, complain ! ) is this a common problem w/ older Rem."s .

coffee time ,, maybe two cups. Hootmix.[smilie=b:

gnoahhh
12-29-2019, 11:57 PM
Sounds more like the magazine spring is too soft or too short. That's what I would scope out first. If it is the problem, PM me. I have a junker M12 that feeds like a champ I could be talked out of.

Hootmix
12-30-2019, 10:17 AM
gnoahhh,, thanks for the holler back ,, the rifle feeds all of the rds. smoothly except for the last one,, cked out the spring even added a 1/2" long plug to the top of the spring to make it stronger , also made a temporary longer stem ( 3/4 " ) longer to push the rd. out father ,, ziltch, the rd. still got wedged and the carrier dog still would not pull the rd. back , but like I said ,tilt the barrel up and gently slide the action back the rd. fed, & ejected fine. I know she's worn but ! just need to know which part to replace,, ( ck PM ).

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.

John Taylor
12-30-2019, 10:53 AM
Like Gnoahhh said, weak spring or could be the wrong inner tube not pushing the last round into the action far enough. It is common the see old guns with a replacement inner tube. Usually the new inner tube will be brass where the original was steel.

KCSO
12-30-2019, 11:13 AM
Mag spring, the problem is common with these. Brownells has the sprong blanks cut it say 4inches longer than the compressed one.

Hootmix
12-30-2019, 01:17 PM
Hey ya'll ,, John it does have a brass inner tube,, KCSO ,, will put a longer plug ( 2-4 ") on top of spring , if that helps make the spring stronger will get new spring.

more coffee ,, Hootmix.