PDA

View Full Version : Merry CHristmas belatedly

Blackwater
12-27-2019, 09:23 PM
Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas this year. I sure did. I am a truly richly blessed man. And I hope any miseries and challenges you have faced or are facing will dissipate and vanish for you, or at least that God will be gentle with you. I have my own battles to fight, and all I can say is that I feel like the luckiest man in the world to have what I have and to have made it this far in life. It's awfully humbling to have friends like you folks, and family, extended and immediate, that has brought me so far with so little. Truly, that old song, "Amazing Grace" fits me so very, very well. God bless you all.

Pine Baron
12-28-2019, 09:15 AM
Merry belated Christmas Dennis. Your "checking in" is a late Christmas present. Go in peace brother.

Boaz
12-28-2019, 09:49 AM
Hoping yours was a good one ! I'm glad to see you posting here .

DougGuy
12-28-2019, 09:53 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS back atcha Dennis!!!! Looking at NYE next week, you KNOW some of those onions will be in black eyed peas!!!! I froze all of them!

USMC87
12-28-2019, 10:09 AM
Merry Christmas and it is great to hear from you.

Bazoo
12-28-2019, 05:50 PM
Amen, I'll receive it.

Merry Christmas to you.

Blackwater
01-04-2020, 06:59 PM
Thanks, guys. Had one of if not THE best Christmasses this year ever. I had a lot more disposable money than usual and kinda' went a bit extravagant on the gifts I gave, but all were worth it and then some. And all of them are things that will last for many, many years. I guess it's just something to remember me by when my time here's up? But the best thing of all was realizing just how potent and essential His birth really was. Maybe as we age, and our time comes closer to an end, we can more fully internalize the magnitude and importance of His coming to earth? If you guys can figure it all out, you're better men than I am. I've tried all my life to understand God, and His ways and how He thinks. Late in life, I finally realized that my mind probably doesn't possess the CAPABILITY of understanding Him fully. But He sent His Son to give us the essentials, and they're all so simple that even my young Down's syndrome cousin has understood them! He's laid it all out so carefully and fully. All we have to do is simply trust Him, and obey what He's given us to follow. So very, very simple! I am humbled by my limitations, and by His Love and Majesty over us all. And I'm so very, very satisfied with the wonderful life He's given me. I am truly a richly blessed man, and am humbled by His wondrous grace. All praise be to Him, while we muddle around and fiddle with all sorts of things to occupy our time and cares, and try to find Him by OUR rules instead of simply following the "map" He ga ve us, to start with! If this doesn't humble us all, I don't know what could.

And Doug, I'm glad you enjoyed them, and still have a few. Ain't nothin' lak them Vidalias, though I love the strong "make you cry" type also. And this is the first year in my memory that I haven't had black eyes on 1/1. The wife wasn't up to cooking, and I certainly wasn't, but we'll get by ... I hope??? ;^)

Y'all have a geat one!

toallmy
01-04-2020, 07:08 PM
Very nice to hear from you and pray you and yours have a wonderful New Year .