PDA

View Full Version : Roper style boot recommendations

metricmonkeywrench
12-28-2019, 03:23 PM
Getting ready to go out in search of a new pair of pull on Roper style boots after many years. My current pair of Georgia Boots western boots are about shot. I'm looking for something more in line with a 1in walking heel rather than the taller riding heel. These days I spend more time in an office than out and about outdoors.

As a younger lad Justin Ropers were the standard but in searching the net there are a lot more manufactures. My wife has recently gotten some Ariats and they seem to be pretty decent.

LUCKYDAWG13
12-28-2019, 03:32 PM
I have been looking at these for a wile but still on my wish list https://www.tecovas.com/collections/mens-collection

gon2shoot
12-28-2019, 04:31 PM
Boots are like guns, the makers have changed so much I wont buy without looking them over.

Budzilla 19
12-28-2019, 05:06 PM
Ariat brand.

Texas by God
12-28-2019, 06:24 PM
Justin, still. But not the Chinese ones because Justin won't fix or re-sole those. Get the US/Mex ones. My last pair went 15 years. At least that what my feet tell me. I'm too old for bulldogging heels, I might roll my ankle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RU shooter
12-28-2019, 09:51 PM
Ariat brand.
That's what I went with for my last set of work boots , got a lower heel an a steel toe have to admit after about two days of break in they feel great for a 10 hour shift standing
And walking on concrete . I've always been a lace up redwing or Carolina boot guy this was my first pair of pull on boots and I'm very satisfied with them

metricmonkeywrench
12-29-2019, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the input, unfortunately i didnt see Texas' post and ended up with a Chinese pair so we will have to see how they last. I on the tried the Ariats and the pairs i put on were too tight across the top of my foot.

mtnman31
12-29-2019, 10:50 PM
I can't help with my own experience, but these look appropriate since this is a shooting forum.
https://www.bootbarn.com/roper-mens-brown-conceal-carry-pocket-pierce-boots---square-toe-/2000230422.html

I don't wear slip on boots, only lace-ups for me. I have an older pair of Rocky boots that have served me well for many years. They have a roper shape, but lace up. They are lightly insulated for cold weather. I guess they are more like a logging boot than roper since they also have tread instead if a smooth bottom. Anyway, they have held up well and I'd recommend a look at the Rocky brand.

metricmonkeywrench
12-30-2019, 01:00 PM
These are mostly for clomping around and occasional wear at the office. For the serious work stuff I have a nice pair of Red Wings to get the job done